Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyrus Thomas

Default Tyrus Thomas

Where does he fit in this season? We're paying him starter $ but he, Boris and now Biyombo all play the same position. How do you think it will work out?

Default Re: Tyrus Thomas

First of all there is the possibility that Biyombo might not play more than 15mpg in his rookie season anyway. Remember that he is very, very raw. He'll still have to learn basics, and he'll probably have a rough time avoiding fouls in his first season. That should leave enough minutes for all three players. Especially since Biyombo can play a bit of C and Diaw a bit of SF.

But if Biyombo is good enough to play extended minutes, I see him splitting his time between the PF and the C spot. Hey may be a bit short for the C spot, but he is heavy and strong, especially for his age. And we don't have any centers on the team right now, so even if we get one in free agency there is a lot of time to be filled at that position. That should leave plenty of minutes for Tyrus to play minutes at the PF slot.

Boris Diaw's minutes should simply not be a priority at this point. It's a bit of a d1ck move to diminish his role like this in his contract year, but business is business. It's his contract year, he's obviously not coming back after this season and the Bobcats won't win many games with or without him right now. So there is no reason to play him instead of Tyrus or Biyombo.

Not your average OWL onewickedlady's Avatar

Damn. I'm going to miss the frickin' season. Except I could probably watch the Clipps and Lakers play the Cats. Maybe even take in a game at the Staples Center. Hmmm..............I even have a Bobcats t-shirt with me. But I don't think I want to risk being beaten up...........
    Quizno--where are ya???????

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    Damn. I'm going to miss the frickin' season. Except I could probably watch the Clipps and Lakers play the Cats. Maybe even take in a game at the Staples Center. Hmmm..............I even have a Bobcats t-shirt with me. But I don't think I want to risk being beaten up...........
    Quizno--where are ya???????
    I bet Quizno can hook you up with league pass.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I bet Quizno can hook you up with league pass.
    Now if he could only pay for it too......

hey, i'm here. i'm definitely going to be getting a league pass (cousin is getting it for me for christmas ) and i'd be happy to share it with you guys. i'll pm you the username and password when i get it. it'll only work on the computer of course but the quality is great, that's how been able to watch the bobcats for the last few years.

and about tyrus, LJJ echoes my sentiments exactly. he needs his minutes, i think he has a lot of potential to be a 15/9 kinda guy given starter minutes and he has a lot of impact on the defensive end. he's also still very young so there's lots of room to improve. the sooner we get rid of boris diaw the better imo. i'd like to see TT at the 4 and biyombo at the 5 to start the season. a starting 5 of something like this:

Kemba Walker
    Gerald Henderson
    Corey Maggette (can't stand him as a player but he's still instant offense)
    Tyrus Thomas
    Bismack Biyombo

it's going to be a longgggg season but it's a young team with plenty of room to grow. i don't think we have any hope of sniffing the playoffs this year but i'm hopeful for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    i don't think we have any hope of sniffing the playoffs this year but i'm hopeful for the future
    Before I die. Please God.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    hey, i'm here. i'm definitely going to be getting a league pass (cousin is getting it for me for christmas ) and i'd be happy to share it with you guys. i'll pm you the username and password when i get it.
    Awesome, thanks.

You've been 'Smacked!

If we can get Bobcats' games (you're in CA right?) I'll gladly contribute to the cost.

The constant struggle for shady streams while living in blackout hades makes it mighty tough to be a diehard fan.

You've been 'Smacked!

In regards to the OP Tyrus REALLY needs to show he's worth that fat contract. Main thing is he has to stay healthy. After that he has to show he can grow IQ wise on the court.

Until he does that we're going to be ridiculed for giving him that nice deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    If we can get Bobcats' games (you're in CA right?) I'll gladly contribute to the cost.

The constant struggle for shady streams while living in blackout hades makes it mighty tough to be a diehard fan.

I'm in the Van Nuys area. My extra funds are slim to non-existent, so I'm going to need to rely on the good graces of others. Plus, my husband may need surgery for a ruptured bladder so I may need to get back to NC temporarily anyway.

You've been 'Smacked!

Quote Originally Posted by onewickedlady
    I'm in the Van Nuys area. My extra funds are slim to non-existent, so I'm going to need to rely on the good graces of others. Plus, my husband may need surgery for a ruptured bladder so I may need to get back to NC temporarily anyway.
    My sincerest condolences dear lady.

If nothing else pans out I'll make a point of getting you whatever I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by ~spectre~
    My sincerest condolences dear lady.

If nothing else pans out I'll make a point of getting you whatever I can find.
    wonderful!

no worries guys, i'm happy to share free of cost =)

Good God TT sucks.