Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: How to get quicker,jump higher and work with your off hand

Quote Originally Posted by elmersglue
    Yea, I just started to do weight training.. but i have this thing called osgood-schlater disease which is that my bones in my knees grow faster than the legiments so i cant bend them as far .. but it will go away once i stop growing which is good cus it means im still growing. So i can only work on my upper body.
    Yeah. It's quite a common disease in quickly developing bodies. I have never understood if I had it too, but a few friends of mine had it, and got no kind of serious problem. (My injury had nothing to do with that :) ) You shouldn't worry, but I see you aren't, and that's ok.
    But, however, that doesn't mean you cannot train your strenght. As I said, the exercises I exlplained in my first answer are thought to train srenght in young athletes, whose connetive tissue (ligamens and tendons) are weaker in comparison to the muscles. You can run uphill, and I think (but you should check it with your coach and/or doctor) that you can run or jump up the gym stairs, for example, if you take care to do exercises that do not bring the angle between leg and thigh to be smaller than 90

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: How to get quicker,jump higher and work with your off hand

Quote Originally Posted by otmtheshank
    Then I learned that he doesn't fluently speak English, meaning he probably knows what he's talking about.
    I'm glad you're saying this, and I catch the occasion to ask you a favour. I think that those non-existing words were mainly anatomical terms, that I did not always find on the online dictionaries I usually use while writing these messages. Moreover, when I find a translation, I have no idea if it's an archaic, unused word, or a common one..So if you find something strange or unrecognizable, please tell me, because I really could do with expanding my vocabulary..