Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car decision

Default Re: Car decision

How long will it take to double the money you have now? These prices all will get you cars that'll run one day and die the other. It isn't worth it. The money you're spending buying used, very old cars with high milage in repairs alone you could of gotten a better car.

Buying a used car in general no matter where you go and what they say, they just want it off their lot. At all costs. There's always something wrong with it and if there isn't there will be.

Save up to 5-6k, but then again if it's necessary for use now stay away from high milage cars. 2006 with 110k isn't bad. I believe it should be 10k a year on miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    How long will it take to double the money you have now? These prices all will get you cars that'll run one day and die the other. It isn't worth it. The money you're spending buying used, very old cars with high milage in repairs alone you could of gotten a better car.

Buying a used car in general no matter where you go and what they say, they just want it off their lot. At all costs. There's always something wrong with it and if there isn't there will be.

Save up to 5-6k, but then again if it's necessary for use now stay away from high milage cars. 2006 with 110k isn't bad. I believe it should be 10k a year on miles.
    can't wait. this car only needs to last 2 years. 5k-6k would take too long :/

yeah probably a scam
    what about this:
    http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/4556819829.html

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    yeah probably a scam
    what about this:
    Find out how many miles. Those Impalas aren't bad cars. Probably the only decent car Chevy was making around that time.

Don't get the Suzuki. They are normally good cars but that one is a rebadged Daewoo.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

yeah probably a scam
    what about this:
    that gen impala just got recalled. They are boats. The motor in there is a good solid motor that GM has used and tweaked for decades but the rest of the car is sh*tty city.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectCell
    rent a newer car. Less time and additional money wasted stressing out over stuff and you can change/upgrade whenever
    Don't you need to be 25 to rent a car?

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    If you can save $100-120 each week for a full year, that'll get you 5K-6K easily. But at your age, 15, it's easy to be tempted by consumerism.
    buying a car isn't really an option, it has to happen.

NBA Superstar

how y'all feel about this one?
    http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/4556912089.html
    audi got sold btw. accord is still in the running though.

lol Suzuki's are the worst cars ever made. not even kidding. and try to find parts for that....probably only dealer and way overpriced.

you should check out auctions or find out about a Enterprise Auction. I think Enterprise auctions their cars off when they get 3?~ years old and people get some bargains sometimes.

I know renting a car is 25 because after 21 the only other legal barrier is 25 to rent a car..

Love Live Life

Try to find something without that many miles and cheap repair parts. Like most said that Audii gonna cost a lot to repair and it's just a matter of time before you will have to repair something. Sound like you're strapped for cash so it would be wise to get something like that

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    I know renting a car is 25 because after 21 the only other legal barrier is 25 to rent a car..
    It's 25 here in Bama. Y'all want him to rent a car for year? He'll be better off buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    It's 25 here in Bama. Y'all want him to rent a car for year? He'll be better off buying one.
    yup. i don't have the money to rent a car anyways, and if i wreck it i'm in big trouble.
    another car:
    http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/4557393413.html

$2000 for 195k miles?

Df

What do you guys think about Jeep Wranglers? Thats what I'm planning on buying for my christmas pressie

Love Live Life

yup. i don't have the money to rent a car anyways, and if i wreck it i'm in big trouble.
    another car:
    http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/4557393413.html
    Nah anything close to 200k miles isn't good. Are you're parents gonna help you? If so you should go to a used car dealership and get something for a little bit more and do payments if they will help.

I really don't trust people on craigslist. I knew a dude that got shot over a cell phone. If you go and meet these people make sure your folks go and your mechanic to check the car out.