Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups Redoks's Avatar

Default Re: So let's team up 2 top 3 NBA players and another star in their prime

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: So let's team up 2 top 3 NBA players and another star in their prime

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Replace Shaq with Webber or Sheed as we all already know prime Shaq could take anybody to a championship.

Iverson/Sheed/Allen...would that be a championship trio?
    AI/Webber/Allen....what about this trio?

When you put Prime Shaq or Prime Jordan....is there even question to if those teams would fail?
    So where are Shaqs rings prior to 2000?_

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    is op really comparing chris bosh to patrick ewing, grant hill, tracy mcgrady, and young kobe!?
    I think he's looking at it from a numbers stand point. Bosh averaged 24 and 11 before joining the Heat. Ewing averaged 24 and 11 in 91-92.

But clearly they're on different planets. The bigs are just weaker in this era.

If you listed all of today's top big men, Bosh is near the top. But he doesn't compare to Ewing on the all-time list.

Young Larry Johnson is probably a better fit, but even then i'd take Larry Johnson over Bosh.

Or actually maybe Cliff Robinson is a closer fit.
    Last edited by Poetry; 07-05-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Around 1990
    Star = Patrick Ewing

Around 1995
    Star = Grant Hill

Around 2000
    Star = Kobe Bryant

Around 2005
    Star = Tracy Mcgrady
    You're giving Chris Bosh far too much credit.
    I have picked mine based on MVP votes

1989-90
    MVP: Magic Johnson
    5th: Patrick Ewing
    All-star: Tom Chambers

1994-95
    MVP: David Robinson
    5th: Hakeem Olajuwon
    All-star: Mitch Richmond

1999-00
    MVP: Shaquille O'Neal
    5th: Tim Duncan
    All-star: Michael Finley

2004-05
    MVP: Steve Nash
    5th: Tim Duncan (Iverson doesn't count)
    All-star: Paul Pierce

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    You're giving Chris Bosh far too much credit.
    I have picked mine based on MVP votes

1989-90
    MVP: Magic Johnson
    5th: Patrick Ewing
    All-star: Tom Chambers

1994-95
    MVP: David Robinson
    5th: Hakeem Olajuwon
    All-star: Mitch Richmond

1999-00
    MVP: Shaquille O'Neal
    5th: Tim Duncan
    All-star: Michael Finley

2004-05
    MVP: Steve Nash
    5th: Tim Duncan (Iverson doesn't count)
    All-star: Paul Pierce
    A lot of these teams look straight dominant.
    Nash passing to Pierce and Duncan?

Well Bosh did lead his own team for 7 seasons, multiple times all-star.
    Maybe Amare this season would be comparable?

Let's try this current season then

Top 1: Lebron James
    Top 3: Kevin Durant
    Star: Amare Stoudamire

Some very sensitive fans out there

Banned

Compared to this era the BIG 3 in Miami is comparable to 1991 Jordan, Magic and Ewing.. But doesnt mean they're equal players.. Jordan, Magic and Ewing are far superior but if we compared by era, they are the equivalent..

7-time NBA All-Star

Well, I was just trying to add another all-star into the team that played a different position. Those guys were stars during those years, and they weren't top 3. Feel free to disagree with my list, but do make your own teams too!

I've always wanted to see what Iverson at his prime would look like with a good team=

Around 2001
    Top 1= Iverson
    Top 3= Shaquille O'neal
    Star = Ray Allen
    at Iverson being better than Shaq in '01. the top 3 were Shaq, Duncan and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    So where are Shaqs rings prior to 2000?_
    The "Shaq could win with anyone" thing is stupid. Nobody can win with anyone. But Shaq also happened to take his game to another level in 2000. And it's funny but his most talented teams came prior to '00. His '00 team was his least talented from '95-'06. '98 was the most talented.
    Last edited by ShaqAttack3234; 07-05-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    at Iverson being better than Shaq in '01. the top 3 were Shaq, Duncan and Kobe.
    Why you mad? 2001 Was the year AI took his team to the finals weren't it. He's definitely be top 3 in my book. MVP that year as well.

Again, this is very subjective, feel free to make your own teams if you aren't satisfied with others. Why hate?

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Some very sensitive fans out there
    Last edited by ripthekik; 07-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Let's be real here - we all know what we're talking about and the best comparison would be 1991-92

Jordan
    Drexler
    Ewing (I was actually surprised by this)

Right about the same age. Almost same records on their teams from the past year.

Of course, the talent level was so different. A lot of Lebronytes like to compare him to Jordan so let's leave it like that. Drexler might be a good comparison for Wade too. Dominant, yet slightly older. A lot of people forget that the Heat won close to 50 games with just Wade, JO's corpse, and Beasley's smoking ass.

Ewing... I don't know, was the East really that good that in 1990 that he couldn't get them to a better record? I dunno I was 10. Are we severely underrating Bosh that he can't take it to the next level like Ewing did. Are we forgetting that Bosh's best Raptor team had the likes of Calderon, Anthony Parker, and Jorge Garbajosa?

If not Ewing, maybe Chris Mullin? IDK about Tom Chambers... too old then
    Last edited by gasolina; 07-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Let's be real here - we all know what we're talking about and the best comparison would be 1991-92

Jordan
    Drexler
    Ewing (I was actually surprised by this)

Right about the same age. Almost same records on their teams from the past year.

Of course, the talent level was so different. A lot of Lebronytes like to compare him to Jordan so let's leave it like that. Drexler might be a good comparison for Wade too. Dominant, yet slightly older. A lot of people forget that the Heat won close to 50 games with just Wade, JO's corpse, and Beasley's smoking ass.

Ewing... I don't know, was the East really that good that in 1990 that he couldn't get them to a better record? I dunno I was 10. Are we severely underrating Bosh that he can't take it to the next level like Ewing did. Are we forgetting that Bosh's best Raptor team had the likes of Calderon, Anthony Parker, and Jorge Garbajosa?
    Lol wrong account reigny

7-time NBA All-Star

Why you mad? 2001 Was the year AI took his team to the finals weren't it.
    "Why you mad?" Showing your age, just like when you called Iverson the best player in '01. I'm not mad, I actually thought that post was funny.

Yeah, Iverson took his team to the finals in a weak East. Shaq won the finals, and went 15-1 in the playoffs. Averaged 33/16/5/3, 57 FG% vs DPOY Dikembe Mutombo and a top 5 defensive team.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Did all of those guys have to spent 7 seasons for a team that wasn't trying to acquire good players around their stars? The Cavaliers made it extremely hard for LeBron to stay there. All the players you posted nearly always were on contenders for most of their careers.
    and the cavaliers weren't?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    "Why you mad?" Showing your age, just like when you called Iverson the best player in '01. I'm not mad, I actually thought that post was funny.

Yeah, Iverson took his team to the finals in a weak East. Shaq won the finals, and went 15-1 in the playoffs. Averaged 33/16/5/3, 57 FG% vs DPOY Dikembe Mutombo and a top 5 defensive team.
    And if you check my first post, I already put Shaq on top. If you read the post where I put Iverson as #1, it says I just wanted to see how Iverson would look like in a good team. Is this so hard to comprehend for you?
    Especially when I mentioned that players don't really matter in my first post as well.

Are you so butt-hurt when Shaq's not mentioned? Come on man.

Seems like anytime we do a pairing of such a team, we get an easy and obvious ring.. oh well

dont know why people so impress by this bron guy then