Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #16
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Default Re: Celtics classless dunk at end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Hey now.. Paul Pierce is my favorite player and has overcome a lot in his career to get to this point. Wishing bad things on sports players is a big no-no.

Sorry man. I've been wishing bad things on that team for awhile now. I just really can't stand them. From Scalabrine's b!tch t!ts to Garnett's lankiness and unsportmanlike antics to Pierce's trash talking and injury faking. Ray Allen faking his ankle injuries in Seattle because they weren't a very good team, all of a sudden he is miraculously healed and barely misses any games in Boston. Rondo's annoying style of play and disrespect as a young player. Can't handle 'em dude. They are all good players don't get me wrong, they just aren't classy and respectful. So I wish hateful things on 'em.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #17
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I respect that. I'm a huge Celtics fan, always have been (omgggg the secrets out!!!11one!1), and even though they basically are a bunch of arseholes, I still love them.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:56 AM   #18
b4ball
Local High School Star

There is only one way to deal with classless pukes who rub salt in wounds. And that's play the game to win. The whole league has become nothing other then a big love fest. Like Jack said, Bosh could / should have created himself some space, and like Doug Smith said, not to many players in this league would do what they have to, to get space. You can loose to the Celtics and still earn respect.

Every team in the league is guilty of becoming soft but the Raptors more so. Bosh is too interested in being friends with everybody, trying to be popular, be recognized by his peers. Graham, Bargnani and Calderon have all shown they will stand up for themselves, but nobody will stand up for each other.

Make opponents pay for driving in the lane, give hard fouls. Nothing pisses me off more then a Parker excuse me foul with a made basket and a free throw. This is a game, but a big stakes game and somebody needs to remind Bosh, Parker, Moon and the rest of those stakes.

And that's my biggest beef with Bosh. If you want to win, you do what it takes to win. Respect is earned on the court and not just handed out because some fans voted you into the All Star game. You do what it takes to win, even if it means throwing Garnett an elbow.

Last edited by b4ball : 01-14-2009 at 02:09 AM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:47 AM   #19
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball

This is a game, but a big stakes game and somebody needs to remind Bosh, Parker, Moon and the rest of those stakes.

AMEN. SOMEBODY tell that guy to stop grinning like an idiot every game even when they're losing.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #20
huppcap
Local High School Star

Speaking of classless, I don't mean to drag Garnett's name into this (actually I do).

Fond (fondest I have of Bonner) memory several years ago. I was at this game where Bonner gives Garnett a hard foul (not flagrant) but of course Garnett gets the star treatment and Bonner is tossed. Latrell (I can't feed my family) Sprewell sticks his nose in and gets nothing. Loved Bonner's exit. The fans loved it and him! Standing O for him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puXDg637X10

Raptors won the game and Bosh actually did not seem afraid of Garnett in this game. This was the game where more comparisons were made with Bosh to Garnett. Bosh had a great game and Garnett not so great.

Last edited by huppcap : 01-14-2009 at 11:01 AM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #21
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

I was pretty disgusted when i saw that dunk, and it was obvious that Jay Triano was pissed off. He walked right up to the refs to make sure a time out was called, even though it wasn't necessary.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
EuroWise
GM Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
I was pretty disgusted when i saw that dunk, and it was obvious that Jay Triano was pissed off. He walked right up to the refs to make sure a time out was called, even though it wasn't necessary.

I really hate the Celtics. I hope this year the Cavs will win over the Celtics and the Lakers will win the championship.
EuroWise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #23
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
The dunk was not classless at all.

The Raptors were still trying to foul them, and they managed to dodge the fouls all the way to the paint on the other end, where they have two options, stand and wait for a Raptor to foul them, or put the ball in the hoop.
Exactly. It wasn't malicious or classless. Just putting the game away, fair and square.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:39 PM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Exactly. It wasn't malicious or classless. Just putting the game away, fair and square.

Judging by the mentality of the Celtics and the way this game ended, I doubt that this was 'putting the game away'. The dunk occurred when there was 5 seconds left, they were up 6 and no Raptors were around to foul. It was a classic, cocky, Celtic way of saying FU to the Raptors organization and all of their fans.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:44 PM   #25
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Judging by the mentality of the Celtics and the way this game ended, I doubt that this was 'putting the game away'. The dunk occurred when there was 5 seconds left, they were up 6 and no Raptors were around to foul. It was a classic, cocky, Celtic way of saying FU to the Raptors organization and all of their fans.
But he just kind of dunked it, not hard or with a flourish, just dunked it in their building to please the fans. You're creating implications in your head, probably because you're pissed that they swept us this season.

Next season we will beat the Celtics. You know why? They'll be older.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: