Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tipping at restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    What the **** are you talking about? So all of a sudden serving people at a restaurant is a prestigious job?

The baggers job is to Bag, the cashiers job is to man the cash register, the waiter's job is to serve.

Roles are clearly defined. Do your job or get the **** out.

Why dont u go tip your doctor next time for his excellent service. Or the nurse who provided you excellent service.
    I'll tip your girl for her mediocre service, because that's all that fits inside her

College star

Homie you bring up doctors, so why don't you bitch about how they gouge the shit out of you with costs? You rather whine about 10 15 bucks for the homie serving you your dinner? Everywhere you go you gotta pay one way or another. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

Haha, I made this exact same thread a few years ago, nighas were goin apeshit about why you should be tipping and if you don't you deserve to die and shit, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Haha, I made this exact same thread a few years ago, nighas were goin apeshit about why you should be tipping and if you don't you deserve to die and shit, lol.
    For the record I don't think you should die. But it would be nice if you got ran over by an 18 wheeler and survived

College star

I've honestly had some positive expierences tipping. Gave the bartender a 20 dollar tip my first drink, they appreciated it so much I got free drinks all night after that. I still tipped each drink too.

Tipping at restaurants is still the dumbest thing in the world. If anybody, I'd rather tip the damn cook.

The world is a bunch of copycats. That's the only reason why we tip, the only reason. Most of y'all aren't doin it because you are nice people, it's because you don't wanna be called an asshole.

I'm pretty sure the first person to tip was some wealthy guy at a huge party and some poor lil person was just running around giving everyone food. Rich guy felt bad and gave them a bunch of money for their troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    I've honestly had some positive expierences tipping. Gave the bartender a 20 dollar tip my first drink, they appreciated it so much I got free drinks all night after that. I still tipped each drink too.
    For sure, everyone loves a guy who gives away money.

Always get a good laugh hearing miserable penny pinchers rationalize their ways. If you don't approve of the restaurant industry then go home and make yourself a tuna sandwich. Don't go out to eat and then scrooge the waiters out of a few dollars just because "you don't believe in it." At least give the waiters a heads up in advance so they can spit in your shit.

Tipping at restaurants is still the dumbest thing in the world. If anybody, I'd rather tip the damn cook.

The world is a bunch of copycats. That's the only reason why we tip, the only reason. Most of y'all aren't doin it because you are nice people, it's because you don't wanna be called an asshole.

I'm pretty sure the first person to tip was some wealthy guy at a huge party and some poor lil person was just running around giving everyone food. Rich guy felt bad and gave them a bunch of money for their troubles.
    Not even.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Not even.
    Lol, so you're tellin' me you tip from the goodness of your soul, and not because everyone else does it and it's an unwritten rule to tip or you'd considered an asshole or in your own words a "penny pincher"?

You can be real here, no one here is gonna spot in you food. Pretty sure that's why everyone else here tips.

Lol, so you're tellin' me you tip from the goodness of your soul, and not because everyone else does it and it's an unwritten rule to tip or you'd considered an asshole or in your own words a "penny pincher"?

You can be real here, no one here is gonna spot in you food. Pretty sure that's why everyone else here tips.
    Nah homie I tip because I know that running a restaurant is hard work and being a waiter isn't the easist job in the world. I enjoy being able to go out and grab a healthy and filling meal.

Listen if you don't like the fact that tipping is common practice or if you think it's hypocritical to be sympathetic towards those in the industry then thats on you. Just don't go out to eat and instead go grab yourself some fastfood. It's really that simple. Noone is forcing you.

btw tips are often split between staff so the cook might be getting some of your tip too

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Nah homie I tip because I know that running a restaurant is hard work and being a waiter isn't the easist job in the world. I enjoy being able to go out and grab a healthy and filling meal.

Listen if you don't like the fact that tipping is common practice or if you think it's hypocritical to be sympathetic towards those in the industry then thats on you. Just don't go out to eat and instead go grab yourself some fastfood. It's really that simple. Noone is forcing you.
    Every work is hard work, not just restaurant waiting. I'm not talking bad or down at waiters, I tip. But really, why do we tip only waiters?

I've never seen anyone tip the garbageman and say "hey, thanks for keeping the neighborhood clean", or the plumber who comes buy and unclogs your pipes, or the janitor at your 9-5 office job, ect. And with this someone will bring up the wages. Garbageman, plumbers, janitors, ect make more than waiters. Not being hard, but is that our problem?

Go down to the shelters on weekends if you wanna help someone who's in real needs. They need the help more than waiters, I bet.

Every work is hard work, not just restaurant waiting. I'm not talking bad or down at waiters, I tip. But really, why do we tip only waiters?

I've never seen anyone tip the garbageman and say "hey, thanks for keeping the neighborhood clean", or the plumber who comes buy and unclogs your pipes, or the janitor at your 9-5 office job, ect. And with this someone will bring up the wages. Garbageman, plumbers, janitors, ect make more than waiters. Not being hard, but is that our problem?

Go down to the shelters on weekends if you wanna help someone who's in real needs. They need the help more than waiters, I bet.
    The difference between all of the jobs you listed and a waiter is the fact that they all get paid a large salary for what they are doing. The fact of the matter is that waiters don't get paid fully in salary, part of their income DEPENDS on the tip. If they are not recieving tip then they are not getting paid for their work.

The reason the industry works like that is because there is not a ton of profit to be made cooking up meals so the restaurant depends on its customers to step up and pay the waiters for their service in addition to what they are paying for the food itself. Like I said, if you don't like the way it works then you take it up with all restaurant owners who are trying keep their business afloat. When you don't tip you are scrooging the wrong people.