Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Made that high school varsity squad sacredcow's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Miller New Career High-Points (52)

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Whoa, whoa ... easy there tiger. Andre Miller has never been "great."
    He's not great in the sense of Nash, Paul, Williams, Nelson sense but he gets his numbers and does a good job setting guys up. He can attack the rim (something Steve Blake refuses to do) and find his own shot when nobody else wants to take it. What more do you want? He's not flashy, but he gets the job done.

Dude freak 50 point games from decent players have been known to happen. Tracy Murray dropped 50 in Jordan's era.

Just, FYI ...

Who? Exactly. The pro 80's/90's homos need to shut the hell up.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    It's a good thing for Portland but at the same time you have to wonder if it is kind of like Orlando's situation in the recent past with Skip to my Lou. Pretty soon, you're going to have to move the old guy so your younger talent can shine. And in Orlando's case that was Jameer Nelson.
    This really isn't similar to the Rafer in Orlando situation at all. Rafer was brought to town because Jameer got hurt and Orlando needed someone servicable to hold things down. Rafer was dealt as soon as he was no longer needed.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Tony Delk, a far worse player than Miller drops 53 in regulation, no overtimes before the new rules are put in place. I wonder how that happens...
    Yeah, but Tony Delk could score. TRACY MURRAY was a spot up shooter. The equivelent to a black Jason Kapono and dropped 50+ in the 90's as a member of the Bullets. Tracy FREAKING Murray.

If it happens once, knowing the caliber of player someone is I consider some 50 + games to be flukes.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by sacredcow
    He's not great in the sense of Nash, Paul, Williams, Nelson sense but he gets his numbers and does a good job setting guys up. He can attack the rim (something Steve Blake refuses to do) and find his own shot when nobody else wants to take it. What more do you want? He's not flashy, but he gets the job done.
    Just watch the wording, that's all. He's a solid starting PG. That's all he ever has been. Even when he put up pretty good numbers for terrible Cavalier teams. It was a mirage. Like with any scrub putting up numbers on a bad team. Cause if those numbers meant something and came at important times, the numbers would be accurate representations of the player's impact, and their respective teams wouldn't be racking up L's instead of W's.

Certified ISHiot.

And then had his first one on the Bulls against the Raptors. That one against the Heat came with him sitting the majority of the 4th quarter as well. The Raptor one was in OT I believe, and I forget about the one against Charlotte as a member of the Warriors.
    I never saw the one against the Bulls, I did see the other two. The one against the Heat was more impressive than the one against Charlotte. He made 16 (I think it was 16) shots in a row, and like you said, sat out late in the game. He easily could've gone for 60+ had the game remained close.

Yeah, but Tony Delk could score. TRACY MURRAY was a spot up shooter. The equivelent to a black Jason Kapono and dropped 50+ in the 90's as a member of the Bullets. Tracy FREAKING Murray.

If it happens once, knowing the caliber of player someone is I consider some 50 + games to be flukes.
    Both 9ppg scorers for their careers. At least Miller is at 15ppg for his career.

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    This really isn't similar to the Rafer in Orlando situation at all. Rafer was brought to town because Jameer got hurt and Orlando needed someone servicable to hold things down. Rafer was dealt as soon as he was no longer needed.
    If you paid attention to Orlando's playoff run, you would have noticed the tension between Rafer and the coaching staff, the team, and Nelson. He didn't want to be replaced when he was playing well and Nelson was coming back from injury.

It's a similar situation because it is out with the old and in with the new. The Blazers need to move the road block that is Andre Miller. I know he dropped 50 and that's great. All fans should relish in it. But in the big picture, he's not going to get the Blazers to the promised land. Bayless just might be able to do that...but how will we know since he can barely average 18 minutes per game?

Why did Portland sign Andre Miller? Are they that down on Rudy and Bayless?

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Both 9ppg scorers for their careers. At least Miller is at 15ppg for his career.
    'Dre Miller is a better player head and shoulders compared to the both of them.

Who on here could of honestly guessed that Brandon Jennings and Andre Miller would be the 1st two players to drop 50pts this season? I bet no one in the world saw that coming

Certified ISHiot.

If you paid attention to Orlando's playoff run, you would have noticed the tension between Rafer and the coaching staff, the team, and Nelson. He didn't want to be replaced when he was playing well and Nelson was coming back from injury.
    I did pay attention to the playoff run. That's a bit different, don't you think? The Magic had made the finals with Rafer in there, and it was kind of questionable whether or not Jameer was really ready to roll. Nelson ended up playing anyways.

EDIT: And Rudy Fernandez isn't a point guard, I don't know why you keep mentioning him.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Who on here could of honestly guessed that Brandon Jennings and Andre Miller would be the 1st two players to drop 50pts this season? I bet no one in the world saw that coming
    Melo dropped 50 too.

Why did Portland sign Andre Miller? Are they that down on Rudy and Bayless?
    Did you not watch the playoffs last year? Nobody but Roy could create their own shot. That's why they signed him.

Also, Rudy and Bayless are not PG's.

Just watch the wording, that's all. He's a solid starting PG. That's all he ever has been. Even when he put up pretty good numbers for terrible Cavalier teams. It was a mirage. Like with any scrub putting up numbers on a bad team. Cause if those numbers meant something and came at important times, the numbers would be accurate representations of the player's impact, and their respective teams wouldn't be racking up L's instead of W's.
    Noted

Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

Bayless is a PG, so what if he wants to shoot first?