Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Magic The Gathering

I actually like the modern concept, since I can no longer afford the legacy duals, problem is certain cards are already becoming like legacy prices due to modern demand, ie Thoughtsize, confidant, vendillion clique and co.

Good thing I played alot during that time and have those and hopefully a modern masters reprint will stimy the increase.

I also hate price gougers and speculators who buy all the stuff up in hopes of manipulating the market, one reason I hate Starcity games since they are the number one price gougers of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    Occasionally shark jumping by WoTC; the legendary rules has been changed again.

Now, two same legends in the battlefield won't killed each other anymore. Both players may play the same legends at the same time but each can only have one legend at a time. Same goes to planeswalkers.

So, clone tricks against certain annoying legends (Emrakul, Geist of Saint Traft, Gaea's Cradle, etc.) won't work anymore.
    what a dumb a$$ rule over simplyfying the game, the only rule I did like was changing of the sideboarding rule, where its now any number until 15 cards and the switching of sideboard and main deck is no longer swapping 1:1

Somebody speculates that the change is just because Theros block will be full of legends ala Kamikawa block.
    most likely it is since Theros seems to be of Greek mythology and stuff.

The thing is that, in Standard scene, it will give enormous power to Geist of Saint Traft and Sigarda users in the next 3 months, and EDH will a mess for blue players.
    this actually makes Show and tell so strong in legacy since it weakens Karakas and the clone effects people sideboard in to counter emrakul and strengthens Omniscience since they can go Omni into Emrakul extra turn then Emrakul again next turn and still keep one Emrakul in play. Also alot of EDH generals just became extremely hard to kill like the and formetioned Sigarda, Uril and Thrun and Geist

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Trading away Boros Reckoner for Blind Obedience is one of the worst moves I've ever done. Blind Obedience does find many homes in Standard but it cannot be compare with the Reckoner that its price has jumped 5 times of the start ($5 -> $20-25 a piece).
    Ouch. Boros reckoner is dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Trading away Boros Reckoner for Blind Obedience is one of the worst moves I've ever done. Blind Obedience does find many homes in Standard but it cannot be compare with the Reckoner that its price has jumped 5 times of the start ($5 -> $20-25 a piece).
    hey they both cost about $2 right now so i guess it was okay in the end

Banned

standard is so weak and bullshit now. Got modern goblin deck, legacy dredge and Progenitals and Norin the Wary EDH Haven't played for a year or so though, might look for games around here again

fetchlands are finally getting reprinted. modern and legacy just became much more accessable.
    Last edited by Nanners; 08-31-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Still doesn't mean it is gonna get any cheaper, especially after the set rotates. But sure, if you are into Modern, get them while you can.
    yes it does. there will be a TON of kahns opened. rare cards that are getting mass printed have price ceilings, if they get too expensive stores will just open boxes and sell them as singles. the price should settle between $10-20 for the new fetches.
    Last edited by Nanners; 08-31-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Standard isn't going to be as appealing to me once Ravnica rotates

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    fetchlands are finally getting reprinted. modern and legacy just became much more accessable.
    NOOOOOOOOOO!! I was sitting on 3 foil misty rainforests. Will their price decrease or go up?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    NOOOOOOOOOO!! I was sitting on 3 foil misty rainforests. Will their price decrease or go up?
    Their price certainly won't go up, but they're foil staples and I'm almost positive they have different art anyway so that'll keep the price high. Something to remember is that demand will be extremely high first two weeks of Khans because not enough lands will have been opened to meet demand, sell in that window or keep them.

Anyway, Khans is about to the best set in forever, somehow Theros is the highest selling set ever and it blew ass.

Banned

With fetches reprinting, Modern demand could go up within 2 years and that might drive the price of all 10 fetches up a little more, but the days of $100 non-foil fetches may be over.

Khans will be the best set just because there are things for people to hunt down. For me, the quality of MTG sets depend on how good are limited formats on those sets. 3-colored based sets are usually more complex to draft but more fun to play.
    it can also be reprinted to shit like shock lands.

the first cycle of lands in khans, then zen fetches in khans 2, then the reprint of all lands in khans 3.

fetches getting reprinted means the price of pretty much every other modern and legacy staple should be going up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Their price certainly won't go up, but they're foil staples and I'm almost positive they have different art anyway so that'll keep the price high. Something to remember is that demand will be extremely high first two weeks of Khans because not enough lands will have been opened to meet demand, sell in that window or keep them.

Anyway, Khans is about to the best set in forever, somehow Theros is the highest selling set ever and it blew ass.
    Its lame they've slowed down red so much and stopped reprinting lightning bolt. Why