Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 01-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Wall Street Journal: Clippers Have NBA's Most Loyal Fans

Quote:
A study designed for The Wall Street Journal by sports-reference.com looked at NBA teams' attendance for the past 10 seasons. It then weighed certain factors like city population, arena capacity, prior winning percentage and whether there are other, competing teams in the same market.

By those measures, Clippers fans are the most devoted, while Golden State Warriors fans are in second place.

Presumably those teams get extra credit for continuing to post relatively strong attendance figures while sporting a combined winning percentage of .399 since the 2000-01 season.

The Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers and Dallas Mavericks, who lead the league in fans per game, round out the study's top five, while the Lakers come in sixth. In last place are the Philadelphia 76ers, just ahead of the Minnesota Timberwolves and New Jersey Nets.

RealGM Wiretap
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
clipps
Good college starter

Default Re: Wall Street Journal: Clippers Have NBA's Most Loyal Fans

I knew it. I always knew that we were the most dedicated fans in professional sports. We should be very proud of ourselves. No matter how bad and ugly life has been as Clipper fans, we are there for our team no matter what. The team changed a lot in this past decade, yet we didn't let the players that left the team keep us from supporting the number 1 team that we love. I was completely embarrassed an humiliated after last night's blow out loss to the nets, but I still continue to walk outside with my Clipper nation t-shirt. I've been a fan for almost 10 years. I remember when I first joined the show, I was a really naive teenager thinking next year will be the year the clippers will turn everything around and become heavy contenders, got flamed each year. I kinda grew up a bit, I'm 22 now and I'm a lot more realistic about the Clippers, although there's still a small part of me that still has some hope for next year. Might not be contenders, but the Clips have a lot of potential. The Clips need to quit laying eggs every year.

Doesn't matter what happens to the Clippers. Whether they move, change their names, make stupid moves, I will support them 100% till the day I die.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Wall Street Journal: Clippers Have NBA's Most Loyal Fans

Next year is the year that they turn it around though. Isn't it?
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: