Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #1
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Default Rolled My Right Ankle

Tonight ... pretty bad, playing pickup.

I haven't had an injury like this since my 1st game of my senior year of HS.

Hurts brutally bad, and I've never been someone prone to injuries and I play alot.

Just very disappointing. As I type my leg is elevated and I'm icing the hell out of it. Hopefully I won't have to visit the doctor 2mmorow. That would just kill me.

Having felt like my sneakers were a bad luck charm, having played in them for the 2nd time, I ditched them and gave them to someone in the locker room.

I don't know what caused the injury, whether I came down on someone's foot, landed wrong like on the side of my foot or something but all I remember was I went up in the air on weak side help to block a shot and came down really bad and immedietly fell down, and then eventually had my buddy help me into the locker room.

Anyone had any ankle injuries here as of late, or in general? Hearing some fellow ISH'ers stories might be cathartic in some ways.

Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Re: Rolled My Right Ankle

What shoes do you wear?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #3
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
What shoes do you wear?
http://images.google.com/url?source=...m43LaGkZKA7A9w
Old 02-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

If you don't already know my story you don't want to... it's far from inspiring

You should be back in a few weeks man sweat it. Just keep resting and icing until the inflammation starts to subside then do the heat thing. Injuries suck this time of year cus it's so damn cold. Stuff heals way better in the spring/summer months.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:51 AM   #5
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
You should be back in a few weeks man sweat it. Just keep resting and icing until the inflammation starts to subside then do the heat thing. Injuries suck this time of year cus it's so damn cold. Stuff heals way better in the spring/summer months.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, bro ... it means alot. I was able to limp back home and drive on it, I hope that means it isn't too bad. But it's gotten more sore as the nights went on (as expected) ... I've done nothing but pop advils and drink beers to dull the pain.

Yeah, sucks that it came in winter. I'm lucky I did it on a week of paid vacation, but if I have to miss work I will be disappointed.

I just hope it's not anything serious.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

i was rocking those exact shoes in the 4th grade. Them are the KG's I believe. Hey Samurai I that you get an Ankle Brace and tighten really tight, if your game is explosiveness and outjumping ppl for boards etc it going to affect it, but if it is not. You could be moving on the court in a week. I rolled my ankle pretty badly in the summer, and it honestly took almost 3.5-4 months before it completely felt hundred percentage to the point where I didn't need to wear an ankle brace.

Last edited by lilojmayo : 02-11-2010 at 03:51 AM.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Yeah, dude, I'm with liloj. Get a brace or support. Prob have to use it for a few weeks.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #8
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

Ankle sprains are a killer. Problem is most try to come back too quickly and don't let it heal. Ultimately, it can take 3-6 months for a sprain to fully heal depending on the Grade.

You can try using a brace but it is like putting a bandaid on a big laceration, gotta do the other things to help it heal.

My concern would be any type of avulsion fractures, specifically at the base of the 5th metatarsal. If you want, Google the "Ottawa Rules" and see if any applies to you.

If it is not fractured, nor a Grade3 sprain, i like to use non-weight movement based activity to speed healing along with minimal ice and some other techniques that you would not be able to do by yourself. Good luck and let it heal.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

I think I am lucky when it comes to ankles... I always end up just spraining my foot (I don't even know if it's considered a sprain) I think my ankles must be like indestructible or something cus I see guys do the same thing as me and they sprain their ankles and are out for weeks... and I'll only be out for like a week if that with no pain anymore.

Watch next time I play after my hamstrings heal I will probably sprain my ankle after saying all that
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #10
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Thanks for all the support fellas. I'm going to give it one more day of rest and if it isn't better by tommorow, I'm going to get X-rays.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:06 AM   #11
Permodius
I airball my layups

I rolled my ankle too. It was 2 weeks ago in our final home game. Oddly enough I didn't feel any of the real pain until I got home. So far it's still hurtin', but it is considerably easier to put my sneakers on now, used to hurt like a *****.
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: