Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 01-22-2007, 12:15 AM   #1
j Fresh
Local High School Star

Default three things the Mavericks need to do...

1) buyout Jerry Stackhouse's contract

2) stop playing Anthony Johnson

3) play Devin Harris

I don't care how good you guys are right now, you can be 50-0 for the season. Stackhouse and Johnson need to go!

They ruin the flow of the Mavericks style. They can only play slow, and they are old farts in the league. Don't give me that, "oh but the playoffs is a diffrent pace" bull**** because I don't buy it. The Phoenix Suns were one win away to getting to the NBA Finals.

Every shot that Stackhouse throws up and makes it in to me is luck, and he always has that "i'm about to **** things up for my team" look in him.

Anthony Johnson over Devin Harris? Experience is one thing, but I will take speed, agility, quickness, and no jumper over experience any day of the week!

These two guys will ruin you nucleous, i'm telling you! You seen the Miami Heat game right? case closed.
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:33 AM   #2
kentatm
NBA Legend

since you were so lazy as to just cut and paste what you had in the main forum, i will do the same.

Quote:
lets see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh
buyout Jerry Stackhouse's contract

1. Stack expires after this year and is the teams 6th man. ther eis no way in hell the Mavs buy him out. the only way he leaves is if he is traded for a better player and thats just not gonna happen unless the trade is just insanely in the Mavs favor. He has also become a leader in the Mavs locker room as the players and Avery love him.

Quote:
2) stop playing Anthony Johnson

2. Anthony Johnson hardly ever plays (15 min per), what are you talking about?

Quote:
3) play Devin Harris

3. They DO. He STARTS. His PT is up from 22 to 27 minutes per game this year.

Quote:
I don't care how good you guys are right now, you can be 50-0 for the season. Stackhouse and Johnson need to go!

They ruin the flow of the Mavericks style. They can only play slow, and they are old farts in the league. Don't give me that, "oh but the playoffs is a diffrent pace" bull**** because I don't buy it. The Phoenix Suns were one win away to getting to the NBA Finals.

AJ plays slow and dribbles too much but if you are losing b/c your 3rd string PG you have bigger problems. You must be blind b/c Stack still runs up and down the court and besides THE MAVS ARE NO LONGER A RUN AN GUN TEAM. Almost all of their fastbreaks are started off of their defense making plays.

As for the pace in the playoffs, again you must be blind. Did you know that Nash has led the highest scoring team in the L 6 straight years and has been to the WCFs in 3 of the last 4? Where has that got him? NOWHERE. Also, the Suns were TWO wins from the Finals but it matters not B/C THEY DIDNT GET THERE.

Quote:
Every shot that Stackhouse throws up and makes it in to me is luck, and he always has that "i'm about to **** things up for my team" look in him.

you can say that for nearly every player in the L on the lucky shots. I don't know what this "look" is you talk of.

Quote:
Anthony Johnson over Devin Harris? Experience is one thing, but I will take speed, agility, quickness, and no jumper over experience any day of the week!

Well, I already explained to you that Harris gets much more PT than AJ (who has had several DNP-CDs this year too). Even though Harris only played 10 minutes today, he STILL played more than AJ who was in for 9. Also, Devin didn't play much b/c he is still recovering from the flu and since Wade won't share his secret medicine that lets you play with the flu for 2 months he wasn't up to it today. AND AND AND, Devin ALSO has no jumper.

Quote:
These two guys will ruin you nucleous, i'm telling you! You seen the Miami Heat game right? case closed.

I have been an unabashed Stack hater from the instant he became a Mav but he has not hurt the team at all this year and like I said before, everyone in the organization loves him so its a moot point.

Oh, and I did see the Heat game. The Mavs won in large part b/c of Stack while AJ wasn't in long enough to hurt the Mavs in the end.

Maybe you should reopen your case or else you'll end up like that Duke Lax rape case prosecutor.

link
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: