Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,346
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Why? Because USC beat Penn St in what essentially was a home game? Not to mention their conference is filled with a bunch of nobodies.

You don't have to focus on one part of the season with Utah. You want to look at the end? Fine. They went into the south and gave 'Bama a lickin'. You want to look at the rest of the season? Fine. They went undefeated, and even have a win over a common opponent where USC had a loss.


ah yes i forgot the pac 10 is weak. what did they go 0 wins and 5 losses in the bowl games or something? silly me.


its not focusing on a part of the season, its using your eyes and your brain to notice that they were the better team.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,346
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
Cant just ignore certain games.

I mean seriously look at this schedule leading into the game. It was probably circled as the game of the year before the start of the season for Utah.

8/30 @ Michigan
9/6 UNLV
9/13 @ Utah State
9/20 @ Air Force
9/27 Weber State
10/2 Oregon State

not trying to excuse the loss up in oregon for USC because they obviously blew it and lost to an inferior team but using the logic that because utah beat oregon state they are better than USC is stupid.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,660
DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

You are trying to excuse the loss. If they were the better team they wouldn't of had a loss in the Pac-10. One team is undefeated, the other isn't. Case closed.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #19
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,346
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You are trying to excuse the loss. If they were the better team they wouldn't of had a loss in the Pac-10. One team is undefeated, the other isn't. Case closed.

truth of your agenda comes out
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,660
DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

There is no agenda. Doesn't matter what conference they were in. They had 1 loss, and Utah went undefeated. Case closed. Even more so because Utah went undefeated AND beat the only team USC lost too. You have no merit to your argument.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #21
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Why? Because USC beat Penn St in what essentially was a home game? Not to mention their conference is filled with a bunch of nobodies.

.
Yep USC was in a conference filled with nobodies that were undefeated in bowl games.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #22
Godfather
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 6,041
Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

#1 Florida
#2 Utah
#3 USC

USC essential won a home game against a severely overrated Big Ten team (are a dime a dozen these days ), but showed off its defensive and offensive prowess.

Though Alabama not having their best player was detrimental to their success (should be a much bigger story), Utah played well regardless and ran the tables (including a win against Oregon State) and should be rewarded for it.

Florida defeated Oklahoma in the National Championship game and the one team they lost against beat on the #7 ranked team in the Nation (The Big 12 sure looks overrated).
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density
 
DeuceWallaces's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 15,660
DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

They played well in their bowl games but didn't have any real convincing victories. Oregon beat the Big XII's 4th or 5th best team. I'm a Big Ten guy, but Penn St isn't all that great, and it was basically a home game for USC.

But that's besides the point, because you guys have nothing when you focus on the facts; USC lost to a bad team, Utah didn't, and even beat the bad team that USC lost to.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #24
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,346
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
They played well in their bowl games but didn't have any real convincing victories. Oregon beat the Big XII's 4th or 5th best team. I'm a Big Ten guy, but Penn St isn't all that great, and it was basically a home game for USC.

But that's besides the point, because you guys have nothing when you focus on the facts; USC lost to a bad team, Utah didn't, and even beat the bad team that USC lost to.


so hypothetically if we had USC vs Utah this weekend on a neutral field. Who do you think would win?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #25
steve
...
 
steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,796
steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
so hypothetically if we had USC vs Utah this weekend on a neutral field. Who do you think would win?
That really doesn't mean anything.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #26
YAWN
NBA All-star
 
YAWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,346
YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
That really doesn't mean anything.

it means that usc is the better team?
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #27
steve
...
 
steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,796
steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
it means that usc is the better team?
No, it's speculative argument that holds no weight in reality because there can never be an answer, therefore it can sway whichever way you decide it to, ultimately going around in circles and never proving a single thing. If I said "Utah would beat USC if they played tomorrow" there is no concrete evidence that you could bring to the table that would dispel that statement (and vice versa of course).

Last edited by steve : 01-09-2009 at 09:55 PM.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:14 PM   #28
TakitoEspanoza
National High School Star
 
TakitoEspanoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,934
TakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat coolTakitoEspanoza is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who should be ranked #2 in college football?

Texas

Last second loss on the road to a top 3 or 4 team at the time.... and they had a killer schedule.

Last edited by TakitoEspanoza : 01-09-2009 at 11:17 PM.
TakitoEspanoza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy