Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default Should the Nets try to get Kenyon Martin back?

okay so in reality this is a terrible deal. Nets do not hve much to package for him and he just came off of double microfracture.

but if he can prove he still plays hard nosed defense and get dunk a few times, and he could somehow come cheap, would you take him?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
Derek
Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Should the Nets try to get Kenyon Martin back?

If he was 75% of his old self, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. I honestly think Kenyon wants to return to New Jersey, but we don't know what shape he would be in. Only time will tell.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

his contract expires after the 2009-2010 season.

by then the Nets will be in Brooklyn, Jason Kidd will either be ring chasing or an assistant coach for the Nets, RJ will be in his early 30s, the world will be a different place.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Derek
Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

by then the Nets will be in Brooklyn, Jason Kidd will either be ring chasing or an assistant coach for the Nets, RJ will be in his early 30s, the world will be a different place.

Kenyon is also 3 years older than RJ. If his knee is this bad at 29, it won't be any better at 32-33.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #5
rknine15
Buckets Baby

Bring him back

but what will happen to collins, boone, nenad, moore and cliffy?
rknine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
Big Rook
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

I brought up this point once in a previous post about the nets aging players and was called uninformed and a raptors homer. Reality is the nets are an experienced and aging team that competes well enough to make the playoffs, but are far from winning a ring. And they don't do badly enough to get a great draft pick. I would look to sign and trade/trade Vince for a high pick and a player. Williams, Boone, Moore and Boki are good players but they do not have enough upside to say they will consistently make the Nets a playoff threat in 5 years
Big Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Kenyon's not nearly the player he was with us or even Denver two years ago. I say no, because he's aging and he has that paper fragile knee.

Two years ago, I wanted him back, but now's too late.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:12 PM   #8
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

If the Nuggets work out a buy out, then heck yeah, but not under other circumstances, he makes big bucks, bucks the Nets don't have to spend on him.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Rook
I brought up this point once in a previous post about the nets aging players and was called uninformed and a raptors homer. Reality is the nets are an experienced and aging team that competes well enough to make the playoffs, but are far from winning a ring. And they don't do badly enough to get a great draft pick. I would look to sign and trade/trade Vince for a high pick and a player. Williams, Boone, Moore and Boki are good players but they do not have enough upside to say they will consistently make the Nets a playoff threat in 5 years

no one here has delusions the Nets are a title contending team.

and Thorn wants to re-sign Carter under the rationale that "25PPG scorers don't grow on trees."

I can only see Carter leaving in an S&T if the Nets get draft picks and young players... all of which I dont see happening
Old 04-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #10
gigantes
   

hell, no.

too much of his game was predicated on his athleticism.

amare has been a very pleasant surprise on his microfracture comeback but he's the exception to the rule. kidd was sort of an exception coming back, except so much of kidd's game is *not* predicated on athleticism.

kmart failed to show he was the same player after the first surgery, and now he's had a second one. he was already an undersized PF whose hot head sometimes created problems for his teams.

thorn in retrospect was brilliant for dumping kmart and kittles when he did, as much as those moves sent me through the ceiling.

reacquiring kmart is like trying to roll back the clock- unless you own a time machine, it won't work.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

This is off-topic, but why the hell did you guys re-sign Cliff Robinson. The guy is virtually a non-factor and is averaging career lows in just about everything. If you needed a filler at PF, i'm sure there were other options.. I mean, yeah he's a vet, but is he really a good locker room guy? I doubt it. So really, what is he contributing?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #12
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Because he was a very solid player last year, and if he didn't get suspended during last years playoffs, we probably would have beaten Miami. We gave him a paycut because of his boneheaded move, and this year's been a huge lull. We might get rid of him when the time comes.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Because he was a very solid player last year, and if he didn't get suspended during last years playoffs, we probably would have beaten Miami. We gave him a paycut because of his boneheaded move, and this year's been a huge lull. We might get rid of him when the time comes.

Would you have had a better chance against Miami? Yeah.. But to say that you probably would've beat them if Cliff Robinson had played is a big assumption and an exaggeration of his talent level.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Nets would have probably beaten Miami had Carter not made critical errors in the final few moments in Games 3 and 4.

and did you see Game 5? Carter and RJ both exploded for 33 points a piece. no one could stop them. but a D-Whistle noncall sealed the game.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #15
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Well, it's a logical assumption considering both of our losses at home and game 5 were really close, and when Cliff played with us during the first game, Shaq was off. So, not only his defense on Shaq, but his ability to stretch the defense would have given us that must needed advantage. Instead of playing 4 on 5 on offense with Collins the entire time.

It's not an overrating of his ability. He was that productive last year. This year is not reminescent of last year in any way. This year, he took a nosedive. You're just not aware of it.

I said probably, not surely.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 04-26-2007 at 09:14 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: