Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Decent playground baller rfoster24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by demons2005
    speak of the devil they have arrived.
    look at Rondo's numbers and what he's done the last couple years with a team of retirement home players

look at CP's numbers and what he's doing now or not doing with a team of allstars, and what he did last year with a balanced supporting cast
    I don't even have to explain how stupid you sound. I want you to stay dumb because dumb people like you amuse me lol.

Chris Paul by a ****in' mile.

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster24
    I don't even have to explain how stupid you sound. I want you to stay dumb because dumb people like you amuse me lol.

Chris Paul by a ****in' mile.
    They are both top 5 PGs and probably 2nd and 3rd respectively this season yet it is by a mile????

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yea... true. Just saying it's more impressive if you can maintain that WHILE playing with another superstar+ other talent. I think he's not peaked this season honestly. When the Clippers do best is when he's aggressive on offense. Team knows it.. coach knows it and he knows it. His first postgame quote after Clips beat the Heat was about being more aggressive because he was too passive in Portland game.

The first step to fixing a problem is identifying it and everybody knows. I expect to see a lot more vintage CP3 27 points, 11 assists, 5-6 rebounds, 3 steals with great D and efficiency.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I wouldn't argue that Rondo was Paul's equal in past seasons, we're talking about the present (though for the record Paul wouldn't have led the Cs past Miami either especially if he suffered the elbow injury that Rondo did). And I really don't agree with grading Paul on a curve for not being in shape. We could say that if Shaq had David Robinson's work ethic he'd have been the greayest player of all time...but he didn't, so he wasn't, so we don't.
    Okay, we're not talking about their work ethic though, I'm talking about their respective impact. Even this season, Rondo is having his best season statistically and is still marginally better then an overweight Chris Paul. He's also playing for a team he's played for the past 5 years while Paul has a new team and maybe a new role. He is going through an adjustment phase.

Boston with Chris Paul would have beaten Miami, I have no doubt about that. He is WAY more clutch in the 4th then Rondo who couldn't even convert a wide open jumper. I believe he has better court vision and passing ability, but more importantly he wouldn't be left wide open but instead command double/triple teams when he has the ball in his hand. That alone would have made things so much easier for the other players. Then you have his ability to take over games in the 4th (when he decides to get aggressive). I'm sorry but there is a huge gap between Paul and Rondo to me; I'm not doubting that Rondo has improved certain areas in his game this season and that he has shortened that gap this year; but it's kind of foolish to make a reasonable comparison based on their current situation.

Paul is on a new team, a new coach and has come overweight yet their respective production is still very close this season.

CP3>Rondo

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

rondo

this thread is too entertaining. cp3 fans are dillusional.

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    this thread is too entertaining. cp3 fans are dillusional.
    Seems like only Boston fans are picking Rondo, yet Paul's fans are delusional?

Banned

I think some people are really confusing the question of this thread. Many people's answers seem to stem from Career vs Career, and I could have sworn it was suppose to be based on this season. And I can't see anything CP3 has done that shits on Rondo. Rondo is pretty much carrying the Celtics right now, and developed his jumper, finally becoming the PG he should have been offensively for a while now.

I currently have CP3 = Rondo, and Rondo could overtake him within the next 10 games.

Not airballing my layups anymore hops and stops's Avatar

CP3 > Rondo, but it's not a huge difference to me. The two have comparable skill levels and different strengths/weaknesses.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    What you may not know is that pre-inury Rondo had been the Cs best player both over the season as well as vs. Miami. He was the one that presented problems by exposing the weakness at pg. If Paul messed up his elbow like Rondo did I'm not even sure he'd play. Not calling CP3 soft, just it's hard to tell how an injury effects Paul's style and whether or not he could contribute with it. And if he does, is he going to be the Chris Paul we expect? I doubt that. And then you have James dominating the C's best scorer on both ends of the court, KG has done nothing but decline for the last 3 years, really Miami had the best 3 players on the court for that series. I don't see any pg in the game leading the Cs to victory with that injury, just not happening.

And again, I have no sympathy for CP3 being out of shape, that's his fault if he is.
    That's the thing, I consider the Chris Paul I saw against the Lakers last playoffs better then both Bosh and Wade. His impact is severely underrated on this forum. I guess that's because he has always played for a crappy team; despite them being legit for a few years mostly because of Paul.

He just makes everyone around him better. The different between Rondo and Paul is that Paul is more dangerous because he can shoot, drive and pass. Rondo can only drive and pass; therefore, most defenses leave the dude open to take those perimeter jumpers which makes him less dangerous with the ball. That's the biggest difference I see between the two players; and in terms of impact, this difference is invaluable because Rondo can not attract a defense to him and leave his teammates more open.

Lets see how they do at year-end before I properly evaluate their respective game for this season. I have seen one game from Rondo this season; he didn't really seem much different to me. But could have been that particular game.

And I agree with the other poster (if Rondo did in fact improve his jump shot) then an aggressive Rondo > passive Paul.
    Last edited by rhythmic ; 01-14-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

One important aspect as a guard is being able to creat for yourself, something Rondo doesn't do well. According to Synergy Sports CP3 is the best and most effective isolation player in the game and Rondo is average.