Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Curry,Mj,Kawhi Leanoard,KG,Hakeem best team ever

Who is stopping this team.

Default Re: Curry,Mj,Kawhi Leanoard,KG,Hakeem best team ever

There's gotta be a 3D guy in NBA history who can replace Kawhi on that team.

The perfect mismatch/antidote for that team would be:

PG - Magic
    SG - Lebron
    SF - Bird
    PF - Kareem
    C - Shaq

(just imagine your lineup trying to stop this lineup from ragdolling everybody, especially when Curry guards Magic, you switch him of and he is now forced to guard either Lebron or Bird.... thats bad)

Magic
    Kobe
    Pippen
    Bird
    Shaq

If Bryant is too ball-dominant, if he creates some "problems", or if EVEN better on-ball defense was necessary, I'd replace him with Moncrief... Or even Cooper instead (considerably worse scoring but better 3pt shooting than Sidney).

And I've refrained from having LeBron there (for the moment, at least)... Would've been even that more talented...

On defense, I'd put Kobe on Curry, Scottie on Jordan, and Magic on Kawhi... I'm set there, let's say.

Who's Curry guarding though? Magic? Kobe? He's getting roasted... And Pippen was not an elite scorer but still a very good one, while he's considerably bigger than Steph and a freak athlete.
    Larry pulls Garnett out from being close to the paint, and gives him lots of trouble when moving off the ball, going through screens and such...

Kobe reached 38% from 3pt-land (on 4 attempts) at some point, while Magic and Pippen developed into solid 3pt-shooters, Bird's one of the very best shooters of all-time... So I got spacing, which is also imporant for peak Shaq to do his thing.

Diesel and Bean formed one of the GOAT duos and I've got Bird and Johnson on the same team working that magic for the ages:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kruHBD5HaY0

Done stopped ya

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Magic
    Kobe
    Pippen
    Bird
    Shaq

If Bryant is too ball-dominant, if he creates some "problems", or if EVEN better on-ball defense was necessary, I'd replace him with Moncrief... Or even Cooper instead (considerably worse scoring but better 3pt shooting than Sidney).

And I've refrained from having LeBron there (for the moment, at least)... Would've been even that more talented...

On defense, I'd put Kobe on Curry, Scottie on Jordan, and Magic on Kawhi... I'm set there, let's say.

Who's Curry guarding though? Magic? Kobe? He's getting roasted... And Pippen was not an elite scorer but still a very good one, while he's considerably bigger than Steph and a freak athlete.
    Larry pulls Garnett out from being close to the paint, and gives him lots of trouble when moving off the ball, going through screens and such...

Kobe reached 38% from 3pt-land (on 4 attempts) at some point, while Magic and Pippen developed into solid 3pt-shooters, Bird's one of the very best shooters of all-time... So I got spacing, which is also imporant for peak Shaq to do his thing.

Diesel and Bean formed one of the GOAT duos and I've got Bird and Johnson on the same team working that magic for the ages:

Done stopped ya
    replace Pippen with Lebron and this is a good list

In a modern game? No chance. You need to be able to shoot the 3.

Don't even pretend like Garnett could do it. Jordan attacked the basket and Leonard isn't great at it.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Magic
    Kobe
    Pippen
    Bird
    Shaq

Done stopped ya
    Yep! Just replace prime Lebron with Pippen instead though and you will have an even bigger whooping, but Pippen will be enough, no need for overkill. :P

Banned

Jason Kidd
    Dwyane Wade
    Lebron James
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Shaquille O'Neal

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Jason Kidd
    Dwyane Wade
    Lebron James
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Shaquille O'Neal
    4 guys who are useless outside 15 feet and the last guy mainly operates out of the elbow? Great team but they aren't beating any dream team level teams.

Current Curry
    '92 Jordan
    '14 LeBron
    Garnett
    Robinson

I like this team.

5-time NBA All-Star

Steve Blake
    JJ Redick
    Larry Bird
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Arvydas Sabonis

Game. Set. Match

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Steve Blake
    JJ Redick
    Larry Bird
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Arvydas Sabonis

Game. Set. Match

Walt
    Gino
    Pippen
    Kiki
    Bill Walton

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    4 guys who are useless outside 15 feet and the last guy mainly operates out of the elbow? Great team but they aren't beating any dream team level teams.
    With their level of scoring, passing, driving, and ability to exploit mismatches I'm sure they can beat any dream team.

We already know how dominate Kidd, Wade, and Lebron would be as a trio from the 2008 Olympics in terms of how they would run the break cause turnovers. Then you add Dirk (who can stretch the floor, finish around the rim, and give you offense from the high post) and Shaq (who would equal any impact that Hakeem would give the opposing team).

I'd take my team over OP's.

2008 Jason Kidd -> Peak Mentality
    2009 Dwyane Wade -> Peak Ability
    2012 Lebron James -> Peak Ability and Mentality
    2009 Dirk Nowitzki -> Peak Ability
    2000 Shaquille O'Neal -> Peak Ability and Mentality

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    There's gotta be a 3D guy in NBA history who can replace Kawhi on that team.
    Why Kawhi has some of the best Defensive numbers for a wing since Pippen.