Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #46
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wow, George Karl is a hater

Also a lot of people don't understand that George Karl holds a place of bitterness/hatred towards both Ray Allen & Melo.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #47
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Also a lot of people don't understand that George Karl holds a place of bitterness/hatred towards both Ray Allen & Melo.

I don't know what happened between him and Allen, but he has every right to be bitter towards Anthony.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #48
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
I don't know what happened between him and Allen, but he has every right to be bitter towards Anthony.

It's a business dude. Players get traded and leave in free agency all the time.

You must think that Nene has every right to be absolutely livid at George Karl, after trading him away right after signing a long contract extension, right?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #49
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Why? Because he told them he was leaving in FA? Because he insisted on a trade right away that let them get good value as opposed to nothing?

Melo did nothing wrong. I get Denver fans who don't like him because he left them. But leaving them was not something wrong.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #50
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

he's hating because of his past relationship with Melo, but he's right
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #51
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Why? Because he told them he was leaving in FA? Because he insisted on a trade right away that let them get good value as opposed to nothing?

Melo did nothing wrong. I get Denver fans who don't like him because he left them. But leaving them was not something wrong.

Because he was putting a strong hold on Karls team, you can spin it now with the "he did it to get them good value" crap but that's not what happened, there was nothing noble about it. Melo wanted to get paid while getting to his team of choice, it's not that I have a big problem with that, but I fully understand if Karl does. Melo created that situation right after Karl had recovered from cancer, that kind of stress was probably the last thing Karl wanted or needed.

And why not? Why can't Karl not like Melo? He has a personal relationship with him that neither you or I have seen or been close to. Not all people like each other, they're not supposed to, people cross each other and get angry with each other. Melo played selfishly for years under Karl, ended up putting a strong hold on his team, it's OK to be a bit bitter when reporters ask him about Melo, it doesn't make him the devil.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #52
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Because he was putting a strong hold on Karls team, you can spin it now with the "he did it to get them good value" crap but that's not what happened, there was nothing noble about it. Melo wanted to get paid while getting to his team of choice, it's not that I have a big problem with that, but I fully understand if Karl does. Melo created that situation right after Karl had recovered from cancer, that kind of stress was probably the last thing Karl wanted or needed.

And why not? Why can't Karl not like Melo? He has a personal relationship with him that neither you or I have seen or been close to. Not all people like each other, they're not supposed to, people cross each other and get angry with each other. Melo played selfishly for years under Karl, ended up putting a strong hold on his team, it's OK to be a bit bitter when reporters ask him about Melo, it doesn't make him the devil.

He didn't put a strong hold on anyone. Teams don't own a player's soul and first born son. They could have traded him in any year of the first 7 that they had him. Free agency for athletes has been fought for in front of the US Supreme Court.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #53
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

I do agree with this and I don't know that his comments were intended with bitterness. But I do think that, at some point, he has to not talk about it. It's simply not gonna look good when we're playing the way we are and his team are struggling the way they are. The guy in the trade (Gallo) is doing a lot of things well but his scoring is not so great right now and his jumpshot is nowhere near what it was a few years ago. We'll see what happens. I like this Denver team.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 12-11-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #54
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
He didn't put a strong hold on anyone. Teams don't own a player's soul and first born son. They could have traded him in any year of the first 7 that they had him. Free agency for athletes has been fought for in front of the US Supreme Court.

You're really making this more than it is. No one was holding him prisoner. People are upset that he wanted to leave and keep his money, at the expense of his team...yea, it actually helped them in getting so many pieces back for him, but that was a consequence of a very ugly approach. The same could have happened without his shit being out in the open but he put it out there. That's on him.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #55
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
You're really making this more than it is. No one was holding him prisoner. People are upset that he wanted to leave and keep his money, at the expense of his team...yea, it actually helped them in getting so many pieces back for him, but that was a consequence of a very ugly approach. The same could have happened without his shit being out in the open but he put it out there. That's on him.

There is no such thing as "private trade requests" anymore in this fast paced media world we live in with so many middle men running around, screenshotting conversations, & then making a call to Broussard or Bucher so they can be the first to break the story.

I saw the Melo trade coming a mile away, before The Decision and the reaction of Knicks fans on the streets outside MSG chanting "Carmelo Anthony". It became an ugly situation because Denver kept trying to negotiate for a different deal and dragged it along while Melo kept playing. Involving teams where Melo admitted he likely wouldn't re-sign although if he had gone to Dallas I think he would have

He's always made it clear that it was nothing against Denver it was just going to a situation where he felt he could win a Championship. Its just the fact that K-Mart, Billups, Birdman, Nene, Afflalo, JR Smith, & even George Karl each had their contracts up at the end of the season and there was a lot of uncertainty of who would return.

Melo made the right move, when he did.

Everyone except George Karl was let go or traded. Speaks volumes of how he felt about the guys who led him to his most success in Denver.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #56
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Karl doesn't have to like Melo. I'm sure Melo doesn't like Karl. I'm sure half of the Denver team now doesn't like Karl. Karl doesn't need to take unprompted shots at Melo all the time though. (And it's often). I'm sorry, that's just being an unproffessional douchebag.

Did you ever have an ex? I'm sure you did. Did you bring up unpromoted all the time 2 years later what a bitch she is? Probably not, you stopped at some point because adults stop.

I have no problem if Karl wishes Melo lose every game. But he coached him, and a coach bashing his old players just basically shows what a hating old **** he is.

It's not like this is the old time he did this. People act like he's mean to Melo, and that's justified. You can go back in his history, he's just a hateful guy who doesn't like star players. Go look up his stuff about Doc Rivers not being a good coach and being "annointed" and the racial undertones in what he said. Him going back and forth with people is nothing new. Let's note Melo is not returning fire but Karl is still going.

Last edited by niko : 12-11-2012 at 04:03 PM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #57
ZenMaster
Whap'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Karl doesn't have to like Melo. I'm sure Melo doesn't like Karl. I'm sure half of the Denver team now doesn't like Karl. Karl doesn't need to take unprompted shots at Melo all the time though. (And it's often). I'm sorry, that's just being an unproffessional douchebag.

Did you ever have an ex? I'm sure you did. Did you bring up unpromoted all the time 2 years later what a bitch she is? Probably not, you stopped at some point because adults stop.

I have no problem if Karl wishes Melo lose every game. But he coached him, and a coach bashing his old players just basically shows what a hating old **** he is.

It's not like this is the old time he did this. People act like he's mean to Melo, and that's justified. You can go back in his history, he's just a hateful guy who doesn't like star players. Go look up his stuff about Doc Rivers not being a good coach and being "annointed" and the racial undertones in what he said. Him going back and forth with people is nothing new. Let's note Melo is not returning fire but Karl is still going.

You're making way more than it is, I mean he ended up saying he thinks melo has potential to on a championship team, that's a huge compliment.

I just can't get upset about him saying that melo has to improve mentally and figure out some things. To me that's no different than saying someone needs to be faster or a better shooter, because the brain is part of the body and players mental state affect them as much as anything.
You can't get offended because somebody critcizes your IQ in sports, or you can but you'd be better off not to because your intelligence toward the game matters.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #58
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
There is no such thing as "private trade requests" anymore in this fast paced media world we live in with so many middle men running around, screenshotting conversations, & then making a call to Broussard or Bucher so they can be the first to break the story.

I saw the Melo trade coming a mile away, before The Decision and the reaction of Knicks fans on the streets outside MSG chanting "Carmelo Anthony". It became an ugly situation because Denver kept trying to negotiate for a different deal and dragged it along while Melo kept playing. Involving teams where Melo admitted he likely wouldn't re-sign although if he had gone to Dallas I think he would have

He's always made it clear that it was nothing against Denver it was just going to a situation where he felt he could win a Championship. Its just the fact that K-Mart, Billups, Birdman, Nene, Afflalo, JR Smith, & even George Karl each had their contracts up at the end of the season and there was a lot of uncertainty of who would return.

Melo made the right move, when he did.

Everyone except George Karl was let go or traded. Speaks volumes of how he felt about the guys who led him to his most success in Denver.

I think he put it out there the way he wanted it out there. It was totally his call.

And I don't blame him for it. He hardly did it for a championship. He did it because he wanted to live here and be here, in the middle of it. He could have gone to the Nets, 10min outside the City and a year and change away from playing in New York and in his birth city. He wanted the Knicks. That's fine, but the way he went about it could have been avoided.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #59
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I think he put it out there the way he wanted it out there. It was totally his call.
Well he put it out there with the toast at his wedding with Amare & CP3.

So he got it out first before Chris Broussard's sources told the world.

That started all the rumors and what else can you do? He stood by it on the premise of that was going to be the new "Big 3". At least he didn't deny it, make a committment to the Nuggets, and try to play both sides like Dwight did.

Quote:
And I don't blame him for it. He hardly did it for a championship. He did it because he wanted to live here and be here, in the middle of it. He could have gone to the Nets, 10min outside the City and a year and change away from playing in New York and in his birth city. He wanted the Knicks. That's fine, but the way he went about it could have been avoided.
He did it for a Championship.

The Nuggets had a ceiling in the Western Conference. Free Agents weren't going to sign there to play with Melo, simply because 95% of NBA players thinks Denver is just like Utah and don't realize they have black people, latinos, nightclubs, & even have a black mayor. The ownership is scared to hit the luxury tax because Kroenke owns too many teams. They proved it when they let Camby go for salary relief despite him winning Defensive Player of the Year. They'll prove it again when Wilson Chandler gets traded for nothing because they're going to touch it next season with the current contracts they have.

In New York he will get a chance with a core of vets for 2 seasons, possibly 3 and then if he chooses to stick around then management will rebuild once again with a brand new core. That is the best chance for a Championship in this league unless you get lucky like OKC did and hit on 4 draft picks in 3 years.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #60
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Well he put it out there with the toast at his wedding with Amare & CP3.

So he got it out first before Chris Broussard's sources told the world.

That started all the rumors and what else can you do? He stood by it on the premise of that was going to be the new "Big 3". At least he didn't deny it, make a committment to the Nuggets, and try to play both sides like Dwight did.

He did it for a Championship.

The Nuggets had a ceiling in the Western Conference. Free Agents weren't going to sign there to play with Melo, simply because 95% of NBA players thinks Denver is just like Utah and don't realize they have black people, latinos, nightclubs, & even have a black mayor. The ownership is scared to hit the luxury tax because Kroenke owns too many teams. They proved it when they let Camby go for salary relief despite him winning Defensive Player of the Year. They'll prove it again when Wilson Chandler gets traded for nothing because they're going to touch it next season with the current contracts they have.

In New York he will get a chance with a core of vets for 2 seasons, possibly 3 and then if he chooses to stick around then management will rebuild once again with a brand new core. That is the best chance for a Championship in this league unless you get lucky like OKC did and hit on 4 draft picks in 3 years.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't believe it was down to championships. I didn't even remember the toast. It's hard to believe even.

Sure, he wants a championship. But I think his first thoughts had more to do with being in NY and playing with great players. Sure, playing with great players usually locks into wanting to win a title, but I never saw it like that. I saw it as something that I didn't like and I'd want to distance myself from.

I don't hold it against him that he wanted to get as much money as possible either.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: