Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #46
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

billboards eh? what, is your name nike or something?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:13 AM   #47
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

nah its
jet-sands-real
****des****
97-06
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:06 AM   #48
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Ben Wallace Preseason Stats
6 ppg/7.6 rpg/.67 bpg/ 1.33 spg/ .167 FT%

Jason Maxiel Preseason Stats
14.3 ppg/ 5.8 rpg/ 2 bpg/ .75 spg/ .586 FT%

Nazr Mohammed Preseasn Stats
11.7 ppg/ 5 rpg/ 1.33 bpg/ 1.67 spg / .583 FT%

"This is my year...Ben left the door open and I am trying to run through it"
-Jason Maxiel 10-16-06

I know the preseason isn't that important for most players, but for teams with radically different lineups its a time to test the roles and team chemistry. for ben wallace, nazr mohammed, and jason maxiel this is no regular preseason.

P.S: Ben Wallace averaged 11.7 rpg and 2.2 bpg in the preseason last year.

dude its preseason, it dont matter, hes going to have another solid year, dont worry about Big Ben, if hes putting up the numbers that he has in preseason near all-star break, then we should worry...
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #49
littlespyda
Decent playground baller

littlespyda has an OK reputation so far

that is pretty bad.
littlespyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #50
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

xxxSuperStar has an OK reputation so far

The biggest difference is that he can guard ANYBODY, including Shaq without need for double teams. When you can have your big guys defend down low it goes extremely far.

The Pistons will now have to double team good centers down low leaving open shots.
xxxSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #51
final.wrath
Banned

ben wallace cant stop shaq man on man. he does pretty well but nobody in the league can stop him from dominating one on one.

and its not like nazr sucks. he can carry his own weight at the defensive end. We wont have to double team any centers I can think of besides Shaq.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #52
goillcity
I brick open layups

goillcity has an OK reputation so far

nazr is going to let you down big time
goillcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #53
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
ben wallace cant stop shaq man on man. he does pretty well but nobody in the league can stop him from dominating one on one.

and its not like nazr sucks. he can carry his own weight at the defensive end. We wont have to double team any centers I can think of besides Shaq.

Yes, nobody can truly guard Shaq, but when Ben is guarding him double teams rarely come.

Nazr's not used to playing big minutes (averages only 18 for his career) as he isn't in the best of shape and gets winded easily. His career block average is also .7, which is terrible for a big man. Nobody to clean up ine middle if a penetrator gets by the perimeter (Ben Wallace averages more blocks alone than Sheed and Nazr combined.)
Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 PM   #54
Internet
Kids at the park dunk on me

Internet has an OK reputation so far

you talk about how the game has gone to up tempo offense and how this makes ben wallace not as useful, well nazr was glued to the spurs bench last playoffs cos he was slow like wallace, why is he going to be any different for the Pistons? He was a liability for the Spurs when they played the Mavs in last seasons playoffs so why would he be any different for the Pistons?

You cant have double standards, either Nazr will be useful and peform well, and ben will do the same. Or they will both suck.

If your arguements about Wallace not being as servicable are true, then the exact same applies to Nazr.

PS Nazr isnt very good.

Last edited by Internet : 10-30-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Internet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:13 AM   #55
taurus515th
Can barely lace up my sneakers

taurus515th has an OK reputation so far

I do know about yall but im glad at what Ben Wallace has done in the preseason. Hes not trying so hard so that he doesnt get hurt like a lot players have during the preseason which would have been i big lost to us.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:51 AM   #56
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus515th
I do know about yall but im glad at what Ben Wallace has done in the preseason. Hes not trying so hard so that he doesnt get hurt like a lot players have during the preseason which would have been i big lost to us.

You've got a point preseason doesn't matter, especially for veterans. Preseason is usually more for the young guys to show off their skills. On the other hand the season is where veterans step up. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, he'll do fine.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #57
xxxSuperStar
I Like Tacos

Where's final wrath today so we can finish out discussion of how, as he claims, that ben can't guard Shaq one on one.

You see, exactly what I said. The bull will have to double team NOBODY on the interior which leaves very few open shots for the opposing team. Most of the Heat's shots were contested, which led them to miss.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #58
Giuseppino
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Giuseppino has an OK reputation so far

C 48:00 4-11 0-0 0-0 10 8 18 4 2 1 5 0 8

18rebounds, 10 offensive rebounds

nothing to say.
Giuseppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #59
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet
you talk about how the game has gone to up tempo offense and how this makes ben wallace not as useful, well nazr was glued to the spurs bench last playoffs cos he was slow like wallace, why is he going to be any different for the Pistons? He was a liability for the Spurs when they played the Mavs in last seasons playoffs so why would he be any different for the Pistons?

You cant have double standards, either Nazr will be useful and peform well, and ben will do the same. Or they will both suck.

If your arguements about Wallace not being as servicable are true, then the exact same applies to Nazr.

PS Nazr isnt very good.

I think when duncan was injured a couple years ago Nazi went for 15 and 10. Nazi is a decent player and he is worth his 5 mil. Ben is one-sided and isn't the best at it. aint he aint no where near worth 15mil and 32 years old.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #60
final.wrath
Banned

ben still cant guard shaq one on one. shaq doesnt really try in the regular season.

i predict ben will average around 7/12 this year.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: