Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast
    AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: 2012 OTC WWWF/WWF/WWE Match Thread

Well, I shouldn't even argue because I won but I did disagree with two outcomes.

I thought I'd disagree with Boogie's choice of RVD over Yokozuna but I realized it was actually close. Yokozuna wins the WWE career category. In his two-year heel run, he had legendary matches and epic feuds in which most were booked invloving WWF title matches or the second main event(feud vs Taker). For RVD, other that Cena match he had at ECW revival I don't think he had any matches or feuds that were anywhere near Yoko's level. For Superstar Skills, it's a tough one because by default Yokozuna was able to get huge crowd reaction with speaking by just playing an anti-American gimmick. RVD spoke but he had no mic skills whatsoever, yet he was still able to get huge crowd reaction. You can lean either way. For in-ring skills, RVD wins but Yoko was no slouch. He was one of the best in-ring big men in the WWE history.

And the other disagreement was to Anti Hero's Ryback & Barrett over World's Greatest Tag Team. Ryback's a good guy and Barett's a heel, chemistry wouldn't work. They worked together as Nexus but Ryback wasn't pushed like he is now. Plus, both Ryback and Barrett have the "star" quality that will keep them in singles competition much longer than tag team. Ryback & Barrett would probably win vs World's Greatest Tag Team in a match but then we'd most likely see them dropping the belt back as they'd go into singles competition a couple of months later.

Other than that, I agreed with the rest of the picks.
    Last edited by AK47DR91; 08-19-2012 at 03:53 AM.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    2.Jake was just better.Sgt Slaughter's heat came cheap.Turn your back on america and raise a different countrys flag.We've seen this so many times over the years its just cheap heat.Jake on the other hand he made the crowd hate him then and then love him all without a cheap gimmick.Also a better in ring performer and on the mic was one of the best.
    Very solid argument. I couldn't even defend Slaughter if he was on my team. Also, his WWF championship win was more of a transitional reign than a legitimate actual reign. Basically, to have the title go from Ultimate Warrior back to Hogan.

P.S. I've read some of posts in the last 3 pages. Good stuff guys.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
    Bobby Lashley v Bad News Brown (Brown had a lot of fued with the top superstars, and left the company because of Vince's empty promises, while Lashley had his shot, but could never really get over the crowd. Brown was also the first heel to attack other heels, ala Steve Austin)

dont care if i lose but u got this right
    Lashley gets remembered for being that dude with the big muscles who shaved vinces head. It took Trump Vince Shane and special guest ref SCSA to get him over. All Lashley could do was throw people...and some of that shit looked cool like when he did it to show. He needed someone to talk for him and he would bore the shit out of the crowd if his matches went past 5 minutes. He should lose to everyone in this draft same reasons given for khali. Brown was just a brawler there was only 3 or 4 things he could do any good in the ring but dude had that style working ringside crowd acting like he would backhand slap a bitch. Dude talked for himself...did o.k. Brown is better cuz u can book him without a huge backing from big stars and celebrity. Lashley is better if u like to look at muscles on mute.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Well, I shouldn't even argue because I won but I did disagree with two outcomes.

I thought I'd disagree with Boogie's choice of RVD over Yokozuna but I realized it was actually close. Yokozuna wins the WWE career category. In his two-year heel run, he had legendary matches and epic feuds in which most were booked invloving WWF title matches or the second main event(feud vs Taker). For RVD, other that Cena match he had at ECW revival I don't think he had any matches or feuds that were anywhere near Yoko's level. For Superstar Skills, it's a tough one because by default Yokozuna was able to get huge crowd reaction with speaking by just playing an anti-American gimmick. RVD spoke but he had no mic skills whatsoever, yet he was still able to get huge crowd reaction. You can lean either way. For in-ring skills, RVD wins but Yoko was no slouch. He was one of the best in-ring big men in the WWE history.
    I took a few minutes to decide this one. Either could have won, but I went with RVD with his innovated high flying, risk taking style. WWF tried to shit on him in his debut match against jeff hardy and letting him win the hardcore title (cause let's face it, at that time winning that title was a death sentence), but he blew everybody away that had no clue who he was, forcing Vince to put him in Main Events. He lacked mic skills and so did Yoko (Mr. Fuji or Jim Cornette), but RVD's in ring talent made the difference that we didn't need him to talk and he greatly surpassed Yoko's in ring talent, even tho I agree, Yoko is one of the best big man in WWF history.
    Last edited by BoogieWoogieMan; 08-19-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen

dont care if i lose but u got this right
    Lashley gets remembered for being that dude with the big muscles who shaved vinces head. It took Trump Vince Shane and special guest ref SCSA to get him over. All Lashley could do was throw people...and some of that shit looked cool like when he did it to show. He needed someone to talk for him and he would bore the shit out of the crowd if his matches went past 5 minutes. He should lose to everyone in this draft same reasons given for khali. Brown was just a brawler there was only 3 or 4 things he could do any good in the ring but dude had that style working ringside crowd acting like he would backhand slap a bitch. Dude talked for himself...did o.k. Brown is better cuz u can book him without a huge backing from big stars and celebrity. Lashley is better if u like to look at muscles on mute.
    And BNB also had street cred.

[QUOTE]As written in the autobiography of the Dynamite Kid, his well-known toughness was accentuated in a confrontation involving Andr

AK47DR91

I took a few minutes to decide this one. Either could have won, but I went with RVD with his innovated high flying, risk taking style. WWF tried to shit on him in his debut match against jeff hardy and letting him win the hardcore title (cause let's face it, at that time winning that title was a death sentence), but he blew everybody away that had no clue who he was, forcing Vince to put him in Main Events. He lacked mic skills and so did Yoko (Mr. Fuji or Jim Cornette), but RVD's in ring talent made the difference that we didn't need him to talk and he greatly surpassed Yoko's in ring talent, even tho I agree, Yoko is one of the best big man in WWF history.
    RVD had always had a big following, even in the original 1997 Invasion ECW vs WWF, he was always cheered by the fans. In the 2001 Invasion, as a heel, he was still getting a huge crowd reaction.

I think if he went to Smackdown once the Brand Extension started, he would have been a huge main event guy, along with Eddie G, Brock, JBL, Rey and others. But instead he was stuck on Raw and had to be an upper midcarder/lower main eventer because Triple H was hogging the spotlight during that time. And when he did go to Smackdown, he didn't stay there for long because they were already reviving ECW into a brand.

Anyway, good match up. Could have gone either way.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Those lesser titles matter less nowadays. Every two big ones can go to ones who didn't really deserve i.e. Swagger or Khali.
    I'd go ahead and say even the "world heavyweight champion" means lesser now too because they are two world titles. Hell, I don't even remember half of Edge's reign, or Cena's or Orton's or Triple H's. A lot of them were just transitional reigns anyway. Plus, the Money in the Bank thing has really cheapen title reigns too.

Shawn Michaels never won a world title between 2003-2010 but had numerous epic feuds and classic matches.

To be honest, being a Royal Rumble winner is probably more prestigious than the World Heavyweight championship, and maybe even the WWE championship(depending on epic the win was and how great the reign is).

That's why I thought it was be fair to use "Main Status" to counter those title reigns since a lot it don't mean as much as it used to.

but RVD's in ring talent made the difference that we didn't need him to talk and he greatly surpassed Yoko's in ring talent, even tho I agree, Yoko is one of the best big man in WWF history.
    RVD was a sloppy wrestler that injured his opponents. Yokozuna bored me to tears back then. He wasn't even Japanese. He was born in the US and was of Samoan descent.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Shawn Michaels never won a world title between 2003-2010 but had numerous epic feuds and classic matches.
    Michaels was a terrible draw as a champion.

AK47DR91

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    RVD was a sloppy wrestler that injured his opponents. Yokozuna bored me to tears back then. He wasn't even Japanese. He was born in the US and was of Samoan descent.
    They actually never said he was Japanese.

He was billed as "representing Japan" from "the Pacific islands" or "Polynesian island."

Michaels was a terrible draw as a champion.
    So was hart...

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    So was hart...

A lot of the ECW alumnis were sloppy, most of them went for the wow factor.

Yokozuna is related to The Rock, Rikishi, Umaga and nearly the whole Samoan wrestling family.

Are the votes final? Can we move on?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

i'll finalize everything tonight and then set up the next rounds match ups to allow you to send your wrestlers in.

Dusty Rhodes never won a title in the WWE. Ziggler is already a rising main eventer in the WWE. Dolph is also a better wrestler than 1989-1991 Dusty Rhodes.