Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default The Adventures of Bostjan Nachbar

http://www.nj.com/nets/ledger/index....340.xml&coll=1

he thinks the Air Canada Center and their red shirts are "cute."

he describes how much worse it is in Europe.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Default Re: The Adventures of Bostjan Nachbar

Quote:
"Toronto fans? They're cute with their red shirts and booing every time Carter touched the ball. "

:

that 3 by boki iced the game btw.

KNOCK EM OUT NACHBAR!
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #3
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Spit on? Now that's over the limit.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

I love this guy
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Yeah, Boki's cool.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
gigantes
   

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
http://www.nj.com/nets/ledger/index....340.xml&coll=1

he thinks the Air Canada Center and their red shirts are "cute."

he describes how much worse it is in Europe.
that was a great story.

it's funny how every time i read a story about boki or see him performing on the court how much my respect for him goes up.

at this point we seem incredibly lucky to have picked him up. the house injury just seems to make this more obvious.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #7
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

This from the same fans who said the European experience of a player like Anthony Parker means nothing and that the NBA playoffs are a different and more pressure filled beast, my how opinions change fast.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

And please tell me when exactly did we say that European experience means NOTHING.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
And please tell me when exactly did we say that European experience means NOTHING.

I'll attempt to find it in the first thread about the playoff series, I was told that the experiences of our players (Parker, Bargnani, Calderon, Garbajosa) means nothing because the European and World Championship aren't comparable to the pressures of the NBA playoffs. I'm not saying it's the majority view of Nets fans, but I have been told that that experience is worthless.

If you give me time, I can produce results.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

for the record, I merely said they had experience but no one could know how that would translate to the NBA.

and you can quote me on that.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
for the record, I merely said they had experience but no one could know how that would translate to the NBA.

and you can quote me on that.

I already found a quote from you that stated that New Jersey shouldn't bank on the Raptors inexperience, citing an example from the Nets when they were inexperienced and performed well in the playoffs, I think it said 2001, I'm not really sure, it wasn't the specific quote I was looking for so I just skimmed by, but I don't think it was you anyways.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #12
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Response #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-vil
Nets will win this series in 6... Raps has no playoff experience.

Response #51 (Directly Responding to #49)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Myth, Rasho Nesterovic has never missed the playoffs, a healthy TJ Ford has never missed the playoffs, Anthony Parker has won European Championships, Jose Calderon and (Jorge Garbajosa) have won World Championships. Andrea Bargnani has played in very competitive games in the Italian League. Chris Bosh is basically the only guy who isn't playoff atmosphere tested, but he's our go to guy and has shown little sign of folding under pressure.

Response #54 (Directly Responding to #51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
In case you forgot, this is the NBA, Euroleague doesn't count. Rasho was the chump of the Spurs, and TJ continually exited in Round 1.

Kidd, RJ and Collins all went to 2 finals together, Carter has experience. They're the leaders of the team

Response #59 (Directly Responding to #54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It doesn't matter that it's not the NBA, playoffs are about the pressure of the big game. The European Championships are huge pressure games, the World Championships are huge pressure games, games that these players have succeeded in. When it gets down to it, if you can control your nerves, it's just basketball, the Raptor players have the experience to know how to approach an extremely important basketball game, for that reason, I believe the experience factor is a little overrated, if anything, you should be looking at the experience factor in the coaching, Frank versus Mitchell, rather then the players. That's where a difference and impact may be felt, but I'm sure you already thought of that.

I also just found the quote VCDrivesAPorscheToWork described earlier, it's response #120, but holds little value to my point as it's a reasonable opinion. Anyways, just felt like backing my opinion up so you don't feel as if I'm spewing lies.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:27 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

I have no idea who K wil is. never showed up before.

as for ZhaKidd, he's just a very enthusiastic Nets fan doing a little trash talking. no need to call anyone out. we've all seen what a great job Anthony Parker has been doing responding when Mitchell called his number in game 2.

besides, for every overly zealous trash talking nets fan, we have two Jweezys and a Gorapz to boot.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:28 PM   #14
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

I think when ZHAKIDD said that, he was implying that the Raps had little NBA Playoff experience, rather than simply pressure game experience. I know pressure games are pressure games, but the NBA Playoffs are structured differently than the Euro league. We have mulitple 7 game series, and the schedules can become tough. I'm not saying that the Euro league doesn't have tough schedules, but those European players may not have the same series structure as us, and they might not be used to playing game after game like we do.

For example, great College players under pressure don't necessarily turn into great NBA players under pressure. Just look at Danny Ferry.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #15
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Quote:
I have no idea who K wil is. never showed up before.

as for ZhaKidd, he's just a very enthusiastic Nets fan doing a little trash talking. no need to call anyone out. we've all seen what a great job Anthony Parker has been doing responding when Mitchell called his number in game 2.

besides, for every overly zealous trash talking nets fan, we have two Jweezys and a Gorapz to boot.

I'm not attempting to call anyone out, I realize that fans make 'enthusiastic' comments sometimes, and I definately realize that there are many Raptor fans who are irrational. However, I'm not representing all Raptor fans, I was just representing myself because it was asked of me to prove that I was told the experience was worthless, I'm not attempting to pick any fight, just found it funny that people were finding Nachbar's comments funny when they were saying the exact opposite earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
I think when ZHAKIDD said that, he was implying that the Raps had little NBA Playoff experience, rather than simply pressure game experience. I know pressure games are pressure games, but the NBA Playoffs are structured differently than the Euro league. We have mulitple 7 game series, and the schedules can become tough. I'm not saying that the Euro league doesn't have tough schedules, but those European players may not have the same series structure as us, and they might not be used to playing game after game like we do.

For example, great College players under pressure don't necessarily turn into great NBA players under pressure. Just look at Danny Ferry.

It's difficult to look for deeper meaning and understanding when the person gives such a straight forward, concise statement like:

Quote:
In case you forgot, this is the NBA, Euroleague doesn't count.

I realize I could misinterpret his/her opinion, but I personally don't believe this to be the case, I just think I caught this particular poster making an outlandish comment that simply isn't true. I've been caught many times doing the same thing, doesn't particularily mean much, just is flat out wrong in my opinion.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: