Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM   #76
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,470
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Okay? And if we are the best damn country in the world then we should be able to make it a lot better than it is right now. That's why we do what we do because this country could do a lot better.

I dont even think you have anything to combat us with besides the "liberal agenda" comment which is stupid and ignorant.


Like you saying all conservatives are idiots.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:41 PM   #77
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
Okay? And if we are the best damn country in the world then we should be able to make it a lot better than it is right now. That's why we do what we do because this country could do a lot better.

I dont even think you have anything to combat us with besides the "liberal agenda" comment which is stupid and ignorant.
comparing our president to Hitler and and all conservatives idiots is not making things any better...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #78
schyza
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 783
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

[quote=XxNeXuSxX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza

That's incorrect, "50 recounts" only occurred after Gore was forced out. Later results proved Gore had really won the votes for Florida. He was elected president, whether you like it or not.

He won the popular vote but not the electoral. So no he didn’t win the presidency and if you read my post I voted for Gore that election so the “Like it or not” doesn’t fit”

You've "never heard of it"? It's a crock of sh*t. Bill O'Reilly and the rest of Fox Nazi's try to stir up to shift blame from neo-cons mistakes and blame an out-of-office democrat. Clinton tried to go after Osama for years, but neo-con congress wouldn't fund it.

Funny I watch and listen to a lot of news and have never heard it not saying it hasn’t been said because I simply don’t know but I have never heard this. But Clinton went after OBL? When after the US Cole bombing the original WTC bombing please enlighten me because from the reports I’ve read the Sunnis had OBL sitting in a plane on there tarmac refueling when the Clinton administration was contacted and asked if the US wanted him to be detained and Clinton said we didn’t have enough to hold him on.

One, Hilliary Clinton isn't a serious person. Two, they were given blatant lies for reasons to go into war. Weapon inspectors have said there was zero evidence of WMD, but a mysterious CIA agent 'suddenly said' there "could" be some WMD's. And this was skewed and twisted by the administration and fed to congress.

Blatant lies? You have proof of this? If the administration was still running on the previous (Clintons) administrations Intel and had not appointed people in the Bush administration how do you know that Bush wasn’t just relying on what he had to work with from Clintons staff. By the way the CIA (central intelligence agency) was run for the first 4 years Bush was in office by Georg Tenet (Dem) from Clinton’s administration.

Do you know what "middle class" is? It's a living hell for them right now, worst it's been in 3 decades according from to numerous studies Time Magazine, CNN, MSNBC, and ABC. (Fox News always conveniently ignores these things).

Do I know what middle class is? Did you read my post? I’m middle class and doing just fine. Not that I give that credit to Bush. But don’t blanket an entire class of people like you know what they are going through. The tax cuts have helped me plenty.

Again that's 100% wrong, the state immediately called for a state of Emergency, meaning they requested the feds to take over. The feds took their sweet ass time thanks to a couple orders from the men at the top. Probably thinking, "Ah, we don't need all those darkey's anyway, GO NASCAR LAWL!"

I’m really not going to argue Katrina with you unless you lived there and experienced it. I lived on Charles St how about you? But to touch on it for a second you’re the one that is 100% wrong about Katrina they didn’t declare a state of emergency till after it hit. Bush had called Blanco asking her to do it sooner and she didn’t the buss got flooded out and the local government did jack $hit to help then blamed it all on the Fed’s. Not saying that FEMA did a good job once they were called in but the local government should have gotten the ball rolling faster and didn’t. So IMO there is fault starting at the local government and going all the way up to the Fed’s and FEMA but to lay it all on Bush is just typical liberal Bush hate.

Tried to make a federal ban...

He didn’t purpose the ban it was done by other’s he just backed it. IMO this and abortion is something I wish would stay out of the political ring it has no place

Oh, I don't know... Maybe the FUCKING WAR?

That doesn’t explain how or who sets the price of a gallon of gas. Do you really think its Bush that sets the national price of gas? It’s called supply and demand that’s why every summer when kids are being let off for summer break the gas prices go up more people on the road more gas consumption.


Oh, the ignorance

You can call me ignorant all you want I’ll be above that by not calling you some childish name and just say hope you have a nice day.

Last edited by schyza : 05-08-2007 at 07:03 PM.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 PM   #79
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,470
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

[quote=schyza]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

You can call me ignorant all you want Iíll be above that by not calling you some childish name and just say hope you have a nice day.



Real nice schyza. Schoolin' some people in this thread, I see.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #80
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,428
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza

You can call me ignorant all you want I’ll be above that by not calling you some childish name and just say hope you have a nice day.
Quote:
Real nice schyza. Schoolin' some people in this thread, I see.

So a nonsense one-liner is "schoolin' me"? How about responding to the content.

It's sad... your kind is not educated enough to see the difference in "conspiracy" and "bad policies", that now you think "not calling me that" is classy? You already lowered yourself taking an elitist attitude, there is no going back now buddy.

Last edited by XxNeXuSxX : 05-08-2007 at 07:49 PM.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #81
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,470
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

[quote=XxNeXuSxX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza

So a nonsense one-liner is "schoolin' me"? How about responding to the content.

It's sad... your kind is not educated enough to see the difference in "conspiracy" and "bad policies", that now you think "not calling me that" is classy? You already lowered yourself taking an elitist attitude, there is no going back now buddy.


My kind is not educated. Very elitist and devisive there buddy.

You called Conservatives Nazis. Should I call all liberals communists and socialists?

Said only Nazis vote Republican. Do I need to dig up that old hateful vile thread you made denigrating all Republicans and Conservatives? So, you need to get outta here with that. Call a spade a spade bro. I wasn't even being that serious about my comment; it was all in humor. But you calling conservatives Nazis was something you were serious about. You are the elitist here. You think all conservative policies are bad policies. So how can I reason with a partisan like you huh? Are the Democrats saints? Can they do no wrong? Are the Republicans vile and evil? Can they do no right?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #82
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater
 
XxNeXuSxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: UConn
Posts: 7,428
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

[quote=Heilige]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX


My kind is not educated. Very elitist and devisive there buddy.

You called Conservatives Nazis. Should I call all liberals communists and socialists?

Said only Nazis vote Republican. Do I need to dig up that old hateful vile thread you made denigrating all Republicans and Conservatives? So, you need to get outta here with that. Call a spade a spade bro. I wasn't even being that serious about my comment; it was all in humor. But you calling conservatives Nazis was something you were serious about. You are the elitist here. You think all conservative policies are bad policies. So how can I reason with a partisan like you huh? Are the Democrats saints? Can they do no wrong? Are the Republicans vile and evil? Can they do no right?

1. That comment ("Your kind") was not meant directed at you; however, if you feel that it fits you, then by all means be insulted.

2. Never called all conservatives "nazi's". Don't know where you got that from. I have the utmost respect for true conservatives like Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul. I did however, call Fox news 'Fox Nazi's' as a joke, but it is fitting for some of their commentary (Hello Malkin, Bill O' and Ann). But nope, never called the generic conservative a Nazi. Pay attention.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #83
Heilige
An Icon Forever
 
Heilige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: location,location
Posts: 3,470
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

[quote=XxNeXuSxX]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige

1. That comment ("Your kind") was not meant directed at you; however, if you feel that it fits you, then by all means be insulted.

2. Never called all conservatives "nazi's". Don't know where you got that from. I have the utmost respect for true conservatives like Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul. I did however, call Fox news 'Fox Nazi's' as a joke, but it is fitting for some of their commentary (Hello Malkin, Bill O' and Ann). But nope, never called the generic conservative a Nazi. Pay attention.


Pat Buchanan is a racist. Pat has no problem with Fox News and his only real problem with Bush is the immigration issue. You still like him? I agree with Ron Paul though.

Now, tell me what you think a true conservative is? What does a true conservative represent? What are their policies like? How is the bush admin. different from a true conservative?

Did you like Ronald Reagan?

Last edited by Heilige : 05-08-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #84
schyza
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 783
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
So a nonsense one-liner is "schoolin' me"? How about responding to the content.
It's sad... your kind is not educated enough to see the difference in "conspiracy" and "bad policies", that now you think "not calling me that" is classy? You already lowered yourself taking an elitist attitude, there is no going back now buddy.


I guess your hooked on phonics DVD’s were lost in the mail and you don’t know how to read my post. You know the one were I responded to you point by point. (Friendly sarcasm) Look we can agree to disagree you are obviously a hard core Liberal Democrat and I’m an independent but more conservative I guess you could say. Like out of today’s candidates I like Guliani conservative on some things and pretty liberal on others like abortion and gay marriage. He seems to do what he thinks is the correct thing to do and doesn’t care about what people think about him. He has also shown first hand that he can turn something ran bad and turn it into something run good. (NY if I really needed to elaborate) So like I said we have to I guess agree to disagree were probably worlds apart on our political views and would just be beating a dead horse.

Oh!!! And by the way no I don’t think I’m classy by not resorting to childish name calling. I know I am

Got to be above calling people ignorant especially people you don’t know. Doing so only shows your immaturity. You have know idea what my level of knowledge or education is on any given subject. So in calling some on ignorant you show real weakness in your argument:) . Anyways this has been fun and don’t think that because we disagree on politics that we can’t agree on other things like basketball since this is ISH.

Have a nice one my man.

Last edited by schyza : 05-08-2007 at 08:28 PM.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:27 PM   #85
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,692
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
and another thing

if there are so many huge conspiracys that our government is involvled in and they are so great into fooling the public.

THEN WHY DIDN'T THEY PLANT WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN IRAQ THEMSELVES????



the way our government handled Katrina and the fact they weren't even able to cover up Pat Tillman's death is proof that they are incapable of any large scale conspiracy
Doesnt your last statement answer your own question?

Also the people who called the WMD in Iraq a Slam Dunk Case (head of the CIA) or other such BS (Bush said he knew cause he could feel it in his guts) were not the same people on the ground looking for the weapons. IT was put forward as a reason, it has nothing to do witha conspiracy.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #86
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,692
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-

I am not a fan of Bush and I am looking forward to someone new but at the same time I am sick of hearing the ridiculas amount of hate toward him as though he is Hitler or something...some people just take things to a whole new level of stupidity.
we'll see how he is viewed in about 20 years.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:42 PM   #87
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,692
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Clinton is the last one to brief anyone on OBL after him doing nothing after the 93 WTC bombing and the bombings of US embassies around the world. Also, not taking OBL when Sudan offered him.

I'm sure Bush didn't take him as seriously as he should have when he was briefed regarding the matter. Clinton didn't take OBL serious when he was President at all.
just like he (more properly Rice) didnt take it seriously when their own chief counterterrorism expert requested a meeting with the cabinet. It took 3 months to put together, was all deputy level officials, and the idea that Al Queda was the most immediate threat to the US was blown off.

Heres part of the exchange that took place.

Clark (chief counterterrorist). Al Queda should be a top priority "because it and it alone poses an immediate and serious threat to the US"/

Dep. Sec. of Defense Paul Wolfowitz "Well, there are otheres that do as well, at least as much. Iraqi terrorism, for example".

Clark ask deputy CIA director to refute this which he did stating"WE have no evidence of any active Iraqi terrorist threat against the US."

Wolfowitz "Just because the FBI and CIA have failed to find linkages doesn't mean they don't exist."


And here is the point in all this, Rumsfeld, Bush and many other top officials in this administration were determined to take out Sadam before 9/11/01. This just gave them an excuse and the rhetoric to invade. Irag had nothing to do with Islamic extremist terrorist groups, but by couching this invasion in ambiguous terms like freedom and terror, it made it almost impossible for anyone in the administration or military chain of command to soeak out against this without getting blasted for being unamerican.


We entered into this war undermanned, against all advice of the pentagon, so that Rumsfeld could show how prepared the US was to fight the technological wars of the future. No one though about nation building. Tommy Franks was pulling out troops just 43 days after the invasion. We have created a front to engage us in the war on terror (our first evidence of Al Queda in the country was them crossing the borders into Iraq to engagte us!) that has distracted us from many of the real terror threats that do exist in the world.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:44 PM   #88
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,692
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
Like I said in a previous post Iím an independent (playing devils advocate.) But nice to see that most of you follow whatever the media spewsí most of what has been said in response to my posts have been Democratic talking points that Iíve heard a bunch of timeís and donít care to argue about because most are not based on fact but are spun to fit there liberal agenda. But know this you people that believe in all these conspiracies and think that the government is so horrible. You live in the best dam country in the world and should count your blessings. Other countries you would have been drawn and quartered for talking bad about the leader of you country.

And for the record not that it is anyoneís business in 2000 I actually voted for that fake ass environmentalist Gore guess I was still learning politics (but after 9/11 I thanked god he was not in office) In 2004 I voted for Bush not because I thought he was some supper great president but I would rather have him finish the war than someone new come in and try to take over. Anyway back to work.
you do realize that much of the media is skewed right in this country?
Calling it the "liberal media" doesnt change that.

SO who are you gonna vote for in 08, sinc eyou want Bush to finsih the war he started
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #89
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,692
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
He admitted he was wrong in saying that. And he didn't say that before 9/11.
it doesnt change the fac tthat he said this in a very public setting (coached up as well) and it has inspired many anti-americans around the globe.
"whoops, sorry I ****ed up"
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #90
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,692
Default Re: What's george bush thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Like you saying all conservatives are idiots.
who said this?
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy