Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Has any other all-time great had worse teammates than LeBron had in Cleveland?

For such an extended period of time too? The only ones that would even have a logical case would be Hakeem and KG, and even I think their teammates were slightly better than LeBrons

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Has any other all-time great had worse teammates than LeBron had in Cleveland?

Agreed OP. Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, Danny Green, Carlos Boozer, Shaquille O'Neal, Anderson Varejao, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are all scrubs

Default Re: Has any other all-time great had worse teammates than LeBron had in Cleveland?

Consistently the best defensive and three point shooting team in the league. Huh, sounds perfect for bran actually.

I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Agreed OP. Mo Williams, Larry Hughes, Danny Green, Carlos Boozer, Shaquille O'Neal, Anderson Varejao, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas are all scrubs

Yup you're right, Shaq was definitely in his prime

Banned

Allen Iverson

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Consistently the best defensive and three point shooting team in the league. Huh, sounds perfect for bran actually.
    thanks to Bran

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    We're counting Boozer now They played 1 season together in LeBron's rookie year.

As for the other players? None are better than Role Players.

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Allen Iverson

when iverson became all-time great plus he had Mutumbo that was better than anything Bron had

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    In large part due to LeBron...

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    Allen Iverson
    When you take a team with Aaron Mckie as your second best scorer, you know you are probably going to get destroyed in the finals. Despite that, AI went off for 48 in the first game and a few other games in the series were pretty close. I sometimes watch game 1 2001 NBA finals every once in awhile. One of the greatest individual performances I have ever seen live.

AI also reminds me of a guy that I always guard at my gym. I'm 4-5 inches taller than him but he's had some nasty crossovers on me. I fell on one i was embarrassed.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 06-25-2014 at 06:29 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I've actually just recently heard that he had 66 winshares that year they won 66 games. Turns out he did everything and his teammates did literally nothing.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

We're counting Boozer now They played 1 season together in LeBron's rookie year.

As for the other players? None are better than Role Players.
    Would have been interesting if he stayed with the Cavs. Would have at least made the 2007 NBA finals a little closer. Maybe a 5 games series instead? Either way you got to credit LeBron for taking a bunch of scrubs to the NBA finals. For christ sake, that team made a washed up Larry Hughes look like an all star.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

LeBron was not a very good defensive player at that stage in his career, it was one of his weaknesses. They were a great defensive team because they had a lot of strong defensive players on the team. They were built that way. and they specifically brought in great 3 point shooters to camp the perimeter because it fit LeBron's style of ball. it was no accident.

Oh yeah? Why didn't his other players sink their threes this year, then?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Would have been interesting if he stayed with the Cavs. Would have at least made the 2007 NBA finals a little closer. Maybe a 5 games series instead? Either way you got to credit LeBron for taking a bunch of scrubs to the NBA finals. For christ sake, that team made a washed up Larry Hughes look like an all star.
    Eastern Conference