Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #16
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Default Re: Ali G owns NBA players including Kobe and D-Wade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsman
I was wondering how many people knew that Ali G is actually Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat). "Da Ali G Show" was big here in the UK but after he made it to the States I don't think he kept on with that character, then he got his big break as Borat so everyone knew him for that.

His show was on HBO for a few years. Most people in the US knew him as Ali G before BORAT came out.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #17
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
I was wondering how many people knew that Ali G is actually Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat). "Da Ali G Show" was big here in the UK but after he made it to the States I don't think he kept on with that character, then he got his big break as Borat so everyone knew him for that.
No he came to the States as Ali G first for a couple years. He lasted a couple seasons on a good network,HBO, and then his character died out. I think he filmed his shows in the States as well when he got here but Borat the movie really made him popular over here. It was controversal to Americans but I think the majority of us got the humor.

Last edited by Xsatyr : 03-08-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:30 PM   #18
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Yeah that is one of my favorite shows ever. When Cohen showed up in Talladega Nights as the gay frenchman, I almost fell out of my seat laughing, it was priceless.

If you've never seen the show, go on YouTube and type in Da Ali G Show, it's one of the funniest shows ever. He gets in to interview people like Donald Trump and Andy Rooney somehow. Andy Rooney is just priceless. They both end up kicking him out.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #19
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Yeah that is one of my favorite shows ever. When Cohen showed up in Talladega Nights as the gay frenchman, I almost fell out of my seat laughing, it was priceless.

If you've never seen the show, go on YouTube and type in Da Ali G Show, it's one of the funniest shows ever. He gets in to interview people like Donald Trump and Andy Rooney somehow. Andy Rooney is just priceless. They both end up kicking him out.
Just adding to what you are saying, look up Ali G with David Beckham and Posh, sry if I mispelled their names. It was for charity of some sort, funny as hell for those who have not seen it.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #20
JonnyBigBoss
Learning to shoot layups

I love this video.
JonnyBigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #21
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

I thought I'd seen all of these, but I missed the Richard Jefferson one LMAO.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: