Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Why the Nets will get swept in the playoffs:

sorry don't mean to be negative, and if we play Toronto, we probably won't get swept, but vs Detroit vs Chicago vs Miami we will get swept:

the Nets have hit 16 or 17 three pointers, shattering records four times in this season. just today versus the Pacers, the Nets hit 13 of 23 3 pointers.

while these are good percentages, vs the good teams, this style of play will NOT work in the playoffs because teams will play harder and wil close out on shooters.

but maybe the Nets are simply baffling the scouting reports... who knows?

yes these threes are good threes that come off of dribble penetration and rarely a jacked three by Carter, but come playoff time, unless its the Raptors, Nets cannot win this way.

but I have been wrong before. I just wanted to be critical of the team for a moment.

anywya, GO SIXTH SEED!
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Why the Nets will get swept in the playoffs:

No, go 7th seed!!
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
Drazen_Petrovic
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Yes, the Nets live and die by the three pointer. That is the difference between an 80 point game or a 100 point game for us.
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #4
gigantes
   

the biggest reason why the nets *might* get swept is a reason that you didn't mention- defense.

without our traditional intense defense it will be much harder to win each series, but the chances of our getting swept at any point is remote IMO.

"gorapz" should jump in at this point to take the first real chance he's taken in ages, saying that the nets will be swept by any other team.

where are you now, gorapz?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
rknine15
Buckets Baby

yeah the Nets were 13-23 from 3's against the pacers but the pacers were 12of 20 from 3's

imo if the nets get swept from the playoff its because of rebounding and if they play the bulls Frank's gotta take collins from the starting lineup cuz he cant score or rebound
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

since PJ and Wallace can't score either, we might as well keep COllins around for setting screens.

i saw one good sequence in which Collins sets a screen at the top of the key for Carter, then goes to the right baseline and screens off Kidd's man, who runs to the top of the key while Carter is spinning, drawing 3 defenders then Carter passes out to Kidd, while Collins holds off the man trying to get to Kidd.

good "fundamentals."
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

I agree that we live off the 3 pointer, but I don't think Chicago or Miami would take that away from us, maybe Detroit being the exception. They would be more concerned with our penetration. If we shot 3's all day, they'd take it. We probably would be swept or only win 1 game against those teams, because of our decision making and defense as gigantes said.

Just like last year, some games are going to be nailbiters, and in those situations, every possession, every play, every decision, could make the difference between a win or a loss. So no more subbing in Collins when we need a bucket with 5 seconds to go (That's for you Frank). No more forgetting to foul when you're up by 3 with 5 seconds to go (cough...Collins). No more pretending that you're Tim Duncan with all those fancy low post moves (Mikki), refer to the KISS method. Oh yeah, and make your damn free throws! (That goes for everyone). And so on......if we can stay sharp, focused, and of course motivated, I think we'll do fine. But of course, I still want Toronto in the 1st round. It's not only because I think we can beat them, but also, it's going to be such an exciting series. What would you rather watch: 1) An exciting and close series against Toronto with of the booing fans and Vince being revved up and STILL have a chance to win. OR 2) A boring series where we simply get murdered by the Bulls.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 04-16-2007 at 09:26 AM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #8
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

If we do vs Chicago, I think maybe we can pull out one game. If we vs Miami we'd probably lose. And if we vs Cleveland then we'd probably go to 7 and lose to LeBron.
Yep Toronto is our best bet
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

I'm still a little bit frightened by the Heats which defeated Nets 4-0 and 4-1 during the last 2 play-offs. However, it's unlikely for Bulls to sweep us, and nets lead 3-1 in the regular season actually. For Pistons, I'm afraid they will get swept by nets, remember 2002-2003 post-season's 4-0?
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
[b]I'm still a little bit frightened by the Heats which defeated Nets 4-0 and 4-1 during the last 2 play-offs. However, it's unlikely for Bulls to sweep us, and nets lead 3-1 in the regular season actually. For Pistons, I'm afraid they will get swept by nets, remember 2002-2003 post-season's 4-0?
you've gotta be kidding me.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: