Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Future considerations.

Ive been hearing this term in trades for years. Someone...please...

Name anything a team ever got by using "future considerations" from a previous trade? Jones went to Portland for them.

What is it like in 3 years if the Suns are 7 picks back of Portland and want to draft a project euro bigman late in round 2....but the Spurs are between them and portland and want the same guy the Suns can call in a favor? Get the Blazers to take him while they pick the guy the blazers wanted if hes still on the board? Then trade? Only way I could see this working. Feels really under the table

Or is it more rigid and well defined than that? I never take the time to figure this out.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 06-29-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Future considerations.

I think its like that. Usually some money involved.

Most likely, ends up being jack****.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:42 AM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

BUMP anyone have an answeR?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
BUMP anyone have an answeR?

Usually, money or a draft pick. It never makes the media because its never big enough for anyone to care. We're not talking a 1st rounder, usually a 2nd, or a future 2nd, or cash, or maybe some scrub prospect just up from the D-League.

The only way you'll catch it is if you follow the 'transactions' section of your paper religiously.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

i think it is more of a favour... lets say two teams... one being a bigger threat to Phoenix than the other... are tied for the 8th spot in the West... and the team Phoenix DOESN"T want to face has their last game against Portland... and they can drop that on purpose and let them win... giving Phoenix a chance to not face the team they don't wanna...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: