Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #31
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who do you blame for Cho Seung Hui?

The guy had issues, we know that. But who to blame? Many things are to blame for this. I believe people sanity stems from their home life. Your family is the roots of your mental foundation and i believe that their must have been some isues at home, wether it was his parents neglected him or put too much pressure on him, their was something not right about his home life.

He did have some kind of mental disorder that was brewing for years. I believe he could have been helped more than he was if he was labeled a danger to himself and others only a few years ago. My guess is that he was a quiet, isolated person his whole life. Came to the U.S, which is a new world to him, isolating him from everyone else even more.

People say that he had the chance to associate with people but never took the opportunity. His problem was that he had been isolating himself for so long, that he probably didnt even know how or even want to attempt a normal social life after all the years of being the way he was. After going through isolation your whole life, i would expect it to be difficult to just flip the swith and become social. By college, he was far beyond becoming a normal social person. They said he was picked on and put down during college.

People like him are very different than the normal people in the world. He had an inability to be social with people or even have a normal connection with human beings. He just kept everything bottled up and what happens when it become too full, it explodes. He has major issues, and it was beyond his own power to control it after a certain point.

Im not in any way shape or form trying to defend his actions. I just believe it was a big group of things causing him to be this way. People think its his fault and his fault only and he coudlve done this and that to stop it but when it comes down to it, he had major mental problems, and when people dont get help when they are that screwed in the head, they go insane and do crazy things. It was in part his fault definitly, but people dont just become the way they are without outside, socialogical factors involved. What we need to do is do a better job in interpreting when children and students have major mental issues whcih begins with the family and parents. It seems that he has had issues for some years and maybe if he was treated for his problems, this would have never happened. You never know it anything can be prevented but their couldve been more done in his life to prevent this from happening.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #32
Top_Of_Tha_World
High School Varsity 12th Man

Top_Of_Tha_World has an OK reputation so far

The police for taking 2 hours to realize duudes on a rampage.
Top_Of_Tha_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:39 PM   #33
ronron15
High School Starter

ronron15 is considered somewhat coolronron15 is considered somewhat cool

one word:

SOCIETY
ronron15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #34
SunsN07BookIt
Decent playground baller

SunsN07BookIt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Of_Tha_World
The police for taking 2 hours to realize duudes on a rampage.

Oh snap! That can't be true!
SunsN07BookIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:13 PM   #35
0ne50
Local High School Star

0ne50 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Nothing will come from this unfortunately. Both sides will battle over gun control, claiming that they're right and it will turn into a political circus.

I have no answers either, but this kid needed help. I think we need to shift our focus to helping and healing traumatized kids before even addressing gun laws. Of course, I don't know how to go about doing this but that's my 2 cents.
It's all a grown up's game. The media is the referee who tosses the issue in the air like "jump ball" then let the games begin. In the end one side is going to make more points than the other. One side will be declared the winner in a game where there's nothing to be won.
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Bush.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 PM   #37
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

how about we blame the dumb motherphucker who shot up a ****ing college? how about that? how about we blame his frontal lobes for not being properly developed? how about we blame his dumb loser ass for being a pathetic piece of ****? even better how about we blame him for writing those worthless ass plays and making that dumb as **** incoherent video? how about we blame him for being a senior year english major and not be able to put a coherent sentence together?

that occur to anybody?

no. let's just blame everyone BUT him because that's the American way. we blame EVERYBODY else. our legal system is designed around it. hell our whole way of life is designed around avoiding responsibility.

kid was a ****ed up piece of ****. done. I am satisfied. this is not a signal for a need for broad-sweeping reform. this is not an example in a shift in American society or a decline in morals. no. this is a ****ed up kid who shot up a school. Im tired of people trying to turn it into more.

Last edited by geeWiz15 : 04-19-2007 at 09:31 PM.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #38
nyc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nyc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
how about we blame the dumb motherphucker who shot up a ****ing college? how about that? how about we blame his frontal lobes for not being properly developed? how about we blame his dumb loser ass for being a pathetic piece of ****? even better how about we blame him for writing those worthless ass plays and making that dumb as **** incoherent video? how about we blame him for being a senior year english major and not be able to put a coherent sentence together?

that occur to anybody?

no. let's just blame everyone BUT him because that's the American way. we blame EVERYBODY else. our legal system is designed around it. hell our whole way of life is designed around avoiding responsibility.

kid was a ****ed up piece of ****. done. I am satisfied. this is not a signal for a need for broad-sweeping reform. this is not an example in a shift in American society or a decline in morals. no. this is a ****ed up kid who shot up a school. Im tired of people trying to turn it into more.

If this guy had a gun in his hand right now would anybody sit next to him? for $100?
nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #39
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

What Gee said- Cho Seung Hui is mostly to blame for Cho Seung Hui. I'm sick of all these stupid emo whiny depressed, what have you people complaining that no one likes them. No one's fking indebted to like you. Also there needs to be much stronger background checks for buying weapons. I want these people to be spotless, if you had to go the principal for not bringing a pencil to class in 4th grade, you shouldn't be allowed to buy guns. And like Hotlanta said, probably doesn't help that this stuff is splashed all across the news, someone's gonna try to outdo this clown.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 PM   #40
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

I blame society. I think society has failed him. He gave us every chance to stop this, but society failed him.

2 seperate incidents of harassment/stalking of female students.

Erradic and aggressive behavior that upset students and teachers.

Intensely violent writings that his teacher reported to authorities.

He saw a counselor and was even admitted for a short time to a mental health facility. He was called a serious threat to himself in 2005.

This man had serious mental problems and needed serious mental care because he was obviously a disturbed individual. Yet, even though all the warning signs were there, and a pattern of behavior was established, nothing was done. "Our hands were tied" they said because he made no direct threats to anybody specifically. Is that what it takes to take action? Direct threats? This guy was basically crying out for help, and nobody took any action. He should have been comitted for a long time in a mental health facility, not just two days. He should have been stopped. He was even called a serious threat to himself but he was allowed to go back to normal life in college, with nothing being done.

He's right when he said the blood is on our hands, maybe for another reason...for neglecting to get this obviously troubled and mentally unstable person the care he needed to get. He was a time bomb and people just looked at the timer saying "our hands were tied" and watch it tick down. Maybe society could have saved 32 lives.

Last edited by Showtime : 04-19-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: