Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Celtics bench is sucking early in reg season

Two games in and the Boston Celtics bench has been outscored both games.

This is not what many in Celtics Nation - or the Celtics players - envisioned this season.

For the next few weeks, you'll hear most of the commentary surrounding the Celtics framed in the context of this season still being young.

But there's no escaping the C's second unit, has played a lot of second-rate basketball thus far.

They have been out-scored each of the first two games by a total of nine points (69-60). That in itself doesn't seem like that big a deal.

-- CSNNE
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
CelticBaller
Maimi Heat

Default Re: Celtics bench is sucking early in reg season

doc needs to play our bench more against the wizards
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

Jason Terry has been very disappointing so far. I don't know if he will be able to adjust to his new role on the team, where he isn't frequently touching the ball when in.. Shooting 38% has to change, I'm sure it will but I don't know if we are gonna be getting the same guy that DAL had all these years. Jeff Green looks great though, and Sully should be impressive.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Shade8780
ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarumorz
Jason Terry has been very disappointing so far. I don't know if he will be able to adjust to his new role on the team, where he isn't frequently touching the ball when in.. Shooting 38% has to change, I'm sure it will but I don't know if we are gonna be getting the same guy that DAL had all these years. Jeff Green looks great though, and Sully should be impressive.
Yeah. His fourth quarter last night against the Wizards sucked badly. He took about 4-5 shots and missed them all badly which led the Wizards to get close to us. I'm really liking Green, Sullinger and Lee with the exception of last night. He couldn't make a shot.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
ballup
Mavs of Fantansy Ball

Way to be sensitive Jeff.

The only bench player who has left a good impression on me is Barbosa. Green has been alright. I didn't really notice him except in the Wizard's game. Has shown some of that promised aggressiveness on offense. Sully can get into good position, but it seems as if he can't affect the shot of his matchup. Terry has been streaky, but overall unimpressive. I can't remember how Wilcox has been.

I think Wilcox should get some more minutes for he's a veteran who knows the offense and defense better than any of the new guys. Either Terry, Lee, or Barbosa (Doc doesn't think he's a good option) should play more point/playmaker. Can't be playing Rondo 40 mpg.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

It will take time for guys to adjust to their roles, especially if Doc is going to continue to juggle the starting lineup.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: