Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Buddy Hield vs Ben Simmons Full Duel Highlights (01.30.2015)

reminds me of a more polished, smarter and composed version of Jodie Meeks with better ability to put the ball on the floor. I also like his shot pocket better.

He could be a nice starting 2 guard in the league if he can play defense.

Decent college freshman

Hield has never shot from 3 this well in any college season. His 3 point % has risen 16 percentage points from last year, on greater volume, amazingly. His shooting from deep has been sublime this year, but he still sports low AST%, FTr, and STL%. Low TP% for his 30% usage rate though, which is encouraging offensively. It should be noted that his FTr has increased this year, but it's just above D'Angelo Russell level now.

He's old for a prospect, doesn't play D well, or create for his teammates. He's got ~20 game sample of hot, hot shooting. Will be an interesting prospect come draft-time.

Still think Simmons is better though.

I don't get the nasty part. Yes he hit big shots but on most of those it seemed like he got his looks off good ball movement. The defender was often late. Basing this off the highlights though.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    I don't get the nasty part. Yes he hit big shots but on most of those it seemed like he got his looks off good ball movement. The defender was often late. Basing this off the highlights though.

Have you watched highlights of his outside of just this specific example? The guy is averaging 26.2 ppg and 6 rpg on 53/52/91. This isn't a one game sample size.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    And that's a bad thing? Being able to catch and shoot like that is huge in the NBA.

That's what's most impressive about him, you find him for a good look in rhythm and he's automatic. Not to say he can't create his own shots, it's just he's an extra elite catch and shoot player.

And it doesn't matter if someones in his face. (because obviously he drains them in peoples faces all the ****ing time)

7 crucial 3's down double digits in the second half on the road against two future NBA all-stars (Simmons and Blakeney), is nasty anyway you slice it
    Last edited by HenryGarfunkle; 01-31-2016 at 04:39 PM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I still see Ben Gordon. And his name is Buddy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I still see Ben Gordon. And his name is Buddy.
    Jimmy Butler
    Paul George
    Buddy Hield

... fits right in.

His name is great IMO - star worthy

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    And that's a bad thing? Being able to catch and shoot like that is huge in the NBA.

That's what's most impressive about him, you find him for a good look in rhythm and he's automatic. Not to say he can't create his own shots, it's just he's an extra elite catch and shoot player.

And it doesn't matter if someones in his face. (because obviously he drains them in peoples faces all the ****ing time)

7 crucial 3's down double digits in the second half on the road against two future NBA all-stars (Simmons and Blakeney), is nasty anyway you slice it
    Don't get me wrong, it is. Just the youtube vid title threw me off. High expectations from the hyperbolic title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK4EwZfZ1s

He might be a late lottery pick, but I think he can be a black version of JJ Reddick.