Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here
Default Jon Gruden to St. Louis, Spags to Philly (D coordinator) - Rumor

Not yet, likely after next week.

Quote:
People familiar with Rams owner Stan Kroenke’s plans said Monday that Kroenke is waiting for Spanos to make a move on Smith. If Smith is available, league and agent sources strongly indicated that Smith will be hired as Rams’ general manager and bring along Jon Gruden as head coach.

Sources said Gruden has decided to return to coaching in 2012 and that his current employer, ESPN, is already preparing for his departure.

Quote:
Citing league sources, the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that it is "all but certain" that Rams HC Steve Spagnuolo will take over as Eagles defensive coordinator in 2012.

Kevin Acee of the Union-Trib seconds NFL Network speculation that Rams owner Stan Kroenke will "clean house" after the season. Andy Reid recently gave current DC Juan Castillo the dreaded vote of confidence, but Profootballtalk reported three weeks ago that the change will have to be made in order for Reid to stick as head coach. Spagnuolo should be a major upgrade on the former offensive line coach.

Last edited by StateProperty : 12-27-2011 at 03:50 PM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jon Gruden to St. Louis, Spags to Philly (D coordinator)

I'll believe it when I see it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reporting Rams are going to make a push for Jeff Fisher. This is fun!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This would be a great improvement to monday night football.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gruden's the kinda guy that will coach for his entire life like Paterno. He's practically drooling when he's commentating. He just wants to put on some pads and hit a motherf*cker.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'll believe it when I see it.

I might have to agree with GOBB here. I have never heard of Gruden leaving ESPN. No whispers. And especially for St. Louis?? I would think he wants a team close to playoff status.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
This would be a great improvement to monday night football.

You're insane. There's no one I'd rather listen to commentate the NFL.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spags going to come to NY if Coughlin is not fired. Be the D Coordinator and the head coach in waiting, in a year or two when Coughlin dies (cough, i mean retires...) he'll take over. Reid if he stays is a fixture. If Spags goes there, he needs to be a great coordinator for year and years before he gets a HC job, if that.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Gruden's the kinda guy that will coach for his entire life like Paterno. He's practically drooling when he's commentating. He just wants to put on some pads and hit a motherf*cker.

Good stuff eh bud? I see you, I see you. Got your meat lovers pizza, buffalo wings, hoagie or do you call it hero with the works. 2 liter Moutain Dew. Uh huh, you think I didnt know Call of Duty gave free xp if you purchased Moutain Dew. I'm on to you brotha. Gettting ready for Monday Night Football. Nothing like it right petey? You betcha. The anticipation of kickoff, what more can you ask for right? Amirite? Hell yea. Gets no better than seeing Drew Brees throw the pigskin no? One of the best to do it. Awesome. Matty Ice, MATTY ICE. What can you as a fan tell me about Matty Ice petey? This game should be fun, cant wait. You ready? No let me hear it petey...are you ready for some football? That a boy.

*handshakes*

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Good stuff eh bud? I see you, I see you. Got your meat lovers pizza, buffalo wings, hoagie or do you call it hero with the works. 2 liter Moutain Dew. Uh huh, you think I didnt know Call of Duty gave free xp if you purchased Moutain Dew. I'm on to you brotha. Gettting ready for Monday Night Football. Nothing like it right petey? You betcha. The anticipation of kickoff, what more can you ask for right? Amirite? Hell yea. Gets no better than seeing Drew Brees throw the pigskin no? One of the best to do it. Awesome. Matty Ice, MATTY ICE. What can you as a fan tell me about Matty Ice petey? This game should be fun, cant wait. You ready? No let me hear it petey...are you ready for some football? That a boy.

*handshakes*

Not bad not bad, I just imagined a tall dark black gentleman with flowing blond hair and a creepy smile on his face.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #11
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

AJ Smith? the dude from the Chargers? the dude who has had about 6 bad drafts in a row and numerous contract issues with his valuable vets?

St. Louis is better off hiring a bum off the streets to be their GM. Smith has coasted on that SD talent to the point the past 3 years they can't even compete in the AFC West, let alone the entire AFC. Dont give me whole "injuries" bs, all teams have the same concerns, its called depth

Getting Gruden will cost them some loot, but would be a great hire.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
ESPN released a statement to Profootballtalk refuting a report that Jon Gruden will leave the Monday Night Football booth for a return to coaching in 2012.

"Jon signed a multi-year extension with ESPN this fall," said ESPN. "He remains committed to being a part of Monday Night Football for many years." Multiple sources tell PFT that Gruden will indeed return to ESPN for the 2012 season. The original report may have been planted by sources close to Chargers GM A.J. Smith in an effort to get owner Dean Spanos to think twice about a possible firing. ESPN's Chris Mortensen insisted on Sports Center Tuesday evening that Gruden will not be coaching in 2012.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: