Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 02-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #16
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
they can still, but they really don't look like they will. I wouldn't be shocked if they were one and done if they draw Utah or LA either.

The furthest I see them getting this year is the WCFs.

Of course, this is assuming they don't make any trades.

I would rather them play Utah than Houston. I think they can take Utah in a best-of but, Houston and LA are scary as a first round series.

Pop said there will be no trades. Most of their players don't have much trade value with the exceptin of the big three and possibly Barry.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #17
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs and

It's not that they're not good enough. .They've proven otherwise a few times this year. It's that they're not consistent enough. And I think Pop is going to be working a lot during the ASG break, and watch for a trade before the 22nd, I know Pop is saying no trades, BUT I think we can offer a prospect and a 2nd rounder.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM   #18
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs and

IT's obvious that the suns and mavs are hungrier than the spurs and popovich was right. Mavs are the hungriest team right now and they should be after losing last season's final.

And you say that the spurs are 13-13 and cant "compete with the top two teams" well i can come back by saing the suns are 1-6 against utah, spurs and mavs. That is another reason why suns cant compete.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #19
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

SportsAnalyzer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
IT's obvious that the suns and mavs are hungrier than the spurs and popovich was right. Mavs are the hungriest team right now and they should be after losing last season's final.

And you say that the spurs are 13-13 and cant "compete with the top two teams" well i can come back by saing the suns are 1-6 against utah, spurs and mavs. That is another reason why suns cant compete.

ESPN brought that to my attention last Night and I was shocked to hear that the Suns was
0-6 against the Top 6 Teams in the West before Last Night's Game
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #20
j-rocket
I airball my layups

j-rocket has an OK reputation so far

the spurs know what to do come playoff time because they have been there time and time again!!
I wouldnt want to face the spurs in the first round!! there one trade away from winning it again!!
j-rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan

The Spurs are 13-13 throughout the whole season. That's why everyone is worried about them. They are consistently losing to these .500+ teams.

The Suns lost 5 of those 6 at the very start of the season when Amare wasn't playing and they were throwing away leads. Now they are playing great and improving each game in some aspect. Heck, they just beat the Spurs.

By the way they are 1-5 vs. the Spurs, Jazz and Mavericks. Not 1-6.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 07:00 PM   #22
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
The Spurs are 13-13 throughout the whole season. That's why everyone is worried about them. They are consistently losing to these .500+ teams.

The Suns lost 5 of those 6 at the very start of the season when Amare wasn't playing and they were throwing away leads. Now they are playing great and improving each game in some aspect. Heck, they just beat the Spurs.

I think they were including the Lakers too. The Suns had a pretty light schedule so far. They might not be considered as elite when it's all said and done (especially if they keep playing a seven man roster.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #23
Mahmoud
Decent playground baller

Mahmoud has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I'm now seeing why the Spurs are not mentioned in the same sentence with the Mavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23

Also, people neglect to mention the fact that two of those games were back-backs, and the Suns lineup was much different than the current one in most of those games. I like this though. Suns get discredited for beating the Spurs on a back-back, but when the Mavs squeak out a 1 point win against Phoenix, on a back to back, its somehow proof that they are better.
Mahmoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:49 PM   #24
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
It's not that they're not good enough. .They've proven otherwise a few times this year. It's that they're not consistent enough. And I think Pop is going to be working a lot during the ASG break, and watch for a trade before the 22nd, I know Pop is saying no trades, BUT I think we can offer a prospect and a 2nd rounder.
Agreed. I have seen championship teams and the Spurs in their current form come up short. If they do not make a trade I do not see them past 2nd round. BTW you guys see our new team logo?

icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #25
BigAl
High School JV MVP

BigAl has an OK reputation so far

I am a HUGE Mavs fan and I will always say that the Spurs are ALWAYS a contender for the championship as long as the 'three' are healthy and effective.

Each year some Mavs, Suns, and Spurs fans speak with a 'definite' attitude about their team or other teams.

Truth is that given the past couple years and current progress its really a crapshoot for the big 3 West teams...it could be any one of them that makes it.

The only surprise would be if one of the Big 3 West teams dont make it to the finals.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: