Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default You spend your who life eating from the earth yet when u die u choose to be cremated

You've dined on animals and plants your whole life yet when you die you choose to get cremated which doesn't return any of the energy back to the earth that you were provided with your whole life.

how selfish is that...
    Last edited by You Cant Ban Me; 02-19-2015 at 06:22 PM.

   

Default Re: You spend your who life eating from the earth yet when u die u choose to be cremated

versus, what... being filled with embalming fluid and taking up real estate in a rot-proof casket? alrighty then.

in HS a bio teacher said he wanted to be buried (no casket) near a tree so he could return his body's nutrients. i always thought that was the coolest... altho maybe not legal in most places.

at least donate your organs.

Local High School Star

Default Re: You spend your who life eating from the earth yet when u die u choose to be cremated

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    versus, what... being filled with embalming fluid and taking up real estate in a rot-proof casket? alrighty then.

in HS a bio teacher said he wanted to be buried (no casket) near a tree so he could return his body's nutrients. i always thought that was the coolest... altho maybe not legal in most places.

Thats very legal they have places for that i just don't remember the name of it.It returns the energy back to the planet + helps detectives solve murders by seeing how long it takes for bodies to decompose in different scenarios.

I think it's called body farms but idk too lazy to google it

Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Ban Me
    Thats very legal they have places for that i just don't remember the name of it.It returns the energy back to the planet + helps detectives solve murders by seeing how long it takes for bodies to decompose in different scenarios.
    You mean those weird ass cage things where a bunch of corpses get lined up and it looks like a zombie movie?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    You mean those weird ass cage things where a bunch of corpses get lined up and it looks like a zombie movie?
    no they just leave your body out in a big field they own.All the bodies are in different stages of decay.Some are left where flies and shit can get to them ,some are left wrapped in trash bags where nothing can get to them, basically just a bunch of different scenarios.It helps police officers with forensics its = to volunteering your body to science.

This is why I want the Tibetan burial...

Chop me up and feed me to the birds.

I want to be part of the food chain.

Serious playground baller CP343's Avatar

Mass grave all the way!

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes

Try "Sky Burials" of certain sects of Buddhism where they leave your body to decay on mountain tops (Nepal I think) for the vultures to eat you.

Zoroastrianism also has a tradition similar in which your body is allowed to decay under the hot sun in a open burial chamber for the buzzards.

Google "Sky Burials" & you will find photos & maybe videos on YouTube.

Now that's giving back to nature/cool.

Conservation of energy. You do give back. Just not in the form of calories for an animal.

   

Quote Originally Posted by You Cant Ban Me

I think it's called body farms but idk too lazy to google it
    i didn't mean a body farm explicitly, but that's pretty dang cool!

more like... can joe citizen (with the approval of authorities) bury a loved one on his property in order to return their body to the food chain...?

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    Try "Sky Burials" of certain sects of Buddhism where they leave your body to decay on mountain tops (Nepal I think) for the vultures to eat you.

Zoroastrianism also has a tradition similar in which your body is allowed to decay under the hot sun in a open burial chamber for the buzzards.

...Now that's giving back to nature/cool.
    as a buddhist i'm indeed familiar with that... not sure how many of the ISH crowd would be up for that, however.

to be honest it makes me a little squeamish either being party to or being a personal subject of a sky burial. i'll be needing a nice long rest after i die and don't need any godamn birds molesting me!

BIOS URN- Turns your remains into a tree

Learn more here:
    https://urnabios.com/product/

Quote Originally Posted by embersyc
    This is why I want the Tibetan burial...

Chop me up and feed me to the birds.

I want to be part of the food chain.
    yo....stop

   

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I want to chop you up and eat you dawg
    see, this is why i say that your dating game needs work.

   

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectCell
    and look, samdup-- there's a picture of uncle lobsang right after he passed!

kind of warms you up, no...?