Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-16-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Kobe has knee surgery, could miss part of training camp

"Kobe Bryant underwent arthroscopic surgery in his right knee Saturday and could sit out part of training camp in October because of a recovery time of up to 12 weeks. Bryant, 27, will be out at least eight weeks after undergoing a procedure to clean out scar tissue and loose cartilage in the same knee that has given him problems. The surgery began at 9 a.m. at an undisclosed Southern California hospital and lasted a little over an hour." Los Angeles Times
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apparently, its a bit worse than originally reported... wow!

At Kobe's age, he has the most games ever in the NBA... He's got a lot of mileage on him despite his young age.

So, what are people's thoughts on his ability to recover effectively?

-Mike in SoCal
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
jan803
High school junior varsity star

jan803 has an OK reputation so far

when i first heard about it, i was kind of bummed he's not playing on the usa team. it would have been nice to see him play w/everyone eles.

but selfishly, i'm glad he's not playing. it's apparent he needed to take the summer off. now he's forced to. he has a lot of mileage on himl; more than i realized w/the injuries he fought of during last season.

as long as he's available for the lakers in november, it's fine w/me.

mike,

come to the main board once in a while. you've had some goods. a good laker fan's posts are always a welcome thing.
jan803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont think his surgery is major and he should be able to make a full recovery, and i am glad he is finally going to rest for the summer...every year that passes from now on is going to be a lot tougher for Kobe...he needs to rest his body at some point throughout the year to limit his chance on injuring himself or just wearing himself out. Kobe is the most fit player in the league but he still needs his rest...but it does suck because coach k was going to revolve the team around kobe...too bad we cant see him play....
ihatetimthomas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hopefully he will still be in the best Shape out of anybody. maybe even better than last year which isnt that possible cuz he works so damn hard.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:02 AM   #6
LakerRoss
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LakerRoss has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up Kobe is showing Leadership/Responsibility

I like the fact that Kobe understands to take care of this nagging problem early on in the offseason and not doing a Shaq and doing it at a time when he will miss regular season games. Everyone best believe that Kobe will be back earlier than the projected time frame. The guys work ethic, heart and determination to win is unmatched in the league!

He will be better next year. Every car needs new tires and rims when they have alot mileage on them.
LakerRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: