Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far
Default good trade, bad trade?

mo williams
bonzi wells
dwayne wade
dwight howard
ron artest
danny granger
amare stoudemire
brad miller
eddie griffin
brevin knight
rafer alston
shaun livingston
andrew bogut
alonzo mourning

i traded amare and brevin knight for rasheed wallace and smush parker...good bad, indifferent? i figured with amare coming off the bench i should get a starter and sheed will help with threes also...smush is ok in 3s and steals, dont know about assists... and brevin will be sharing more minutes than smush
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:02 AM   #2
Admiral
Good High School Starter

*bumps own thread* :) i guess it really depends on when you post
Old 10-31-2006, 05:23 AM   #3
sonics0034
Serious playground baller

sonics0034 has decent reputationsonics0034 has decent reputation

I think it is a bad trade, becoz brevin knight is greater than smush...

I think Amare and sheed is a slightly better option than sheed despite the fact that he is going to miss some games during the season...
sonics0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Tess Squad has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonics0034
I think it is a bad trade, becoz brevin knight is greater than smush...

I think Amare and sheed is a slightly better option than sheed despite the fact that he is going to miss some games during the season...

Please! Careful how you word your comparison. Lets just say Brevin is better than Smush. Leave the greatness to those who are great. Now, I have a feeling Smush may put up better numbers than Knight simply by the benefit of playing 34 mpg vs. Knight who will have to fight for more than 25 mpg with Felton in front of him. In the end, this year, the two may be very comprable with Knights expected decrease in PT so it coudl be a wash there.

Now, I don't know. The trade in and of itself (not relative to your team) could go either way. Its a risk for both players. Overall, the upside is much higher for the Amare recipient because if he comes back completely healthy and plays a full season working his way back to the starting spot and back to 35 mpg then, yeah, Amare+Knight will be better than Sheed+Smush.

However, a more conservative analysis tells me that wallace's numbers will be even better this year with Big Ben gone and smush will do the same or better than last year giving you 10+ ppg, and about 2 stls and 3s as well. On the other hand Brevin is over-valued by a lot of people who don't realize those 05/06 numbers will be cut by 1/3 perhaps since he is going to be playing behind a up and coming young PG in Felton. Moreover, Amare is a huge injury risk this year. Huge. He isn't close to 100% right now and he isn't starting either.

upside = amare/knight HUGE
conservative/more likely result = wallace/smush

its an interesting well ballanced trade and helps your team which needs more 3s
Tess Squad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Admiral
Good High School Starter

cool, thanks guys...as a basketball fan i am hoping amare makes a full and triumphant return, but fantasy wise i didnt wanna take the risk, plus like you said sobe, brevins numbers wont be what they were last year and smush will get the minutes...i just hope i dont get burned by a felton injury and an amare comeback...anyway, thanks a bunch!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
cool, thanks guys...as a basketball fan i am hoping amare makes a full and triumphant return, but fantasy wise i didnt wanna take the risk, plus like you said sobe, brevins numbers wont be what they were last year and smush will get the minutes...i just hope i dont get burned by a felton injury and an amare comeback...anyway, thanks a bunch!

sobe? you just mistake me for thejoyofsobe? that is one of the better compliments i've had to date.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
Admiral
Good High School Starter

haha wow yeah i guess i did...my bad...i didnt really look at either and figured with the length and depth of the response it had to have been him, and i guess the logo looked like it since i didnt actually look at it directly...haha sorry, but thank YOU then sir ;)
Old 10-31-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

:stupid:
Old 11-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #9
margor
Can barely lace up my sneakers

margor has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't have done the trade looking at your squad you've just left yourself an injured Bogut, an aging Miller, and a just plain old Zoe at your C spot. You had a regular starter in Amare and now all you have as a regular starting C is Miller. I just think you made a poor decision.
margor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #10
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by margor
I wouldn't have done the trade looking at your squad you've just left yourself an injured Bogut, an aging Miller, and a just plain old Zoe at your C spot. You had a regular starter in Amare and now all you have as a regular starting C is Miller. I just think you made a poor decision.

I didn't notice that Sheed lost his C eligibility this year. It was great when he was PF/C eligible last year.

Still, I disagree with you. Miller will have another excellent year. He's actually working on taking a lot more 3's this year. Anyway, Bogut is healty and starting the first game. So there are 2 starting C's on his squad. Zo is what he is...if and when he plays he REBS and BLKS which is good for a last pick on anyone's roster. Finally, I like the prospect of Griffin this year. The Wolves are planning on working him into the lineup a lot more this year. I suspect that he should take over the starting C role from Mark Blount once they figure out how horrible Blount can and will be. Starting or not, if Griffin can finally get more than 20 mpg this year his BLK/STL/REB production per minute is silly.

But, Knight has just been announced as a starter along side Felton. This hurts to see after making a trade like this. Who knows how long that will last, but if we can assume Knight will get the same minutes as last year, thus bringing his numbers back to or better than 05/06 levels, and add to that the fact that Amare looked very healthy last night the trade is now heavily favoring AMARE/KNIGHT.

Last edited by Tess Squad : 11-01-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #11
Admiral
Good High School Starter

yeah i just found out about knight starting...though they said amare will see limited minutes (15-20) for the beginning of the season and wont start for a while, so i guess thats an ok thing, but he's still an injury risk especially if he pushes himself TOO hard...i'm not worried about miller, aging or not, still a great passing big man, and as tess said will be shooting more threes this year. since his defense sucks, thats good news to my ears assists and threes from a center? sign me up any day...and i think this year griffin wont be the disappointment he has been in years past...the brevin thing hurts though if he is gonna be getting minutes i guess time will tell on this trade
Old 11-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #12
Tess Squad
I brick open layups

exactly....as I said from the start it's a very interesting trade that can easily go either way...but who woulda thought 'Sheed would post ZERO pts last night and only play 22 min???? What happened there? Even with an ejection in the 3rd, he should have still had more than 3 FGA in 22 min!

And like I said about Eddie Griffin - his production relative to minutes played is SILLY:

16 min - 8pts - 7 rebs - 3 blks - 1 to - 3/6 FG - (thats about 20 pts, 20 rebs, 3 tos and 9 blks for a full 48 minute game)

compared to blount:

28 min - 7pts - 6 rebs - 0 blks - 1 stl - 4 to - 3/11 FG (thats about 12 PTS, 10 rebs, 0 blkls, 1 stl, & 7 tos for a full 48 min game)

Blount is a scrub. I really hope Griffin can keep his head on straight because its fair to say that Blount is a lazy bumb and those Minutes/Game should be reversed as soon as Griffin proves his head is focused on the team and not on some other BS like past seasons.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:03 PM   #13
Admiral
Good High School Starter

yeah definitely, griffin's got the potential and looked good (i hate saying this) against my kings...hope they give him more minutes...all i can say about sheed is it was a fluke...there were lots of performances, even joyofsobe said he didnt do so hot these first couple games...i hope sheed calms the hell down and stops getting his Ts, cause with this no-tolerance policy he is doomed to play 14 games averaging 20mpg lol...*sigh* wish i could undo a trade oh well...still too early to tell much of anything yet
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: