Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Convince Me To Root For Your Team

who's a player you like but you are not able to watch him play ,Then start watching his team. OR start watching a exciting young player (Irving,Lillard,Anthony Davis,PaulGeorge,John Wall) OR root for a team that has a cool logo,cool jersey and cool name ,

Need I say more?

You know you want to...

Phoenix Suns:

- Young and super athletic
    - Dynamic duo in Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe who both make amazing plays regularly and are only going to get better and better
    - Exciting run-and-gun playstyle leading the NBA in fast break points
    - Lots of depth and unselfish play with 6 players averaging over 10 points a game(and 2 more players, Miles Plumlee and PJ Tucker, very close to breaking that 10 point average as well)
    - Whole new fresh young coaching staff and management who wants to win ASAP and are making amazing moves to set themselves up for the future
    - 4 first round draft picks this year and plenty of cap space to improve and get way better than they already are, which is amazing to think of... imagine if you add a star player to this already great young team
    - The team has a lot of heart. They never give up no matter how good the team they're playing against is. They've made a lot of come from behind wins, and always put a full effort.

If you're a basketball fan looking for a new team to follow, the Phoenix Suns are your team right now. There's so many reasons to root for them right now. They were picked to be last in the West yet they're playing right up there with the best. Their team chemistry is beautiful to watch... so unselfish and all share a such a strong desire to play their hearts out and win games which is rare for such a young/inexperienced team. Now's the team to hop on the Suns bandwagon. They're only going to get better and better with the position they're in. From what I've already seen with them, if they can make 1 more big move to pick up a star-caliber player they will be in the NBA Finals within the next few years guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Root for Miami. You're anti-Lakers, anti-Kobe, anti-Knicks, you probably hate Chicago, you meet all the requirements, sounds like you and Miami is a match made in heaven.

but very true.

Serious playground baller crunk-juice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Phoenix Suns:

- Young and super athletic
    - Dynamic duo in Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe who both make amazing plays regularly and are only going to get better and better
    - Exciting run-and-gun playstyle leading the NBA in fast break points
    - Lots of depth and unselfish play with 6 players averaging over 10 points a game(and 2 more players, Miles Plumlee and PJ Tucker, very close to breaking that 10 point average as well)
    - Whole new fresh young coaching staff and management who wants to win ASAP and are making amazing moves to set themselves up for the future
    - 4 first round draft picks this year and plenty of cap space to improve and get way better than they already are, which is amazing to think of... imagine if you add a star player to this already great young team
    - The team has a lot of heart. They never give up no matter how good the team they're playing against is. They've made a lot of come from behind wins, and always put a full effort.

If you're a basketball fan looking for a new team to follow, the Phoenix Suns are your team right now. There's so many reasons to root for them right now. They were picked to be last in the West yet they're playing right up there with the best. Their team chemistry is beautiful to watch... so unselfish and all share a such a strong desire to play their hearts out and win games which is rare for such a young/inexperienced team. Now's the team to hop on the Suns bandwagon. They're only going to get better and better with the position they're in. From what I've already seen with them, if they can make 1 more big move to pick up a star-caliber player they will be in the NBA Finals within the next few years guaranteed.

I fully appreciate what the Suns are doing right now... but I think you're in for a rude awakening my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice
    I fully appreciate what the Suns are doing right now... but I think you're in for a rude awakening my friend.
    So says anyone who haven't watched the Suns play this year.

Former Bulls Fan.

Come root for my favorite team the Miami Heat
    - We have the greatest player of all time
    - We have the third greatest SG of all time
    - Greg Oden is going to come back 100% in the playoffs and become the greatest C of all time.
    - Ray Allen is the greatest shooter of all time.
    - Erik Spoelstra is on pace to be the greatest coach of all time.
    - We have the most loyal fanbase, most of us have been fans since the Alonzo Mourning days.
    - We ride with our team until the end, nobody leaves their seats until the final buzzer.
    - Tons of celebrities come to watch our games like the greatest rapper of all time Lil Wayne and the best thing to come out of Canada not named Andrew Wiggins or Maple Syrup, Drake.

[COLOR="White"]
    Pacts with the devil were made.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice
    Care to elaborate?

Serious playground baller crunk-juice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Care to elaborate?

"From what I've already seen with them, if they can make 1 more big move to pick up a star-caliber player they will be in the NBA Finals within the next few years guaranteed."

-how "star-caliber" are we talking..? and what will it take to acquire him?

-NBA finals guaranteed... I don't think I need to explain why that's setting yourself up for disappointment.

As per David Aldridge:

1) You watch the Spurs, year after year. You understand that they're not the sexiest, splashiest team, but that's okay; that's not your thing. You appreciate San Antonio precisely because it's not a flashy group, just a team that gives its best almost every night and plays the game correctly. Every day since June 18 -- every day -- they've been reminded about how close they were to beating the Heat, and how it must have devastated them, and every person (including me) thinks he or her is the first person to bring it up.

And yet, they get out of the gate incredibly strong, again, and then they play last Thursday at Golden State, without Tony Parker (by accident; he had a knee contusion) and without Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili (on purpose, because Gregg Popovich, as ever, isn't going to play them a bunch of back-to-backs). And it's the second half of a back-to-back, their seventh game in 10 days, with assorted Millses and Greens and Belinellis and Splitters. But they compete. They don't play great, but they compete. They pass the ball and contest shots and they take charges, and they beat the Warriors (who, honestly, played terribly). Just another night for a team that had every excuse for mailing it in, and instead did the hard, tough work that professional basketball players do.

You want to know why the Spurs are always around in the playoffs? Nights like last Thursday. The young guys don't want to let the old guys down, and Popovich wouldn't let them play if they did. It is an amazing organization, and it is time to make it plain -- it's the best organization in pro sports.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/feature...ls=nbahpsplit1

because we have McGee

Learning to shoot layups

Cleveland, they need all the support they can get.

The lakers because we dont have many fans...

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

sadly not the wolves, you would want to punch yourself in the face 4 out of 5 games