Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year
 
eliteballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,444
eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation
Default What happened to Sean May?

Did he eat himself out of the league?
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
kushrenada
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 82
kushrenada has not been impressing people
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?




Sean "Happy Meal" May was an NBA player between 2005-2010, playing and eating for the Charlotte Bobcats, where he was famously deemed "unfit to play" by coach Larry Brown, and later cut by the Sacramento Kings. During his college career, he was the Most Outstanding Player of the 2005 NCAA tournament, helping win UNC its fourth national championship. His knees were never good, he could not stay healthy and he suffered frequent injuries. After having microfracture surgery, he did not take care of himself and never was able to get himself healthy and in shape to make an impact on any team.

He was a part of the Bobcats during their famed Sam Vincent Golden Era of Gerald "Crash" "G-Dub" Wallace, Raymond "I make punkfaces when shooting free throws" Felton, Emeka "I was REALLY the Rookie of the Year when Dwight was the #1 pick" Okafor, Jason "J-Rich" Richardson, and Adam "Ammo" Morrison. Then-coach Sam Vincent would go on to inspire the phrase 'FINE HAM BISCUIT' to mean "Fire Sam Vincent".

Sean May is currently playing in a second-tier French league putting up decent numbers with an eye on returning to the NBA and settling unfinished business with the dollar menu of McDonald's in NBA arenas worldwide.
kushrenada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
9512
hon hon hon eat snails
 
9512's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,265
9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

He plays for Paris-Levallois in France.
9512 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,443
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Undersized and overweight.He misses his eating buddy, Felton, from that Carolina team.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,154
KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Sad they he couldn't stay in shape or stay healthy enough to carve out a decent NBA career. He was a friggin' stud in college, though. Averaged 22 and 11 and shot near 70% from the floor in the 2005 NCAA tournament. Had a monster 26 and 12 game on like 10/11 or 10/12 shooting against Illinois in the national championship game.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,154
KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Undersized and overweight.He misses his eating buddy, Felton, from that Carolina team.


Yep, but those two fat asses were the best two players on one of the best college basketball teams of all-time.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
ganja0710
Banned
 
ganja0710's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,454
ganja0710 has not been impressing people
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

ganja0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,443
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Sad they he couldn't stay in shape or stay healthy enough to carve out a decent NBA career. He was a friggin' stud in college, though. Averaged 22 and 11 and shot near 70% from the floor in the 2005 NCAA tournament. Had a monster 26 and 12 game on like 10/11 or 10/12 shooting against Illinois in the national championship game.

Well.. I love that Illinois team and it'll always be my favorite.. but come on. We had a front court of James Augustine, Roger Powell, and Jack Ingram guarding him. Didn't take much to look like a monster against us. Guys like Mike Wilkinson, Eric Williams, Terence Dials looked like studs against us. Yeah, if I weren't a Big 10 fan, I wouldn't know who they were too. Channing Frye looked like Tim Duncan against us.

From that game, all I gathered was that Raymond Felton could play well in the league. That much was true.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
Beatlezz
Champ;ipnsikp!
 
Beatlezz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maimi
Posts: 2,075
Beatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBeatlezz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganja0710



That Japanese tattoo on his arm means "Hash Brown" in English.
Beatlezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,443
wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlezz


That Japanese tattoo on his arm means "Hash Brown" in English.

It's Chinese and it means "Can" or "Able to." He must believe that you are what you eat and he clearly ate a big fat guy.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,154
KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Well.. I love that Illinois team and it'll always be my favorite.. but come on. We had a front court of James Augustine, Roger Powell, and Jack Ingram guarding him. Didn't take much to look like a monster against us. Guys like Mike Wilkinson, Eric Williams, Terence Dials looked like studs against us. Yeah, if I weren't a Big 10 fan, I wouldn't know who they were too. Channing Frye looked like Tim Duncan against us.

From that game, all I gathered was that Raymond Felton could play well in the league. That much was true.


He still had a monster game on the biggest stage as an overweight undersized center and a monster NCAA tournament to boot. I get what you're saying, but it doesn't diminish what he did in my eyes. If it were the NBA, and it was a HOF caliber big man in his prime abusing a collection of bad frontcourt players in the Finals, ok. But I don't look at it that way (to the same extent anyway) in college basketball. Especially when it's two upper echelon type programs.

I understand the reason why Illinois was so great is because they had a sick backcourt, though. UNC just had better balance and two guards close to as good or better than Illinois guards.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,098
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushrenada



Sean "Happy Meal" May was an NBA player between 2005-2010, playing and eating for the Charlotte Bobcats, where he was famously deemed "unfit to play" by coach Larry Brown, and later cut by the Sacramento Kings. During his college career, he was the Most Outstanding Player of the 2005 NCAA tournament, helping win UNC its fourth national championship. His knees were never good, he could not stay healthy and he suffered frequent injuries. After having microfracture surgery, he did not take care of himself and never was able to get himself healthy and in shape to make an impact on any team.

He was a part of the Bobcats during their famed Sam Vincent Golden Era of Gerald "Crash" "G-Dub" Wallace, Raymond "I make punkfaces when shooting free throws" Felton, Emeka "I was REALLY the Rookie of the Year when Dwight was the #1 pick" Okafor, Jason "J-Rich" Richardson, and Adam "Ammo" Morrison. Then-coach Sam Vincent would go on to inspire the phrase 'FINE HAM BISCUIT' to mean "Fire Sam Vincent".

Sean May is currently playing in a second-tier French league putting up decent numbers with an eye on returning to the NBA and settling unfinished business with the dollar menu of McDonald's in NBA arenas worldwide.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
Clifton
talk less, say more
 
Clifton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,114
Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

I always thought he was really overrated. Felton too for that matter.

I miss the Bobcats their first few years, when they seemed to be headed in a good direction. They were a scrappy group. Drafted Okafor who seemed to me like a leader and anchor, good for a decade of being at least decent once they rounded out the roster. Then drafted Morrison who I for some reason thought would be like Seattle era Rashard Lewis with Joachim Noah's attitude. And Gerald Wallace was awesome when he was with them.

Then everyone turned out to suck and it all fell apart. They can't draft to save their lives. The stark difference between them and the Thunder, who started out like 4 years after them, is chilling. That it's possible to do that well, and also possible to do that poorly.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 AM   #14
senelcoolidge
Great college starter
 
senelcoolidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 3,727
senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What happened to Sean May?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
It's Chinese and it means "Can" or "Able to." He must believe that you are what you eat and he clearly ate a big fat guy.

pronounced "ke yi" I believe. Yes you can Sean May yes you can.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy