Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #301
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

By the way vert, I never stopped thinking Tracy was on Kobe's level but wtf are you supposed to argue when a player is chronically injured?
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #302
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,443
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
By the way vert, I never stopped thinking Tracy was on Kobe's level but wtf are you supposed to argue when a player is chronically injured?
Yeah, I hear you. The NBA would be a better place if players like Tmac could stay out of the trainers room and on the court.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #303
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,443
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
You mean the same way Kobe fans tried to argue he was the best despite missing the playoffs?

Despite tanking in the FINALS against Detroit?

Despite blowing a 3-1 lead and wilting in Game 7?

Why don't you take that lens and point it towards Bryant Fan hypocrisy, double standard and flat out bullshyt, which I can guarantee you overshadows any contradictions I might make.

By the way, you stay away from telling me what I "would" be doing and I'll stay away from telling you what YOU "would" be doing.
Exactly the same way Knoe. That is what I am saying. Your arguments against Kobe are just as the ridiculous as the groopie arguments for Kobe.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #304
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,443
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
By the way, you stay away from telling me what I "would" be doing and I'll stay away from telling you what YOU "would" be doing.
Sorry, just telling it like it is.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #305
SecondFiddle
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
SecondFiddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 624
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

I'm thinking of changing my your name to P.Y.T
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:30 PM   #306
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,957
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

This is actually turning out to be a good thread considering the name of the title. It has not turned into a full all out homerism thread, at least.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #307
SecondFiddle
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
SecondFiddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 624
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsatyr
This is actually turning out to be a good thread considering the name of the title. It has not turned into a full all out homerism thread, at least.

Homerism, now that is a word!:
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #308
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,957
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
Homerism, now that is a word!:

You know it.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM   #309
shok
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 249
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

It is upsetting that he and the Rockets' success this season is going unnoticed all while the 2 superstars have been injured part of the season.

I've also been seeing a lot of "darkhorse" and "underrated" comments but they've got some proven veterans and some nice pieces in Battier, J. Howard, Mutombo and a very nice piece in Bonzi Wells (no offense to the others on their team). They SHOULD be where they're at, if not, they should have a better record.

My point is, I have none, except that I believe McGrady should get a lot of credit for their success.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #310
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light
 
Knoe Itawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,307
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Exactly the same way Knoe. That is what I am saying. Your arguments against Kobe are just as the ridiculous as the groopie arguments for Kobe.

And what exactly are my arguments against Kobe that are so ridiculous? That he's not far and away the best player in the game? That Jordan comparisons are undeserved thus far in his career? That his failures (Pistons, 1-19,Suns) should be weighed in as well when talking about him? That he has been overrated and overhyped during his career? That he comes across as an egotistical jerk? That Wade CAN be argued to be in the same league as him?

Please tell me all the "ridiculous" things I I've said about him.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 PM   #311
vert48
Can You?
 
vert48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,443
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
And what exactly are my arguments against Kobe that are so ridiculous? That he's not far and away the best player in the game? That Jordan comparisons are undeserved thus far in his career? That his failures (Pistons, 1-19,Suns) should be weighed in as well when talking about him? That he has been overrated and overhyped during his career? That he comes across as an egotistical jerk? That Wade CAN be argued to be in the same league as him?

Please tell me all the "ridiculous" things I I've said about him.
Everything in that set of statements is completely true.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:47 PM   #312
KINGD
Banned
 
KINGD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,035
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

how bout holding wade to 6-17 shooting in the second half of the game on MLK day?Holding t-mac to 8 points in the game vs houston? Shutting down andre igualdoa, kevin martin. Kobe's defense has been very good since mid-december. The guys gone from being one of the most overrated defenders in the league to underrated.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:51 PM   #313
shok
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 249
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
And what exactly are my arguments against Kobe that are so ridiculous? That he's not far and away the best player in the game? That Jordan comparisons are undeserved thus far in his career? That his failures (Pistons, 1-19,Suns) should be weighed in as well when talking about him? That he has been overrated and overhyped during his career? That he comes across as an egotistical jerk? That Wade CAN be argued to be in the same league as him?

Please tell me all the "ridiculous" things I I've said about him.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was a Tracy McGrady appreciation thread.
shok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #314
PureElement
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 556
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Holding t-mac to 8 points in the game vs houston?

Kobe was barely guarding Tracy that game and his team was blown out by 25.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #315
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef
 
Xsatyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,957
Default Re: Tracy McGrady - Top MVP Candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGD
how bout holding wade to 6-17 shooting in the second half of the game on MLK day?Holding t-mac to 8 points in the game vs houston? Shutting down andre igualdoa, kevin martin. Kobe's defense has been very good since mid-december. The guys gone from being one of the most overrated defenders in the league to underrated.

Yeah Tmac was being played by more than one defender, it is called double team. Which is why the lakers got stomped on by the Rockets bc everyone else was open.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy