Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Default the lakers and kobe bryant are just played out. the leagues tired of them.so are fans

...and the players.

lets just face it. its done. stern doesnt wanna help them anymore. the refs dont either. and everyone else including the lakers themselves are bored of this run we've all been witnessing over the last decade

people keep trying to point fingers. but its not just 1 thing. or 2 things. its everything.

kobe might still be one of the top players in the game. but after 17 years this same old act has just gone stale. he needs a fresh start on a different team. the lakers need to go in a new direction. they need a new leader. they need hunger and a new born energy

for howard its hard for him to get enspired when hes just been put in a position to build kobes legacy and not his own.

the fans are spoiled.

the refs dont care to give us any benifit of the doubt calls or superstar treatment anymore

stern stopped us from getting paul and cost us odom

the only free agents that wanna come here now are finished before they even put their name on the contract

this team top to bottom has no hunger. no need to prove themselves because theyre hanging on to past success.

the coach isnt respected. the system isnt respected. the players are soft. old. the fans are bored. the stories played out

enough already. i myself as a kobe fan can admit. he needs to go for this team to turn it around.

trade kobe bryant

trade pau gasol

trade steve nash

make dwight the main guy. build around him with young players.

this is the new 2005. kobe will go to another team and maybe get 1 more ring then fade away like shaq

howard will have his own team and build it into a contender within 2-3 years

its the natural way of things

do it mitch
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
BMOGEFan
Banned

Default Re: the lakers and kobe bryant are just played out. the leagues tired of them.so are fans

I would never try to build around dwight after seeing his attitude and the way he plays.

Orlando was actually the smart ones that got rid of him, knowing of his limitations.

I'd just blow up the team after 2 years, all contracts off the table and start signing players via free agency and draft.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Default Re: the lakers and kobe bryant are just played out. the leagues tired of them.so are fans

Bulls will gladly take him for a season or two. Thibs defensive strategy can cover up for his EXTREME visible lack of effort.

Kobe can focus on the only thing he cares about, elite scoring (which we need) and he can hold us over until Rose comes back.

He's surrounded with youth, athleticism, and gritty defenders, with a smart coach who cares about defense and schemes.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
red1
GOAT franchise

You have been posting interesting shit lately. I remember you had a post that I found surprisingly insightful where you were talking about team accomplishments and how a championship depends on more than one player. Future rep
red1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
upside24
MVP

Yeah.

The fans are so tired of Kobe. That's why he got more AS votes than any other player.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
I would never try to build around dwight after seeing his attitude and the way he plays.

Orlando was actually the smart ones that got rid of him, knowing of his limitations.

I'd just blow up the team after 2 years, all contracts off the table and start signing players via free agency and draft.

kobe being the best laker is a bad thing. i think him being one of the most talented players at 34 ( even more than dwight ) has effective howard emotionally and mentally

the lakers would have been better if kobe wasnt good enough and had to accept a 2nd leading role next to howard

because kobe has been able to do it before and is capable of staying hungry in that position

howard isnt. he needs that #1 spot

this is why kobe must go. trade him for a few good players. trade pau and nash for some bench players.

get a new young pg and coach that plays inside/out
Old 01-06-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
Yeah.

The fans are so tired of Kobe. That's why he got more AS votes than any other player.

i think kobes still popular. but fans dont care to see him prove anything anymore

hes proven enough. theres no real hunger to shut people up when kobe wins.

i still like him. but i'd rather see the lakers in a position to win 5 years from now and kobes wasting his last remaining good years with this team that doesnt give a damn

its just played out. both sides need a fresh start. kobe and the lakers

this marriage has just grown apart after so many years
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
SilkkTheShocker
Curry: 0x Finals MVP

Kobe makes the franchise way too much money to ever realyl trade him. Plus, his contract doesn't make it easy at all.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
upside24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
kobe being the best laker is a bad thing. i think him being one of the most talented players at 34 ( even more than dwight ) has effective howard emotionally and mentally

the lakers would have been better if kobe wasnt good enough and had to accept a 2nd leading role next to howard

because kobe has been able to do it before and is capable of staying hungry in that position

howard isnt. he needs that #1 spot

this is why kobe must go. trade him for a few good players. trade pau and nash for some bench players.

get a new young pg and coach that plays inside/out
Why should Howard be #1 when he isn't playing like a #1 option?

Kobe should sandbag just so Howard gets more shine and touches to boost his confidence?

When Howard stops fumbling passes, getting stripped, and starts making more free throws maybe, but right now he is behind Kobe.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #10
upside24
MVP

Quote:
i think kobes still popular. but fans dont care to see him prove anything anymore

hes proven enough. theres no real hunger to shut people up when kobe wins.

i still like him. but i'd rather see the lakers in a position to win 5 years from now and kobes wasting his last remaining good years with this team that doesnt give a damn

its just played out. both sides need a fresh start. kobe and the lakers

this marriage has just grown apart after so many years
I see your point but Kobe deserves to retire a Laker.

If he does he traded, I hope he goes to the Bulls like the poster TheMan said.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
kennethgriffin
NBA Legend

Quote:
Why should Howard be #1 when he isn't playing like a #1 option?

Kobe should sandbag just so Howard gets more shine and touches to boost his confidence?

When Howard stops fumbling passes, getting stripped, and starts making more free throws maybe, but right now he is behind Kobe.

he isnt playing like a #1 because hes a #2

he's not giving full effort because he feels all he can do on LA right now is build kobes resume

howard wants to be #1, get all the credit, be the leader.

he plays like he doesnt give full effort because hes NOT giving full effort

for him to play with energy he has to feel important. and kobe probably makes him feel like a role player.

kobe only gives respect to those who are on his level. and i bet kobe doesnt feel howard diserves to even be in the same room as him sometimes. that rubs off and can kill a mentally fragile person like howard

for a guy like dwight to be successful he has to be encouraged. hes got shaqs disease. if you dont feed the dog, he wont guard the house.

he doesnt care if they lose because it falls on kobe and the more things go wrong. the more chance things will change in dwights favor

he knows this. and sorry to say it. i actually think howard wants the lakers to fail

he seems almost justified and happy when they lose. like he has no real anger for each loss. walks off the floor with the look on his face like "i told you so"

you might ask yourself. why give him what he wants or why reward a guy like that. well its our franchise player. and if we cant make him happy then in 2-3 years the lakers best player will be darius morris and everyone else will either be retired on be on a different team
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
upside24
MVP

Quote:
he isnt playing like a #1 because hes a #2

he's not giving full effort because he feels all he can do on LA right now is build kobes resume

howard wants to be #1, get all the credit, be the leader.

he plays like he doesnt give full effort because hes NOT giving full effort

for him to play with energy he has to feel important. and kobe probably makes him feel like a role player.

kobe only gives respect to those who are on his level. and i bet kobe doesnt feel howard diserves to even be in the same room as him sometimes. that rubs off and can kill a mentally fragile person like howard

for a guy like dwight to be successful he has to be encouraged. hes got shaqs disease. if you dont feed the dog, he wont guard the house.

he doesnt care if they lose because it falls on kobe and the more things go wrong. the more chance things will change in dwights favor

he knows this. and sorry to say it. i actually think howard wants the lakers to fail

he seems almost justified and happy when they lose. like he has no real anger for each loss. walks off the floor with the look on his face like "i told you so"

you might ask yourself. why give him what he wants or why reward a guy like that. well its our franchise player. and if we cant make him happy then in 2-3 years the lakers best player will be darius morris and everyone else will either be retired on be on a different team
I agree with most of this. Howard probably does want to be the leader but that's not going to happen with Kobe.

I never really bought in to the "Howard is mentally weak" thing but the more I watch him on the Lakers the more I believe. He obviously doesn't like his position on the pecking order but all I can say is improve your level of play and compete every night and maybe you can move up a spot or two.

I realize Howard is the future of the Lakers, and I'm not as pleased about that as I was when I first heard of the trade, but Kobe isn't going to take his foot of the pedal. He knows his career is almost over. Howard has to prove to Kobe that he isn't just a glorified role player (which he is right now IMO).
Old 01-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
TheBigVeto
College star

Quote:
stern doesnt wanna help them anymore. the refs dont either.

Finally you admitted that Stern & the refs have everything to do with the Lakers' 'championships'.

You are finally making sense. Well done.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
Mr. Jabbar
well well well

Lakers need mentally tough players cause the pressure is always more on the lakers, specially when they play alongside godbe. We've been getting nothing but natural born losers who crumble at adversity. Look at these jokes:

- Steve Blake
- Ramon Sessions
- Chris Duhon
- Darius Morris
- Jodie Meeks
- Antwan Jamison
- Pau Gasol
- Dwight Howard
- Andrew Bynum
- Lamar Odom

All those combined have the toughness of a blanket.

The only REAL addition has been Steve Nash, Matt Barnes and Jordan Hill over the last years. The teams 9-10 man rotation consists of kobe + a bunch of weak ass players who cannot bring one good game to the next one even if they life depended on it.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #15
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Yeah.

OP is very talented.......he can type with his @ss
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: