Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #16
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Psy Before Gangnam Style

He went to school in America. Duh, he loves America

'Merrca
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #17
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

America just helped him get super rich. I'm sure he has learned to accept us.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:54 AM   #18
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The fact of the matter is, Americans need to get the fu*k over themselves already.

Our government doesnt always act savory in the face of our conduct overseas, and the dealings with other countries.

So what? Someone made a song years ago spitting anti-american rhetoric that we've all heard before from AMERICAN artists?

Oh no no....how dare ANYONE say these things about MERICA'

The truth is, we're going to make this a big deal because we're the USA. We strong-arm the entire world when we see fit, and fu*k what they think, because no one talks shit about us, but us, right?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #19
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LamarOdom
So you agree that it's okay to murder the daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers of the soldiers?

That part is probably just a Korean colloquialism that is translated too literally though. The literal translation and the actual meaning are different. Remember that video literally translating Darko's reaction to some referees? Same thing.

You might call your 12 year old niece "little miss" in English and it's perfectly acceptable, but translate that to Chinese literally and you've just called her a prostitute. Just because the literal definition is the same does not mean the cultural connotation and colloquial use is the same.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
The fact of the matter is, Americans need to get the fu*k over themselves already.

Our government doesnt always act savory in the face of our conduct overseas, and the dealings with other countries.

So what? Someone made a song years ago spitting anti-american rhetoric that we've all heard before from AMERICAN artists?

Oh no no....how dare ANYONE say these things about MERICA'

The truth is, we're going to make this a big deal because we're the USA. We strong-arm the entire world when we see fit, and fu*k what they think, because no one talks shit about us, but us, right?

So if Lil Wayne came out with a song where he advocated the murder of Korean women and children you would defend that too, right?

The double standard for America bashing is ridiculous. There are so many self-hating Americans these days it's quite sad really. People are so scared of being labeled a fat stupid American that they will go out of their way to hate their own country. You won't see this phenomenon anywhere else in the world.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this boardBlue&Orange is popular on this board

awkward!
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #22
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Did anyone read his apology?

Quote:
ďAs a proud South Korean who was educated in the United States and lived there for a very significant part of my life, I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world. The song I featured on in question from eight years ago Ė was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall antiwar sentiment shared by others around the world at that time. While Iím grateful for the freedom to express one's self, Iíve learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and Iím deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words.

I have been honored to perform in front of American soldiers in recent months Ė including an appearance on the Jay Leno show specifically for them- and I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology. While itís important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music, I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that thru music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology."

That's an apology! Other celebrities can take note here.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #23
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...nger?fb=optOut
Nuff said.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:45 AM   #24
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Did anyone read his apology?

That's an apology! Other celebrities can take note here.

/thread
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Hates America and then gets filthy rich by ripping off the greatest American film of all time

https://soundcloud.com/jhlodin/oppa-spacejam-style

bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: