Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-20-2018, 05:44 AM   #46
iamgine

Default Re: While his country starves, Venezuelan President eats a steak at Salt Bae's restaurant

The problem is with dishonest public optics play. In reality, any president eating steak is very normal, even president of a starving country.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #47
Patrick Chewing
#MAGA #TIGERBLOOD

Default Re: While his country starves, Venezuelan President eats a steak at Salt Bae's restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Then lets have that discussion. Why are we talking about a steak when its apparently the least offensive aspect of his rule? Its just a weird thing to harp on. Traveling head of state not eating boiled alley cat.....is that newsworthy?

I point out that a head of state...no matter what hes served would be eating better than poor people. Im told:

Because apparently it sank in that presidents eating well is painfully obvious.

Leaving us with nothing but....a picture being taken of it.

That seems to be the issue.

Hes doing what everyone with 6 brain cells to rub together knew he had to be doing. But now....we got an image of it.

Im sorry but im not getting worked up over that.

Want to have a discussion on his policies and the nature of his rule lets have it. Why am I reading about a steak when the alternative is him eating just as well but not being on camera?

Be like having footage of Trump ****ing side hoes. If might be funny and it would lead every news network.....but it wouldnt be worth outrage from anyone who has a brain.

"Creepy fat old billionaire sleeps with hot women who want him for his money"

Im putting that pretty high on the "You dont saaaaaaaaay?" scale too.

Sure it looks bad. But it seems the optics may be the least damaging aspect of his time in power.

This has no doubt happened every single time a country has been in a famine. Literally every single time....in the history of the world. Hell the universe. If there is life on a planet 200 billion light years away...the poor people there? Whoever rules them doesnt eat what they eat. But lets keep getting worked up over obvious universal truths and not the actual problem. I mean....we have a guy in a palace eating fancy breadsticks! Wait here while I find the "Breaking news" graphic....

To one degree or another this topic could be made about everyone who ever ran a country. If hes also outright killing people....why are we talking about superficial shit like what he had for dinner? Think maybe you guys have buried the lead here....

Can you agree that the optics just look bad considering what's been happening in Venezuela recently?

There doesn't have to be a "but...." to your argument, but you insist.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #48
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Why do you even stay in conversations if you aren’t reading them?

From yesterday...listed by me as things that can’t be disputed:

“It looks bad for a president to eat fancy meals with starving people in his country.

Also....

A president of a poor country is always going to eat better then people who are starving.”
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #49
Facepalm
Local High School Star

This clown Chewing and his fake outrage

When has he ever displayed any empathy for Latinos before?
Facepalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:21 PM   #50
ItsMillerTime
OL A DI PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalm
This clown Chewing and his fake outrage

When has he ever displayed any empathy for Latinos before?

He hates his own kind. It's very odd.
ItsMillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #51
Patrick Chewing
#MAGA #TIGERBLOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
“It looks bad for a president to eat fancy meals with starving people in his country.

Good, glad we agree. But not sure why you decided to bring up Nikki Haley and some curtains as if both situations were equivalent and that people such as myself shouldn't be outraged at seeing the Venezuelan President rub it in his peoples face that he has all the money in the world to eat at fancy restaurants while the rest of the country does not.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: