Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
As much as you say want to say the 36 million dollar players single handily won a few games for the Knicks they didnt make the team better. Thats a reality check!

If the Knicks are going to do anything in the playoffs though these guys has to play at a high level!

Winning 5 games doesn't mean the team is better. We've been playing better. Yes but it's a win streak. Teams go on them all the time. Last time I checked, your small forward wasn't supposed to be the one making the team better anyway. That's ALWAYS been the role of the PG. The extension of the coach and quarterback of the court. We asked Melo to play point forward and then got mad because he has the ball in his hands. He's only doing what he was asked to do....something he's never done before!

If you want to root for a team with decent talent that peaks in the regular season and comes back down to earth every year in the playoffs, go be a Denver fan. Go be a Pacers fan. Go be a Jazz fan.

I, however, would like to see my Knicks win a ring before I die. Not just play sound fundamental basketball just to come up short. I want A RING! Sure we need to lpay the game the right way but we also need stars, coaching and depth to win. If you wanna drink the Koolaid and think our lineup without Melo and Amare will get us there...go right ahead.You wanna think, because we won 5 almost meaningless regular season games (3 of which were against sub .500 teams), Jeremy Lin solves all our problems and he should be our franchise player...go right ahead. Show me the last team, other than Detroit, that won without a big time scorer on their team. It's ok....I'll wait.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,757
bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Winning 5 games doesn't mean the team is better. We've been playing better. Yes but it's a win streak. Teams go on them all the time. Last time I checked, your small forward wasn't supposed to be the one making the team better anyway. That's ALWAYS been the role of the PG. The extension of the coach and quarterback of the court. We asked Melo to play point forward and then got mad because he has the ball in his hands. He's only doing what he was asked to do....something he's never done before!

If you want to root for a team with decent talent that peaks in the regular season and comes back down to earth every year in the playoffs, go be a Denver fan. Go be a Pacers fan. Go be a Jazz fan.

I, however, would like to see my Knicks win a ring before I die. Not just play sound fundamental basketball just to come up short. I want A RING! Sure we need to lpay the game the right way but we also need stars, coaching and depth to win. If you wanna drink the Koolaid and think our lineup without Melo and Amare will get us there...go right ahead.You wanna think, because we won 5 almost meaningless regular season games (3 of which were against sub .500 teams), Jeremy Lin solves all our problems and he should be our franchise player...go right ahead. Show me the last team, other than Detroit, that won without a big time scorer on their team. It's ok....I'll wait.
i agree, knicks going no where without melo/amare
jLin has been on a hot streak, but will need these 2 studs in the lineup to fully unleash jLin in beast mode
and watch stat and melo go off with him
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,809
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Reality Check

I guess the 2 times I posted that the Knicks need Melo and Stat to be successful in the playoffs meant nothing. I also quoted myself because I said it in another thread

At the rate with Melo and Stat the Knicks werent getting there by these 2 guys leading the way. 8-15


Still doesnt change the fact that this team has been playing better ball with Lin leading the team. You discount a 5 game winning streak with improve play like thats something that has happened this season. Dont get delusional that its by accident! This is the best team ball they've played since last year pre Melo. How many crappy teams has the Knicks lost to this season with one or both of the 36 million dollar players. I dont care who they beat and the records because it hasnt been the norm!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #19
Clutch
Stop flopping
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,321
Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Did anyone else hear about Dolan was going to fire D'Antoni if he lost the 3 games leading up to the Superbowl and if he didnt play Lin?

True Story
Apparently Dolan knows more about basketball than D'Antoni
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #20
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,757
bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reality Check

dantoni: dolan ill prove u wrong...
game 1, close loss, lose by poor melo shot
game 2, another close one, celtics one up the knicks
game 3, the one where we hoped dantoni would get fired after losing to the nets, however dantoni blindly unleashed the beast, and has been riding it ever since
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #21
Jasi
Quality?
 
Jasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Where the Rooster first crowed
Posts: 7,070
Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reality Check

Let's get things straight:

1) A line up of Lin/Fields/Walker/Jeffries/Chandler isn't going to win a ring
2) A line up with Melo, Amare, and no high IQ PG isn't going to win a ring either. Actually ANY team coached by D'Antoni is going to win a ring without a high-IQ PG and even then, the defensive mindset should change.

Bottom line, fire D'Antoni.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #22
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,988
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reality Check

Rumor has it that Lin was about to be cut right before the first game of this streak, and Carmelo told D'Antoni to give Lin a chance.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I guess the 2 times I posted that the Knicks need Melo and Stat to be successful in the playoffs meant nothing. I also quoted myself because I said it in another thread

At the rate with Melo and Stat the Knicks werent getting there by these 2 guys leading the way. 8-15


Still doesnt change the fact that this team has been playing better ball with Lin leading the team. You discount a 5 game winning streak with improve play like thats something that has happened this season. Dont get delusional that its by accident! This is the best team ball they've played since last year pre Melo. How many crappy teams has the Knicks lost to this season with one or both of the 36 million dollar players. I dont care who they beat and the records because it hasnt been the norm!

Yea but we didn't have Lin playing with them. Nor was Novak getting much burn. I didn't dismiss our 5 wins, but don't act liek we lost because of Melo and Amare. Like Toney Douglas being our starting point guard had nothing to do with it. Nobody wants to point out that he's not playing right?

My whole point was to ridicule people who conveniently want to blame the guy who's leading our team in points and assists (Carmelo Anthony) and the guy who changed the culture and attitude of the Knicks as lovable losers (Amare Stoudemire). I've seen this movie way too many times. We get players with big time talent and our POS fans run them out of town. Then we stink it up year after year and overglorify fan favorites. Yes Charlie Ward, Yes Danilo Gallinari, Yes Charles Oakley....I'm talking about you!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,988
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Yea but we didn't have Lin playing with them. Nor was Novak getting much burn. I didn't dismiss our 5 wins, but don't act liek we lost because of Melo and Amare. Like Toney Douglas being our starting point guard had nothing to do with it. Nobody wants to point out that he's not playing right?

My whole point was to ridicule people who conveniently want to blame the guy who's leading our team in points and assists (Carmelo Anthony) and the guy who changed the culture and attitude of the Knicks as lovable losers (Amare Stoudemire). I've seen this movie way too many times. We get players with big time talent and our POS fans run them out of town. Then we stink it up year after year and overglorify fan favorites. Yes Charlie Ward, Yes Danilo Gallinari, Yes Charles Oakley....I'm talking about you!


Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy