Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: D-Rose dropped 20 points

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    "How can you suggest a guy who averages less points on worse efficiency is better statistically because his free throw percentage is higher and his blocks are higher even though neither averages over 1"

No Answer.

"The irony of you clinging onto his assists, even though he's a PG and Kobe is a SG, while simultaneously saying it's not logical or rational to compare the stats of two players from different positions is truly outstanding."

No counter.

LeBron James
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    Dwyane Wade
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk Nowitzki

All had better seasons. Explain how the **** he cracks that. I won't even use Kobe Bryant.

You've said nothing.
    You need to know when to let go man. You should just take your ass out of this conversation and admit that your wrong or just disappear.

I pointed out that you were making light of something that has no use in an argument. Saying Kobe was more efficient and scored more, while ignoring the other parts of their stats which were more glaringly noticeable is just retarded. I'm not saying Kobe is a PG, however he does have the ball in his hands as much as Rose does, Kobe did play the PG role for his team as well as SG.

I agree with you, it's not entirely accurate as they do play different positions, however both dominate the ball and play the PG role for their team. So in this case, you could compare them.

Again, what team do you root for?
    Last edited by poido123; 11-17-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Why do people evaluate and compare individual players off the abilities and accomplishments of their teammates?

It's like the rings argument. Why are individual athletes judged on these team parameters? There is no logic here.

Player A = better stats, worse team
    Player B = worse stats, better team

Player B > Player A because Player B's team won more!
    thats why you left out this part? and rose had the better stats regarding playing against the top 8 teams so your theory doesnt work.

28.5 points and 7 assists against the top 8 teams in the league, with a winning record 14-7, winning 12 of their last 12 against these elite teams (thats 12 straight). and before you say thats only credit to the team, the bulls without rose in 2012-13 had a losing record of 7-13 against elite teams and only a 45 win season vs's 2011 best record in the league.
    so clearly you cant discredit roses impact on the bulls record.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 11-17-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Also, Rose led his team to 62 wins.

Anyone that watched the Bulls every game like we did saw how Rose carried the team and stepped up big time in the clutch for us.
    Yeah that year it never felt we were out of a game as long as Rose was playing. He WAS the Bulls offense.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

It's funny, back when Rose actually won the MVP, most people agreed or at least weren't outraged about it. Now after a couple of years a lot of other superstars' stans are discrediting Rose, acting like it was some travesty, so they can add the award to their favorite players hypothetical resumes. Pathetic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    You need to know when to let go man. You should just take your ass out of this conversation and admit that your wrong or just disappear.

Again, what team do you root for?

My argument is that Rose was not a top 5 player when he won the MVP and I am not going to "let it go". Is that how you argue? By telling people to let it go?

I've listed like 7 players who were better and you've yet to suggest how he was better than any of them.

I will let it go but for entirely different reasons. This is going nowhere. You're clearly set in your ways as you're a Bulls fan and clearly so.

We'll agree to disagree.

Also, I'm from Toronto, so naturally I root for the Miami Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Yeah that year it never felt we were out of a game as long as Rose was playing. He WAS the Bulls offense.
    he put the team on his back, especially in the 4th quarter. i remember that year seeing him exhausting himself carrying the bulls offense in the 4th, i almost felt sorry for him. It was incredible watching him play, almost the same feeling you got when watching jordan perform at his best. The posters that say "he didnt deserve the mvp" are the ones that watched 15 second highlight reels of him on espn. but their opinion matters more than the ones that actually watched all 82 bulls games that season

My argument is that Rose was not a top 5 player when he won the MVP and I am not going to "let it go". Is that how you argue? By telling people to let it go?

I've listed like 7 players who were better and you've yet to suggest how he was better than any of them.

I will let it go but for entirely different reasons. This is going nowhere. You're clearly set in your ways as you're a Bulls fan and clearly so.

We'll agree to disagree.

Also, I'm from Toronto, so naturally I root for the Miami Heat.
    Durant
    LeBron
    Kobe Bryant
    Carmelo Anthony

Dwight Howard

are you kidding? you have no credibility. rose won the mvp for a reason, you have the burden of proof to prove otherwise.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Also, Rose led his team to 62 wins.

Anyone that watched the Bulls every game like we did saw how Rose carried the team and stepped up big time in the clutch for us.
    if we have to credit anyone for leading the bulls to 62 wins it goes to thibdeau for "leading"

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Stop. He was a top 5 player.

Rose was the third best play of the season behind Dwight Howard and LeBron James when Rose won the MVP in 2011. Name two other players that had a better season.
    Wade was MUCH better

Reg Season:
    26/6/5 2stls 1blk 50% FG 18 shots per game

Playoffs:
    25/7/5 2stl, 1blk 49% FG 18 shots per game

vs

Reg. Season:
    25/8/4 1stl 45% 20 shots per game

Playoffs:
    27/8/4 39% 1stl 24 shots per game

not to mention Wade's FAR superior defense, IQ and floor game
    stats wise or eye test it's not even close who was better that season.
    Last edited by Akhenaten; 11-17-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Jesus Christ Rose shot 101 3's in the 2011 playoffs and made 25 of them, I can't put into words how horrible that is.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    if we have to credit anyone for leading the bulls to 62 wins it goes to thibdeau for "leading"
    was thibs injured in 2012-13?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    Jesus Christ Rose shot 101 3's in the 2011 playoffs and made 25 of them, I can't put into words how horrible that is.
    i think we can all agree rose played poorly against the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    Wade was MUCH better

Reg Season:
    26/6/5 2stls 1blk 50% FG 18 shots per game

Playoffs:
    25/7/5 2stl, 1blk 49% FG 18 shots per game

vs

Reg. Season:
    25/8/4 1stl 45% 20 shots per game

Playoffs:
    27/8/4 39% 1stl 24 shots per game

not to mention Wade's FAR superior defense, IQ and floor game
    stats wise or eye test it's not even close who was better that season.
    now do wades stats against the top 8 teams in the league that season and his team winning record. then i will laugh when you try to compare it to roses. rose was a very elite player lifting his team over elite teams, the miami heat had a losing record against elite teams.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    now do wades stats against the top 8 teams in the league that season and his team winning record. then i will laugh when you try to compare it to roses. rose was a very elite player lifting his team over elite teams, the miami heat had a losing record against elite teams.
    I'm comparing the individual players and eye test and statistics tells me Wade was CLEARLY better.

Competition get's no more ellte than in the playoffs and Wade was FAAAR better in the playoffs than Rose.

and he didn't just struggle against Miami, he was TERRIBLE against the Pacers

shot 37%
    21% from 3 on 7 attempts per game

that is HORIFFICALLY bad, good thing for him the Bulls D and rebounding was HISTORICALLY GREAT and they had very capable offensive players in Deng and Boozer.

Put 2011 Wade on that Wade and they are STEAMROLLING that Pacer team, with Wade a avg 27/6/6 on 48% + with WAY better defense.

GTFO out here with overrated azz lil ninja
    dude is a low IQ, chucking, no defense playing little bitty SG

i have no idea why people hate on rose so much. what has he done to deserve the hate? is it because he didnt dance around in the all-star game intro? because he didnt rush back from his injury? or is it because he accepted the MVP award?