Thread: PC or Consoles

raep tiem

Default Re: PC or Consoles

PC's are better, but I'm a lot more used to consoles so I use them

This f orum sucks dick

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    still battling my addiction
    Well season 4 has been sucking ass so far but the whole one for all mode is pretty fun. I may stop playing it altogether especially since I main jungle and it's really hard to jungle now.

That's why I'm thinking of buying an Xbox360 or ps3 on amazon this coming Black Friday.

The Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption, two of the best games of the last 10 years, are exclusively on consoles.

Just saying.

I enjoy consoles a lot more, but PCs are stronger.

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

Whatever floats your boat, folks.

ps4 for me, because of the bells and whistles coming down the line ..for one, features like instant game resume, coming out of standby , like their promising And how about that 150Watts of power , when gaming...wizardry mang.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...=715235&page=6

Im just glad that sony 7yrs later is moving to 1080 territory. Feels good man.

/also seconded, the others poster commenting about gaming feeling more "natural" with consoles
    //console gaming has a certain [COLOR="Teal"] je ne sais quoi[/COLOR]

kings fan

PCs ain't just for gaming anyway. You can do anything on a PC. Y'all think itsreal85 makes ***** Turtles on an xbox?

National High School Star

The main problem with using a PC for gaming is that it is not as conducive to team gaming, and that is where some sort of console gaming built in my brand loyalty.

Taking turns playing Mario 3 with my sis, playing Golden Eye 4 players on N64, or Super Smash with my friends all around the tv is what gaming really was all about. Though I admit, as a freshmen in the dorms we all (like 20 of us) had our doors open and played Counter Strike lan style for almost the whole damn year. It was incredible.

Gaming is about playing with friends, as much as it is about the actual game. Nowadays, I basically just play Fun Run on my phone against my friends. We got really and 4 of were laying on the floor (carpet) at my friends house after a night out and played Fun Run, first to 7 victories. It came down to .02 in the last game...haven't had that much fun playing games in years.

Personally, at this point, phone gaming > every other sort of gaming for me. I just randomly want to play games for 10 minutes (while dropping kids off) and it is the perfect device. I don't have the patience to sit around and play an intensive game anymore (not that I ever really did I guess). The only exception would be if I bought a system and started playing NBA2Kwtv on it. I could see myself putting in work on that on a nightly basis if I didn't have NBA to watch and/or a gf/startup company nonsense to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lol they're not even close to being as powerful as a moderately high end PC that's a couple years old. Most specs and tests I've read puts the PS4 at a mid level i5 from 1-2 generations ago matched with a 580. That's pretty sad and you can see it in the side by side comparisons.
    Yeah obviously technologically, pc beats console everyday of the week. On the otherhand , consoles are a "closed box system " that is highly optimized. It not just a copout anymore; by their nature, they can do more than a comparable spec pc, in most cases...things like art direction is not easily quantifiable,but the results speak for themselves (1080p uncompressed screengrabs f om ps4, ) http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=716795&page=41

These consoles. Have enough horsepower under their hoods. And games are already looking amazing. Developers only need now to focus on fun and original gaming.

Dat art direction ...what, why I can't...even.....my lord (click on thumbnail)

And that's from the "least" capable system of them all,the wiiU
    Last edited by sommervilleCdn; 11-24-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sommervilleCdn
    Yeah obviously technologically, pc beats console everyday of the week. On the otherhand , consoles are a "closed box system " that is highly optimized. It not just a copout anymore; by their nature, they can do more than a comparable spec pc, in most cases...things like art direction is not easily quantifiable,but the results speak for themselves (1080p uncompressed screengrabs f om ps4, ) http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=716795&page=41

These consoles. Have enough horsepower under their hoods. And games are already looking amazing. Developers only need now to focus on fun and original gaming.
    I try to stay away from those too user friendly solutions.

Haha that's ok...maybe 3yrs down the line when ps4 and or xbone,have workout their manufacturing kinks workout. Maybe Join in and see what the fuss is all about. Or not

Xbox one and PS4 are PC architecture, they just have a custom gui and consistent hardware.

When the Steamboxes start getting released on the regular how will people react? Those will be PCs, that a setup to run Steam (a PC program) in a linux (PC operating system) environment, in the 'living room'.

Not to mention you could already hook up your PC to a TV (they are all basically just computer monitors these days anyway) and all "Games for Windows" marked games have been required to support XBOX 360 controller for like 5 years now. Playstation even announced it's PS4 controller is PC compatible.

While I still prefer PC gaming, I do have a PS3, and will likely buy a PS4 after it's first big price drop.

As to the person who called out Last of Us and Red Dead, it goes both ways. Lots of great games aren't available on consoles as well. Lots of great games are only on 3DS or some other mobile platform.

I don't think anybody can argue that PC isn't the most powerful gaming platform even as 'nextgen' systems have just been released. Technology just moves too quick.

As others have mentioned it's more about what you find fun at this point.

NBA lottery pick

I thought people only played the sims and roller coaster Tycoon on the pc

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    I love both honestly. Just about any game that's cross-platform I'll play on PC if I can. Being able to use a traditional controller(<3 Xbox 360 controller) for racing games, action games, etc. and the keyboard/mouse combo for shooters, puzzlers, strategy, etc. offers a ton of versatility. Not to mention games like Bioshock look better than their console counterparts with relatively modest PC hardware.

But social gaming(as in, playing with friends in person) is more suited for consoles, and there are so many great exclusives. Plus the ease of use. There's no dicking around trying to optimize something to get it to run just so like I had to do with something like Crysis or GTA 4 on PC. And exclusives. Exclusives. Exclusives. Smash Bros.? Yes, please.
    I love all the Nintendo exclusives like Mario, Smash Bros., Zelda, etc. and that's why I excluded them from the discussion. Nintendo's main focus is on making fun games and they've never been one to boast about specs. Sony and Microsoft, on the other hand, lead the user to think they're part of the "next-gen" when their machines are actually just inferior PCs.

Phone gaming has come pretty far too. If you have a capable device(I have a Galaxy S4) some games really pop graphically. Dead Trigger 2, Asphalt 8, Fifa 14 etc. all look remarkably good. Lots of great puzzlers/strategy/RPGs etc. that translate well to touchscreens and short burst gaming, and then you have stuff like Bard's Tale which is essentially a console game.
    I've always found it really challenging to play action games with a touch screen. It's just too cumbersome to use the screen to mimic so many different controls. I think smartphones are perfect for puzzle games, RPGs, and sports games.

taken from another thread... dat Nintendo art direction again
    -dat DOF (depth of field, effect)..that highres texture assets; a nintendo game never looked so good.

dat.. anisotropic filtering

source http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...716795&page=38
    Last edited by sommervilleCdn; 11-24-2013 at 01:43 PM.