Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Durant scored a grand total of 0 POINTS in OT, why is he getting a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88

So Alfred shouldn't get a pass cause he had to pretty much play with 4 other guys that can score? Man these stans are going in hard today. The only other guy outside the starting line up that scored was 39 year old Derek Fisher? That was probably the worst match up I've ever seen in my life. You let Derek Fisher guard Boris Diaw and Serge Ibaka primarily on Tim Duncan? Scott Brooks pretty much handed SA a trip to the NBA finals on a silver platter. The Thunder really need to fire Scott Brooks and stop playing 2 on 5. It's honestly Westbrook + Alfred vs everyone else and at this point they will never win a ship if they play hero ball.
    got this from the misc

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...306200MIA.html
    only 5 guys scored

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Default Re: Durant scored a grand total of 0 POINTS in OT, why is he getting a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Yeah that was amazing. This guy's stamina is almost unparalleled.
    Only 2 TO too

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    And what happened to kg215 also? no longer defending durant defense?

fudge already deserted the Thunder for the Heat.

thunder suffers from lack of bench, not lack of coaching. And they suffer from Disappearing Fans of Ish Syndrome
    I think it's a little bit of both. Bench players didn't receive any play time but in reality who actually decides play time... Scott Brooks. Adams played 10 minutes, Jones played 10 seconds, Sefolosha played 4 seconds, Butler got a DNP... really? Literally Boris Diaw was giving Derek Fisher the work last night if you didn't see him post him up and force him into retirement.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

I think it's a little bit of both. Bench players didn't receive any play time but in reality who actually decides play time... Scott Brooks. Adams played 10 minutes, Jones played 10 seconds, Sefolosha played 4 seconds, Butler got a DNP... really? Literally Boris Diaw was giving Derek Fisher the work last night if you didn't see him post him up and force him into retirement.
    I did see it. Also saw Derek pushing around Boris like a feather all series with great ease. That old man always was strong since like 2005 or 6 when he bulked up big in the off-season. Diaw just figured it out. Rotations against the Spurs have always been nightmarish at best.

Adams was ineffective at best. He did fine earlier on but when the intensity burst into open flame.... he was clearly not up to that level. Yet. Adams is on the verge of being a dirty player but he may turn into a great center in the seasons to come.
    I dunno what is up with Sefolosha tho that was weird.

Bottom line though, it was lack of bench that stopped OKC.

Local High School Star

So Alfred shouldn't get a pass cause he had to pretty much play with 4 other guys that can score? Man these stans are going in hard today. The only other guy outside the starting line up that scored was 39 year old Derek Fisher? That was probably the worst match up I've ever seen in my life. You let Derek Fisher guard Boris Diaw and Serge Ibaka primarily on Tim Duncan? Scott Brooks pretty much handed SA a trip to the NBA finals on a silver platter. The Thunder really need to fire Scott Brooks and stop playing 2 on 5. It's honestly Westbrook + Alfred vs everyone else and at this point they will never win a ship if they play hero ball.
    74 of the 82 FGA were taken by the starters... Of course nobody else scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Because Westbrook gets the ball after the opponent scores. The guy drives into the sole defender on 3 on 1 fastbreaks, instead of giving his teammates easy points and confidence - not only Durant.

smh

You do know only 5 Heat players scored in last years finals game 7, right?

And one of them was Birdman, 3 points... so shut it, dumbass.

Because he isn't on the level of MJ/LBJ, obviously.

Don't you remember LeBron's quote when asked, "When will the pressure finally be off of you to win a Championship, and onto someone else like Kevin Durant?"

LeBron: When I retire.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    33 shots for 48 points
    Eh, whats wrong with that? You know thats good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    74 of the 82 FGA were taken by the starters... Of course nobody else scored.
    Exactly, it's kind of hard to score when you don't get any field goal attempts

Not to mention, Durant is not a facilitator type player like LeBron who CAN get his players involved and find them easy looks and get them motivated. Durant and Westbrook like to do more of a hero ball style and that simply doesn't get your "lesser" scorers involved and thus they either don't shoot or don't care to.

There are a lot of big differences between KD and LBJ and LBJ is clearly superior, I just don't think it's fair to hold KD to LBJ's standards. LBJ goes 26-6-5 on 52% with the W and it's just another day in the office.

do not know about KD, but I know that the real "team of the regular season" is the thunder

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Because he isn't on the level of MJ/LBJ, obviously.

Don't you remember LeBron's quote when asked, "When will the pressure finally be off of you to win a Championship, and onto someone else like Kevin Durant?"

LeBron: When I retire.

Bron ain't even on the level of MJ, my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You do know only 5 Heat players scored in last years finals game 7, right?

And one of them was Birdman, 3 points... so shut it, dumbass.
    Lol "heat fan" just looking just at the points scored. Look at everything else. Look at the line up, match up. OKC bench outside of adams and fisher received game time.

While miami bench actually got to play the game. So when you actually know something about basketball and how it's played then contribute otherwise you're the one that should shut it, dumbass.

Lol "heat fan" just looking just at the points scored. Look at everything else. Look at the line up, match up. OKC bench outside of adams and fisher received game time.

While miami bench actually got to play the game. So when you actually know something about basketball and how it's played then contribute otherwise you're the one that should shut it, dumbass.
    Why did you list Battier or Birdman? They both scored... In fact, Battier went off...
    What are you doing right now? Pointing out players minutes who didnt score but, played long?

Perkins 21 minutes, Adams 12 minutes... satisfied?

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    He literally did not get a pass

This .... no matter how great you are if you are a ball dominant player you wont be effective if the touch that you get is before the shot clock expires. There is a reason why guys like Kerr, Horry, Allen exists even though they didnt play at all and just plug them in the last seconds of play they can still hit the shot because its their job.

Sure most superstars can still do the job but their are guys who are there to save them when its needed.