Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Sneak's Avatar

Default Re: British dude schools Devin Harris in 1 on 1

Quote Originally Posted by stax
    fair do's, i'm not here to throw insults at individuals. i have not watched much streetball.co.uk stuff but i saw what kind of ball they promoted on their website and what the values of their readers seemed to be. e.g. i have read greg tanner reporting with glee about how someone bounced the ball off the defenders forehead. streetball.co.uk preceded that SBX thing, albeit indirectly you could say. i've got nothing against tommy baker either, the entertainment-oriented stuff has its place under the 'umbrella' of playground basketball.
    SBX is considered a joke by most people who have followed Streetball.co.uk (although sadly some of the Streetball.co.uk guys have migrated to SBX and inherited stupid nicknames since Streetball.co.uk has been fading) I've met and played with a lot of the players from both groups, all decent guys, but the thing that really separated them was that nearly every player who played for Streetball.co.uk had a win first attitude, to the extent that many people would site that (along with Greg getting too busy with his TV work to maintain it) as a major reason Streetball.co.uk gradually faded. While SBX were putting out a style over substance brand, Streetball.co.uk were entering legit tournaments and winning by having the most talented players, not just streetballers, guys who play good fundamental ball. With a shift in expectations of Streetball as a result of the development of AND1 into more of a show than a basketball event Streetball.co.uk's approach became more and more irrelevant to fans of the AND1 brand of streetball.

Thankfully SBX never really took off with people serious about basketball, having mostly a following of Kids with no interest in competitive basketball.

Anyway, gotta show Stu some respect for that. No doubt Devin would kill him in a serious 1 on 1, but Stu took his chance and showed Devin a little something about underestimating your opponent.

It's sad because I really prefferred Streetball.co.uk's mix of guys that could actually had decent fundamentals but the ability to mix in a bit of style with it over the style over substance approach of SBX.

Default Re: Devin Harris gets owned by guy in a sweater

Well damn, chill. It's new to me, and funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by stax
    its not even a question of style vs substance, i don't know where you're getting those terms from after reading my post. i love playground basketball and i love stylish (legal) ball. its not even an issue. anyone who didn't like the way Magic Johnson, Pete Maravich or Earl Monroe played the game should consider getting a lobotomy. end of.
    It was more of a general statement.

I have to agree, partly.

The thing is, even if it

NBA lottery pick

He obviously wasnt trying, but sweet handles by the kid

shhhhhhh

CrowninMe since you only have 4 posts i'll point out this is an extermely busy message board and a topic can fall to the 3rd or 4th pages on a busy day so take a little time and scan back a couple few pages to check and see if it has been posted... you'll also notice by the responses to your post the mentality of the board hovers around that of a 12 year old at times...lol

Root Of All Evil

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    Color me unimpressed. I scored on an NBA player before. They're really not as invincible as many think and if they were playing a full game, going to like 12, as soon as dude missed I doubt he would even get the ball back because he'd have no chance staying in front of DH
    shut up..Harris got humiliated by some prep

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    He obviously wasnt trying, but sweet handles by the kid
    I don't give a **** if you are trying are not...you never let anyone go between your legs..he got humiliated point blank..no excuses

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Devin Harris Getting Schooled by English Dude in Sweater and Jeans!!!

This is a funny clip, dude is quick. He really makes Devin look silly...I mean c'mon guys in his jeans and a v neck sweater, Devin all ready to ball...hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

Banned

Default Re: Devin Harris Getting Schooled by English Dude in Sweater and Jeans!!!

Bring out ye dead.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Default Re: Devin Harris Getting Schooled by English Dude in Sweater and Jeans!!!

All in good fun. Devin's a good sport.

Default A pair of Harpy Eagles lays two white eggs in a large stick nest.

"When I first went out there, they told me one of the Special Olympic kids wanted to play me one-on-one," Harris said. "So I went down there, said OK, shot jump shots or whatever.

"So he hit the first shot, and I was like, 'OK, he has a little talent.' Then he just whipped out the other thing - I was kind of confused at the point with all these dribbling moves, and before I knew it he threw it through my legs and laid it up.

"At that point it was time to go. So they had fun with it, they got me pretty good. I didn't expect it to be that popular, but it is what it is."
    http://njmg.typepad.com/zzone/2008/1...is-hot-97.html

Since 'insidehoops' is my personal assistant, and has been changing 80% of my topic titles as of lately, I'll let him decide which topic title suits this one.

Banned

Default Re: A pair of Harpy Eagles lays two white eggs in a large stick nest.

What is going on with insidehoops and your titles? Please explain.