Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: What percentage of posters lie about their age?

I guess when people say they are older, they feel it adds more legitimacy to their claims and their agendas.

I'm 17, and I have no reason to lie about it. I feel my opinion should still be respect since I know the game and have studied it since I was a little kid, but I do understand that I have no lived long enough to see 90% of the players that have ever played - my knowledge really only dates back to about 2003. Before that is sort of a blur, except for the few Heat games that I would go to with the core of EJ, Brian Grant and later Caron Butler.

I'm 20 and have never lied about my age, however I do see why some may lie about it.. although they are generally stupid reasons. As for the people posting "U Mad" well, I think they may just be doing it to get reactions and not because its "cool".

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

19 and immature as hell!

I'm about to be 20. I never posted u mad or much gifs probably one since I've been here. its just a forums, we need age to separate those of maturity and those of not. Also, why would spelling matter on a forum? Were discussing basketball not an english assignment.

25 here

I've never lied about my age

im 20

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    It's not that there is anything wrong with it, it's that it's not funny (to me). Ever.

It's not creative, it's using someone else's joke over and over and over again. It's immature, like a lot of things I thought were funny when I was younger. I'll expand at the end of this post.
    So because its not funny to you or whoever, that makes the use of them immature? I don't see how the "u mad" picture I posted in the thread I linked you to should be labeled immature. To me thats an example of an appropriate time to use one. You said "It's not that there is anything wrong with it" so I assume you agree? You also said it just isn't funny to you but I don't see that as relevant.

One example of an inappropriate time would be when person A conducts a thought out argument and then person B, instead of conducting one himself to counter, posts a "u mad" meme. Thats immature and that person is in the wrong.

I'd like to here your opinion on the use of the smilies, especially the newer ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    So because its not funny to you or whoever, that makes the use of them immature?
    It's immature because it's immature. It's following a trend that will go away. It's what I did when I was immature and what's immature people do now.

I don't see how the "u mad" picture I posted in the thread I linked you to should be labeled immature. To me thats an example of an appropriate time to use one. You said "It's not that there is anything wrong with it" so I assume you agree? You also said it just isn't funny to you but I don't see that as relevant.
    Don't think of immature as a bad thing. That's immature thinking. It's part of growing up and evolving as a person. I don't think it makes someone stupid, or a bad person to use those things, or even that it makes them a jerk. I just know I don't want to hang with anyone who thinks a "u Mad" picture is funny. It'd be like if someone said to me "I love Tyler Perry movies" Doesn't mean they are bad people, just that they aren't going be enjoyable for me to talk to.

One example of an inappropriate time would be when person A conducts a thought out argument and then person B, instead of conducting one himself to counter, posts a "u mad" meme. Thats immature and that person is in the wrong.
    That is immature yes, but it's also being a douche. That's where I draw the distinction. Being immature is not a bad thing, being a douche is.

I'd like to here your opinion on the use of the smilies, especially the newer ones.
    I don't think I've ever used a smiley in any context. I would always rather express myself with words. There are plenty of them that do a much better job than an emoticon.

To be honest, when people use them I don't really take what they have to say nearly as serious.

Good High School Starter

It's immature because it's immature. It's following a trend that will go away. It's what I did when I was immature and what's immature people do now.
    Disagreed. Yes its following a trend that will go away, but thats not necessarily a bad or immature thing. Not in this case anyway.

Don't think of immature as a bad thing. That's immature thinking. It's part of growing up and evolving as a person. I don't think it makes someone stupid, or a bad person to use those things, or even that it makes them a jerk. I just know I don't want to hang with anyone who thinks a "u Mad" picture is funny. It'd be like if someone said to me "I love Tyler Perry movies" Doesn't mean they are bad people, just that they aren't going be enjoyable for me to talk to.
    I see what we have here, this explains everything. I can't imagine you don't associate with someone who wouldn't find at least one of the thousands of "u mad" pictures at least somewhat funny. I laugh (not literally) at the thought of you thinking that anyone who said to you "I love Tyler Perry movies" you wouldn't enjoy talking to.

That is immature yes, but it's also being a douche. That's where I draw the distinction. Being immature is not a bad thing, being a douche is.
    Agreed

I don't think I've ever used a smiley in any context. I would always rather express myself with words. There are plenty of them that do a much better job than an emoticon.

To be honest, when people use them I don't really take what they have to say nearly as serious.
    I've seen some of the more respectable posters on this forum use them plenty. Posters I bet you'd agree are among the most respectable.

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Quote Originally Posted by Hands of Iron

Sorry you lost your hair young

Disagreed. Yes its following a trend that will go away, but thats not necessarily a bad or immature thing. Not in this case anyway.
    Fair enough, I didn't think I was immature when I was either. And I don't now, but i bet in a few years time...

I see what we have here, this explains everything. I can't imagine you don't associate with someone who wouldn't find at least one of the thousands of "u mad" pictures at least somewhat funny. I laugh (not literally) at the thought of you thinking that anyone who said to you "I love Tyler Perry movies" you wouldn't enjoy talking to.
    Surely you're right. I confess that what I said has to be hyperbole, however if someone I knew thought that was funny, I would shake my head at them and tell them they're wrong.

As for Tyler Perry movies, I am pretty sure I'm right on there. No one actually likes those movies (except stupid people), if they do, I don't want to meet them.

I've seen some of the more respectable posters on this forum use them plenty. Posters I bet you'd agree are among the most respectable.
    Not what i am arguing, just saying I don't find it an effective or worthwhile way of communicating.

Good discussion young buck.

I am stunned how often I'll go to put someone whose intelligence, grammar, and behavior is that of a 13-14 year old and their profile says they are 28-40 years old...

I know they are lying because anyone that age who is that stupid surely never figured out how to use the internet.

Also if anyone over the age of 22 ever posts a "u mad" image, they should kill themselves.

No one really does that right?
    Bolded is as stupid and immature as it gets.

Good High School Starter

As for Tyler Perry movies, I am pretty sure I'm right on there. No one actually likes those movies (except stupid people), if they do, I don't want to meet them.
    What do you think of L.Kizzle? If I remember correct you once said he played a huge part in the reason you continue doing what you do on this board. Ask him how he feels about Tyler Perry. Nonetheless...

Good discussion young buck.

What do you think of L.Kizzle? If I remember correct you once said he played a huge part in the reason you continue doing what you do on this board. Ask him how he feels about Tyler Perry. Nonetheless...
    Sometimes it's better not to know certain things about people...