Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default List touching movies that brought you close to tears or made you cry?

I keep a list of every movie that I have watched in last 5 years, trying to keep it updated. just going down the list - few of them such as The Outsiders, E.T, Remember the Titans and Lion King are off the top of my head from before I started compiling the list:

In NO specific order, here's a bunch of moving movies that brought me to the edge of tears - none of them made me cry physically though. I am sure if I started talking after I saw many of these though, I would have a hard time talking without just choking up

-One Flew over Cuckoos Nest
    -A Beautiful Mind
    -original The Karate Kid series (original, NOT the one with Will Smith's son)
    -Gandhi
    -Gran Torino
    -A Perfect World
    -We were soldiers
    -Rain Man
    -The Outsiders
    -Shawshank Redemption
    -E.T
    -Forrest Gump (I gotta watch it again, haven't watched in a very long time)
    -Lion King (Saw this when I was 13, brought me close to tears. dunno if it would be moving now, maybe somewhat)
    -Schindler's List
    -The Pursuit of Happyness (only a couple scenes)
    -Saving Private Ryan
    -To Killing a Mocking Bird
    -Marley and Me
    -Remember the Titans
    -The Express
    -Gridiron Gang
    -Dead Poets Society (saw this in my senior year of HS in english class, vividly remember it. My senior year teacher was retiring that year alongside her senior students and she wanted to show the students 3 movies that she found very emotional, this was one of them). Never forgetting this; saw it on the last day of Highschool. Unforgettable.
    -Munich
    -Patch Adams
    -original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    -We are Marshall
    -Friday Night Lights
    -The Blind Side
    -The Bucket List
    -Toy Story 3
    -Click
    -million dollar baby
    -Glory
    -Glory Road
    -Coach Carter
    -Rocky (the last one in the series)
    -The Wrestler (thought the movie was a bit overrated but still very good)
    -Green Fried Tomatoes (personally didn't like the overall movie much, but it was emotional movie without a question)
    -Blood diamond
    -into the wild
    -Braveheart
    -Slumdog Millionaire
    -As good as it gets
    -Armageddon
    -Thirteen days
    -The Dark Knight (the ending hit me hard)
    -Lord of the Rings (few scenes hit me hard)
    -Hotel Rwanda (couple scenes)
    -Star Wars (more nostalgia than anything)
    -Full Metal Jacket (couple scenes hit me hard)
    -Back to the Future(couple scenes)
    -

Some international movies that were just stunning (Indian Bollywood movies, doubt 95% of the people here know these so it is for those other 5%):
    -Rang de Basanti
    -Three idiots
    -Taare Zaamen Per - have yet to watch this movie, but I know it will hit me hard when I watch it
    -Munna Bhai M.B.B.S
    -Lage Raho Munna Bhai

Damnit, I know I saw more than these movies that really moved me, but I just cannot remember off the top of my head right now. ughhh, I will post more if I think of them

Anyways, list some that really moved you. I want to add some movies onto my Need to Watch list, hopefully it will be some from the posts in this thread

edit: removed a couple. added a bunch new movies that I remembered
    Last edited by bladefd; 01-23-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Banned

Default Re: List touching movies that brought you close to tears or made you cry?

a serbian film.

Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: List touching movies that brought you close to tears or made you cry?

The f@cking Green Mile turns me into an emo. It's such a great movie, but I have a tough time watching it.

Exclamation Re: List touching movies that brought you close to tears or made you cry?

This scene from Big Fish:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCbdX92hbbg

Every time. Picture me an my dad. Water works.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I've never cried but I've had a little bit of moisture well up a couple times:

**** SPOILERS AHEAD ****

Shallow Hall (seriously)
    - The scene where Hal goes back to the children's hospital after he's been "de-shallowized". I dare someone to watch the movie and see that scene in context and not be touched. And I can't even stand children.

Vanilla Sky
    - The whole rooftop sequence, especially the flashback to David's memorial. Perfect music choices here too. Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

Toy Story 3
    - When he's giving away the toys. Oh god, oh man. Oh god, oh man!

Never Let Me Go
    - Best movie of 2010. "We had it to see if you had souls at all." The change on Tommy's face, the sad acceptance on Kathy's. Devastating.

Into the Wild
    - Towards the end where it cuts between him in the bus and scenes of his family.

Banned

Ghost..

The song from Air Supply made my cry alot..

Damn Op, you just a crying little b!tch aren't you?...

Anyway, movies I cried on:

I am Legend- When Will Smith had to kill his dog.
    Marley and me- You know why...

I redid my list, some of my movies I felt shouldn't of made it, but the two main ones that get me almost get me tearing up everytime are...

Up
    --The beginning when it shows the montage of Carl and Ellie together, when she can't have a child. And towards the end when Carl finds her adventure book and he see's what she left for him as a message before she died.

The Green Mile
    --When Paul (Tom Hanks) asks John Coffey what's he suppose to say when God asks him why he killed one of his miracles. Then they execute them.

lion king, only because i was a kid and never seen death of a major protagonist

but nothing really

hero made my dad tear a little but he's a super chinese

Little DJ - Seen it twice, cried twice.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Up
    --The beginning when it shows the montage of Carl and Ellie together, when she can't have a child. And towards the end when Carl finds her adventure book and he see's what she left for him as a message before she died.
    I really liked that too. It's a shame that everything in between kinda bored me.

Cinderella Man - When Crowe had to beg for money.
    Wall-E

Oh the Bealsanity

The most emotional I've gotten from a movie is Toy Story 3. Holy hell, that end scene was rough. I was in tears.

I think I also teared up a bit from Pay it Forward. And American History X just made me feel really sad. Other than that, can't really remember too much.

Edit: Haven't seen Marley and Me but I hear even if you know the ending you will still most likely cry. Doubt I'll ever see the movie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I really liked that too. It's a shame that everything in between kinda bored me.
    I liked the whole movie.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Rudy
    Forrest Gump
    Dead Poets Society
    The Painted Veil
    Saving Private Ryan
    The Thin Red Line

...i'll think of more