Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Lakers Should Tank

Draft any of the Wiggins/Randle/Jabari Top 5 Trio to pair up with Kobe when he returns.

Why even try and compete knowing you won't get better than 8th seed with Nash and Pau.
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Inferno
chill

Inferno has a near all-star reputation hereInferno has a near all-star reputation hereInferno has a near all-star reputation hereInferno has a near all-star reputation hereInferno has a near all-star reputation hereInferno has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Lakers Should Tank

I doubt Kobe will be fine with tanking
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm torn here. I hate to see teams tank but in this case, it would just make sense. On the other hand, however, fans wouldn't attend games, the franchise would lose money, etc. It'd be a terrible season.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Trollsmasher
Testing Free Agency

Trollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this boardTrollsmasher is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno
He is good at losing while wanting to win though. I think they will manage.
Trollsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Maybe, maybe not. He will basically be allowed to chuck all day. He could probably hit 30ppg.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #6
alec613
My city needs a team!

alec613 has an OK reputation so far

Same reason why Mavs aren't tanking : their franchise star is still in the team
alec613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

I wonder why Lebron didn't tank in 08/09/10. I mean his team mates were sooooo bad according to Lebron fans that the Cavs were better off tanking. I mean look at his second option my god.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Kobe will probably be out all season, why not tank?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
I wonder why Lebron didn't tank in 08/09/10. I mean his team mates were sooooo bad according to Lebron fans that the Cavs were better off tanking. I mean look at his second option my god.
Because he didn't have a torn achillies and he wasn't 34 years old.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
PickernRoller
2/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBulls
Because he didn't have a torn achillies and he wasn't 34 years old.

So you mean to tell me 0 rings =/= 0 rings?
Old 07-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #11
MMKM
Local High School Star

MMKM has a bad reputationMMKM has a bad reputationMMKM has a bad reputation

News flash: Lakers don't have to tank. When they lose 65 games this year, it won't be on purpose. It's cuz they have one if the worst rosters in the whole league. They are gonna be abysmal they won't have to try to be bad.
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

As a Laker fan I can say this...

They don't have to try and tank, they're going to no matter what. But Pau and Nash have the ability, doubt they will, to fhck up the possibility of landing a top 3 pick.

Trade Pau, or amnesty him if it's even possible. Lakers need to just look at next year's draft class and the free agency class. They don't have a prayer next year, but they can definitely set themselves up for a very bright future if they play their cards right.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #13
MMKM
Local High School Star

MMKM has a bad reputationMMKM has a bad reputationMMKM has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
As a Laker fan I can say this...

They don't have to try and tank, they're going to no matter what. But Pau and Nash have the ability, doubt they will, to fhck up the possibility of landing a top 3 pick.

Trade Pau, or amnesty him if it's even possible. Lakers need to just look at next year's draft class and the free agency class. They don't have a prayer next year, but they can definitely set themselves up for a very bright future if they play their cards right.

Exactly. What we are witnessing is actually the beginning of the post Kobe era. Scrap Gasol and just lose lose lose. Then 2015 they will not only get a great pick but be in hot pursuit of Love Lebron Melo etc. They are down but it won't be long waiting for the turnaround. Just gotta sacrifice this year and piss off the stupid fans that don't see the big picture
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
PickernRoller
2/5

The suggestion that Gasol should be amnestied is ridiculous. To the contrary, keep him, show him some love and then resign him for cheaper along with Kobe.

If they are as bad as the haters claim; there is no need to amnesty anyone if the end result will stay the same - missing the playoffs. I can tell you this: they won't get Wiggins and they will certainly not wait for a player to grow up and lose 2-3 years in the process - FOR AN IF. But whatever.

Since when do teams playing with the draft win jack shit? I would love to see the probabilities/statistics that support success. You go that route, most often than not, you end up in mediocrity and never come back aka 70% of the league.

Last edited by PickernRoller : 07-06-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #15
cos88
Banned

cos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong waycos88 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

cos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: