Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: What off-season moves should Detroit make? Fire Flip? Trade guys? New signings?

Quote Originally Posted by reecedoc
    look people, trade rasheed wallace 2 phoneix for shawn marion....yes thats a good trade.. dont amare need more help back there.. him and rasheed wallace will kill the spurs.. then move tayshawn 2 the power forward position,and slide shawn marion in.... yes that would be the best move 4both teams, since both teams keep f**king up when they get 2 the playoffs.....

billups/hunter
    rip/flip
    matrix/prince
    prince/matrix
    cwebb/mcdyess

nash/barbosa
    bell/barbosa
    diaw/rose
    wallace/amare
    amare/wallace/thomas
    Prince at Power Forward? Get Real...that boy better put on about 20 pounds of muscle first.

National High School Star

Default Re: What off-season moves should Detroit make? Fire Flip? Trade guys? New signings?

Hypothetically if they got Brown back they might have the defensive swagger and approach to the game the once had. Thats what made them was defense. When he left people were like school girls because everyone thought if they got more room to do what they want on offense they would be unstoppable. Well when that happened they forgot about there hard nosed defense that got them to elite status and this is where they are now.

Browns last two seasons was a championship with Detroit and taking Spurs to 7 games. If I was Joe Dumars i would be offering anything and everything i can for Brown to come back. But it probably won't happen after what was said after he left.

I usually hit open layups timmyD's Avatar

Default Re: What do you do if you're detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    I don't think the players ever respected Flip. Seemed to me like they were too cocky and arrogant after making to the Finals back-to-back. In the end, that was their undoing. It's good to be a little bit arrogant, but they seem to lack that killer instinct that shows they deserve to be arrogant.
    yeah man... i remember sheed and rip saying stuff like flip is the coach but we run our team off and on the court. that says they are letting flips words in one and out the other.

I don't understand all the trade Rasheed. He was the only player to show up nearly every game. Averaged like 16.6/10 was blocking mad shots, and playing pretty good in the 4th, only had a game or two where he shot too many 3's and I believe it was after they went up 3-0 on chicago.

If you want to base it on playoff performance Billups, RIP, Tay, and Webber should be out the door.

Sheed played better than all of them.

sheed,Delfino,murray,

for......boston

green,fifth pick,ratliff,and..wally..

Quote Originally Posted by snipes12
    sheed,Delfino,murray,

for......boston

green,fifth pick,ratliff,and..wally..
    That doesn't work out financially.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I don't understand all the trade Rasheed. He was the only player to show up nearly every game. Averaged like 16.6/10 was blocking mad shots, and playing pretty good in the 4th, only had a game or two where he shot too many 3's and I believe it was after they went up 3-0 on chicago.

If you want to base it on playoff performance Billups, RIP, Tay, and Webber should be out the door.

Sheed played better than all of them.
    Is he the oldest starter besides Chris Webber? If so, that's probably why. Also if his contract expires some time soon, then that's another reason.

   

the pistons aren't that far off, but they made a big mistake in signing webber.

the pistons need to be about defense first, and webber will always compromise you there. they need to dump his ass and look for defensive tigers, especially in the big man area.

that way they can get back to throttling you and having their 1, 2 and three score all the points necessary to win.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    [LIST][*]Sign And Trade Billups[*]Trade Rasheed Wallace[*]Add Amir Johnson to the rotation[*]Pick Acie Lawe III[*]Trade Nazr Mohammed[/LIST]
    they shouldnt trade billups or rasheed

NBA lottery pick

They aren't going to. That would be a stupid move. I don't see how they can get equal value if they trade Rasheed at this point. Really the only move they have left is to resign Webber. I don't see anybody else that is available that could help them out, unless there is something I am over looking.

get rid of flip saunders and trade rasheed

NBA lottery pick

And who are they going to trade Rasheed for? I don't see any scenarios where they would get equal value for him. He's sill one of the best PF's in the game.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    And who are they going to trade Rasheed for? I don't see any scenarios where they would get equal value for him. He's sill one of the best PF's in the game.
    I don't think trades arethe answer for this team. Maybe moving some bodies around. What would be a good seven (5 + 2)???

NBA lottery pick

I'm pretty content with the team besides the Center position. If they can get rid of a few of those gauranteed contracts and resign Webber I think it would benefit the team. I would like to see Webber have less minutes this season so we can see what some of the young guys have to offer. I really like the Camby trade rumors but I'm not so sure Denver is going to part with him this year, at least not early on. Webber isn't the greatest defensively and we all know that. He's probably the main reason Cleveland beat us in the ECF. Other than the Camby thing there really isn't anybody available (either FA or trade rumors) that would benefit us at this point. We may have to live with what we have, which is still a solid team.

Saw a basketball once

Fire Flip Saunders
    Trade for Mehmet Okur- we need those buckets off the bench
    Get Larry Brown back ASAP!!!!!!!