Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster
Default If Wade, Bosh, JJ are not available...

Would you guys be OK with signing players like David Lee and one of Ginobili/Ray Allen/T-Mac? I would. Those two players plus the current young bulls could play for the 3rd or 4th stop in the East. But no foreseeable championships.

Or, would you wait for 2011 FA's?
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
sanders2021
I hit open layups

sanders2021 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: If Wade, Bosh, JJ are not available...

I don't think the Bulls can afford to wait. Having David Lee would be awesome. There are lots of other good guards we could go after:

The ones you mentioned (Ray Allen, TMac, Ginobli--though they're all pretty old, we'd be instant contenders)
CDR (restricted)
Raja Bell
JJ Redick (restricted)
Mike Miller

Admittedly not a stellar bunch, but almost all of them would be upgrades in one way or another. Plus none of them will break the bank.
sanders2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

If we can't get Chris Bosh than David Lee would actually be the next PF I would want the Bulls to go after. Pairing him up with Noah would be a really nice combination. Both guys are great rebounders and both play hard and hustle like few do in today's NBA. We would probably lead the league in rebounding with that duo along with Deng and the rest of the bunch. Lee has also become a better shooter than alot of people give him credit for and he would run the pick n roll nicely with DRose and people would have to respect his jumper. He still wouldn't give us a guy that we could throw the ball down low to old school stylebut frankly Chris Bosh isn't much of a true post up guy either. For the SG position I listed a few guys in another thread and/or we could make the SG position our priority in the draft.

A few guys out there besides the ones that were mentioned here are also Dorell Wright, Anthony Morrow, Quentin Richardson, Rasual Butler
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I don't see Ray Allen or Ginobli coming here. And from what I've seen out of TMac since he's been back I don't think he'd be worth it. Although that all depends on the market for him and how much someone would have to pay him to bring him in. He says he's not fully recovered yet and that he's not in 100% basketball shape as of yet and he's put up some decent numbers so if his salary demands weren't too high I might consider a 1-2 year deal.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would actually take Lee over Bosh, just because Lee is more emotionaly stable than Bosh, and Lee would be a better price. Ginobili/Allen are past their prime, and both are inconsistant now-a-days. T-Mac said he just wants to play and doesn't care for the money. If thats true and we get him at a cheap price, I wouldn't mind having him.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I would actually take Lee over Bosh, just because Lee is more emotionaly stable than Bosh, and Lee would be a better price. Ginobili/Allen are past their prime, and both are inconsistant now-a-days. T-Mac said he just wants to play and doesn't care for the money. If thats true and we get him at a cheap price, I wouldn't mind having him.

Perfect reply to the OP's question Crystallas!!!
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: