Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent playground baller FrenchDude's Avatar

Default Re: Noah, Durant and Oden

"Kevin Durant will be announcing in a press conference mid next week that he will be putting his name in the draft."

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    you should be banned for this post

Oden = tall
    Shaq = freak of nature

Shaq used to be kind of skinny, then he got big and strong. He looked a lot like Oden. So Oden could get real big and even stronger.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

I think no matter what, Oden will the first player taken. And I give you some reasoning behind my opinion.

1. In past draft centers/pf have been taken first, e.g. tim duncan, hakeem olajuwom, yao ming, d howard, etc

2. The Nba is in big need of true centers. So whoever picks Oden they will have one of the top centers for at least 10 years.

3. They are plenty of wing players in the nba - TMac, Paul Pierce, Kobe, Lebron James, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, so Durant will be just one more to the collection, how many true centers are there in the Nba? Yao for sure, Shaq is in decline, and Howard and maybe Okafor.

4. Oden doesn't need to score to help his team win. Durant needs to.

5. Thank you
    Last edited by beau_boy04; 04-07-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    I think no matter what, Oden will the first player taken. And I give you some reasoning behind my opinion.

1. In past draft centers/pf have been taken first, e.g. tim duncan, hakeem olajuwom, yao ming, d howard, etc

2. The Nba is in big need of true centers. So whoever picks Oden they will have one of the top centers for at least 10 years.

3. They are plenty of wing players in the nba - TMac, Paul Pierce, Kobe, Lebron James, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, so Durant will be just one more to the collection, how many true centers are there in the Nba? Yao for sure, Shaq is in decline, and Howard and maybe Okafor.

4. Oden doesn't need to score to help his team win. Durant needs to.

5. Thank you
    I agree, big men are always ranked higher then swing men, regardless of how much more talent the swing man has. Greg Oden is going to be a beast, Kevin Durant will be a bust.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by shafir
    I agree, big men are always ranked higher then swing men, regardless of how much more talent the swing man has. Greg Oden is going to be a beast, Kevin Durant will be a bust.

A bust??? Have you watched him play this season?

I see something shaping up like this..

Oden : 21ppg 12rpg 3bpg
    Durant : 25ppg 8rpg 2bpg
    Noah : 11ppg 7rpg 2bpg

Quote Originally Posted by Neb154
    A bust??? Have you watched him play this season?

I see something shaping up like this..

Oden : 21ppg 12rpg 3bpg
    Durant : 25ppg 8rpg 2bpg
    Noah : 11ppg 7rpg 2bpg

you're saying Durant will be better than Kevin Garnett?
    j/k

Depending on which team picks Durant and if he's the only good player in his team I see him averaging 30/10/2 in couple of season.

If Oden can polish his game and develop a more aggressive demeanor I could see him doing some 30/20/4 seasons.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchDude
    "Kevin Durant will be announcing in a press conference mid next week that he will be putting his name in the draft."
    big surprise

you knew it was coming... players like him dont stay long in college... he's got no competition in college.

Quote Originally Posted by beau_boy04
    you're saying Durant will be better than Kevin Garnett?
    j/k

Depending on which team picks Durant and if he's the only good player in his team I see him averaging 30/10/2 in couple of season.

If Oden can polish his game and develop a more aggressive demeanor I could see him doing some 30/20/4 seasons.

Thanks.
    OMG, are you serious?

this is officially the stupidest post ever.

Think about what you've just said.

Durant is a 6'10 220lbs. wing player. He's been compared to at best as a Tracy McGrady player with more size. Tracy never averaged 30/10 and neither will Durant. Do not be surprised if Durant ends up being more along the lines of Rashard Lewis. 30/10 wont happen for him. ever.

Now your predictions for Greg Oden are even worse. 30/20? Do you even remember the last player to put up 20 rebounds a game? and 30 points for a center? This is a guards game now, the 30 points wont happen and neither will the 20 rebounds.

Stop being so extreme about your predictions, just because it's a strong draft doesn't mean there wont be busts. Most players wont live up to the players they were compared to.

You clearly haven't seen enough of either play. Your predictions are way off.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent ZER0
    Shaq used to be kind of skinny, then he got big and strong. He looked a lot like Oden. So Oden could get real big and even stronger.

Oden my get similar strength and size but he will never be as quick or have the foot speed of a young Shaq. Like the other poster said, Shaq is a freak of nature. Now sit down and calm yourself about Oden.

National High School Star

I think noah can be effective on a run and gun team like phoenix. he can provide defense and run and finish above the rim. On a half court offense, he will be limited to a rebounder and score on tip-ins

On Oden, as long as Greg Oden doesn't become Greg Ostertag, he will be fine hehe I think he'll have a rookie season similar to Howard. Good rebounding and shot blocking, decent points.

Durant has some ? on his built. Either he'll be skinny strong ala KG or skinny weak ata shaun livingston. No doubt this kid has a lot of talent and will cause a lot of match-up problems

Saw a basketball once

Red face Re: Noah, Durant and Oden

Yeah you are overrating noah WAY too much. He was decent in college but he wont be able to defend and score on the PFs and Centers in the NBA..

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Noah to Phoenix!

Saw a basketball once

Noah will struggle badly against NBA opponents he'll be spending most of his time on the bence for his first few years

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

he needs to develop... he has ALOT of potential and i think he's actually quite NBA-ready... his defence plus energy will benefit the Suns... hard to find a defensive big guy who can run...