Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

Default Re: NBA equivalent of the MLB's Triple Crown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
There have been damn many Triple Crown winners in MLB http://www.baseball-reference.com/aw...e_crowns.shtml.... so its not a once in a million thing like averaging a triple double / leading the league in 3 major statistical categories.....

Major League Baseball is a hell of a lot older than the NBA. MLB has had more time for there to be triple crown winners than the NBA has even existed.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
fpliii
sahelanthropus

Default Re: NBA equivalent of the MLB's Triple Crown?

A lot of responses for a thread that I thought would be on page 3 by now, lol...

My main concern with some of the suggestions is that it wouldn't make sense to include rebounds/steals/blocks...baseball's triple crown involves the three principal offensive box-score stats, while those none of those three describes a player's offense (unless you consider rebounding to be part o part d as opposed to a separate aspect of the game, but it's still a stretch unless you restrict it to offensive rebounds.

Also, the criteria have to be standardized across positions. Since there aren't many position-neutral stats I guess it's rather unfair, but we can design the criteria so that it's equally tough for big men and guards..
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: